You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: How Long Have You Posted On A Guns N' Roses Fanboard?

AtariLegend wrote:

Just to take a quick survey of the forum, since most of our regulars here have been around for quite some time. Please consider voting via the poll, even if you don't post.

When did you first register on a Guns N' Roses forum?

I started myself around September 2006, although browsed prior for news about the band. I know a lot of us started around the same time period, but their are others that started before that and just a few that should have started at some point afterwards.

When did you first register on a Guns N' Roses forum?

2015/2016 0%
2013/2014 0%
2011/2012 4%
2009/2010 0%
2007/2008 0%
2005/2006 13%
2003/2004 21%
2001/2002 38%
1999/2000 8%
1997/1998 8%
1996 or Prior 8%
Total votes: 24
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

2001. Was reading about the Rio gig on Hell and 2TI. There was this guy Regal99 that liked to joke that Dizzy Reed was the real brains behind GN'R. Good times.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

2003/2004. HTGTH.

Still rather fresh by some standards.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I voted 1997/98. Might have been 96 but my brain isn't remembering any forums from that year, HTGTH was not a forum at that time. Just a front page with photos, lyrics, discog, and what little news there was. Having said that, I loved Jarmo's site.  There were other sites at the time but don't ask me their names.

In 97-98 a bunch of newsgroups popped up. This is when a new version of GNR appeared to be on the horizon and of course Axl's arrest brought in headlines. Tons of talk about classic GNR but the lines in the sand were starting to appear. Not to the extent of later years of course. It was just fans enjoying conversations and no wars had broken out yet. In 99 there was a brief moment of excitement when GNR were rumored for Woodstock.

I was not a hardcore user of these sites to the extent I was in the mid 00s. There wasn't enough news to keep people around and the old BBs/newsgroups did not have the same sense of community that the later forums had.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Posting since 2004, I think was when I signed up at htgth...tho I was following the lost rose since 2000 ... after he shut his site down I went over to jarmo's site

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Very similar to Neemo ^^

I read Lost Rose blog for about half a year around 2000 I think.

Then finally made my first post on HTGTH after the  Vegas concert. I posted religiously on that forum for quite a few years actually-mostly in The Jungle section though.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Lurked but never posted on htgth back in the day. Roses of velvet was the first time I actually posted anything, around the time of the first IRS leaks if I remember right. I'm a bit hazy on the dates.....

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Posting since 2004, I think was when I signed up at htgth...tho I was following the lost rose since 2000 ... after he shut his site down I went over to jarmo's site

Ha, that's kinda like how it went for me.
In 2001 i was going to Lost Rose and there was another site i can't remember, i think it was a slash fan site.
Read HTGTH for 2-3 years before i finally registered at the end of 2004.
Then the 'censorship' period started there and i followed the nice people to Roses of Velvet that turned into GnrEvo.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Registered in 2000 at undercoverx's site, I think there was also mygnr? And after that added gunner temple and c2ya, followed by HTGTH and evo.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

No idea honestly. I don't even remember how I found the first one I posted at or which one it was. RoV was the first one where I actively participated at, but I couldn't even tell you when that was.

Board footer