You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

James wrote:

I don't even know who that is. 14 God I'm getting old and out of the pop culture loop completely.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:

The Cult opens in New Orleans...not a big surprise.  Decent I guess, but not really a fan...I know one song...probably means I hang at the hotel a little longer.  My dreams of the Skid Row reunion happening for this tour shattered...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't even know who that is. 14 God I'm getting old and out of the pop culture loop completely.

He's a country/rock guy. Broke out in the mainstream this year. Believe he was on SNL this season, and performed at one of the awards shows. Assuming he's big in Tennessee. I'm not into country one bit, but if forced I'd probably lean his way. Here's a tribute he did for Prince.

faldor

faldor wrote:
chad4bama wrote:

The Cult opens in New Orleans...not a big surprise.  Decent I guess, but not really a fan...I know one song...probably means I hang at the hotel a little longer.  My dreams of the Skid Row reunion happening for this tour shattered...

They have a few classic rock radio staples. Fire Woman, She Sells Sanctuary, Love Removal Machine. Not a huge fan, but I do like those 3 at least.

chad4bama

chad4bama wrote:

To be honest, I don't know The Cult from The Cure LOL.  Checked them out on Youtube..."Fire Woman" was the one song I knew...others seemed like they were more Depeche Mode new age-ish or something.  I'm a little disappointed.  I think for a stadium tour...one of the most anticipated tours in years...that they could have gotten better opening acts.

faldor

faldor wrote:
chad4bama wrote:

To be honest, I don't know The Cult from The Cure LOL.  Checked them out on Youtube..."Fire Woman" was the one song I knew...others seemed like they were more Depeche Mode new age-ish or something.  I'm a little disappointed.  I think for a stadium tour...one of the most anticipated tours in years...that they could have gotten better opening acts.

They could have, sure. But they didn't need to. Some shows sold out and pretty much all of them sold very well without even announcing any openers.

johndivney wrote:

Get bucket n bumblefoot on the bill. But no sixx am.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I am just happy to have Alice In Chains, just got into them last year. The Rooster = so good. I do know that their original lead singer is dead, but, I think they're a good opening band.

I agree with someone who said they should have tried and get RHCP. I agree. As without John the band blows.

chad4bama

chad4bama wrote:

A Skid Row reunion opener was my first choice...I also thought the Black Crowes would have been a good fit as an opening act on a stadium tour.  No matter...no one asked me lol...and like was said, most bought tickets not for the opening act...although it would have been nice to get max bang for the buck.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

AIC and Lenny work well because they're basically just a nostalgia act right now.

But if they release CD2, it'd be good to pair up with a contemporary act otherwise you're just pandering to your base.

Board footer