You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 45 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

FlashFlood wrote:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ash … s-reunion/

Article in the link. Got to imagine it was an "either/or" scenario with he and Richard, or it's a lie.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

I don't buy it.   

But I don't really care for DJ either.   I guess he is fine doing his thing in Nikki Sixx's band.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

WARose wrote:

100% true in my opinion. axl seems to be a big fan of dj for whatever reason. and he also seems to have lost any sense of reality about the slashless gnr era, too.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

I think DJ left because Motley was over and Nikki Sixx decided to make SixxAM a full time gig.    SO DJ was given a choice.   

Maybe Axl is a fan of DJ, but I just don't see him and slash both as guitarists in GnR.    It would clash.

Luckily, we have Richard and Slash now, and 95% of the fanbase seems good with it.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

CSS 2.0 wrote:

If true, without sounding like too much of an asshole, I am glad how things turned out.

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a good thing. Richard is a good enough guitarist that only the people who know the band history, really take the time out to notice that he's up there instead of Izzy.

DJ though is a complete distraction. He has a negative stage aura and has never endeared himself well to most of the fans.

Apart from that, how awkward would it be with Ashba standing there doing duel-ling guitar solos with Slash, while wearing a top hat and smoking? I don't think it would have got past rehearsals. He's also never played on any officially released material an incarnation of the band has released.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

Smoking Guns wrote:

You know, reading this, DJ comes off like a really nice guy. Honestly and he also seemed kind of humble saying it was not his place

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You know, reading this, DJ comes off like a really nice guy. Honestly and he also seemed kind of humble saying it was not his place

Don't be gullible. DJ is full of shit. Richard was always the guy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You know, reading this, DJ comes off like a really nice guy. Honestly and he also seemed kind of humble saying it was not his place

Don't be gullible. DJ is full of shit. Richard was always the guy.

So before you said Slash only came back because DJ left. DJ's claim shoots down that theory. So sounds like Slash has been coming back since 2014... Is this accurate?

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: DJ ASHBA: AXL ROSE wanted me to be a part of GNR Reunion

misterID wrote:

DJ fucked over Axl.

Slash got the gig when he left.

DJ finds out, and tells a twitter follower that he basically left the band so a reunion would happen. That's not true.

He lied about SAM to Axl. There's a lot of bad blood there. You really think Axl invited him to be part of the band?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB