You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: GnR Denied Permit to play past 11:15 in Foxboro, MA

FlashFlood wrote:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/03/g … um-curfew/

BOSTON (CBS) – Guns N’ Roses has plans to rock Gillette Stadium in July. The iconic band won’t, however, be rocking past curfew.

As a part of a highly anticipated reunion tour, Guns N’ Roses is coming to Foxboro for shows on July 19 and 20.

The band’s representatives asked the Board of Selectmen for permission to play past the town’s standard 11:15 p.m. curfew at a recent meeting.

Selectmen, however, denied the request.

While considering the request, selectmen said they had concerns over a later ending time because the shows will take place during the week.

Other acts, such as Taylor Swift, have been allowed to perform until 11:40 p.m., but those shows have taken place on weekends.

Well, doesn't this just blow ass. Wonder what the bands response is going to be (if any). What a coward town!

I get that most acts should reasonably be able to conclude their set at this time, but a real rock show should be 2hrs +. And that is complete BS about the "older crowd". Guarantee median age for this show is 35. That's old these days?

I am sweating this one out. Was planning on spending big money to bring basically my entire family night one, then going again night 2. If we get some watered down 11 song set I am going to be bullshit...especially considering it was one of the higher priced tickets on the tour.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

well, axl learned how to get up on stage on time with ACDC, so i see no problem here...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Well I assume best case scenario Lenny goes on at 8, and he probably plays for an hour, so your switching sets at 9. Best case scenario there GnR goes on at 9:30.

I just don't see that best case scenario playing out.

johndivney wrote:

Curfews are lame as fuck. What a sick fuckin society. People can't make an exception once in their miserable fuckin lives to let other people have a bit of fun?!
Guns should just cancel the fuckin gig. Fuckin fun police.

johndivney wrote:
WARose wrote:

well, axl learned how to get up on stage on time with ACDC, so i see no problem here...

That's ac/dc time. Their fans have to be bused back to the nursing homes at a reasonable hour. GnR time is midnight til dawn.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Well I assume best case scenario Lenny goes on at 8, and he probably plays for an hour, so your switching sets at 9. Best case scenario there GnR goes on at 9:30.

I just don't see that best case scenario playing out.

Show time is 7 for Foxboro, so I'd hope Lenny would go on soon after that and be done by 8. Guns from 8:45-11:15. It's doable. I agree with you about the "older crowd" though. That's an extremely lame excuse. I'm not even sure what that means in the context of everything. A younger crowd can rock out until 11:40, but us old folks turn into pumpkins after 11:15? That makes no sense. They shouldn't have gone there.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Faldor's the biggest pumpkin I never knew. Its a fact.

AtariLegend wrote:

It's good, it means those of us that have no lives in the UK that stay up for the live stream can sleep before 8:AM.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Faldor's the biggest pumpkin I never knew. Its a fact.

And a handsome one at that. 22

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Axl managed an 8:00pm start time at their most recent gig in melbourne Australia a few years back. So it's possible.

Board footer