You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl vs Google/the internet

johndivney wrote:

https://torrentfreak.com/axl-rose-sends … to-160605/

Just setting himself up for more abuse.
Shame he doesn't have other things to occupy his time.
Shame I don't have other things to occupy my time.
All I've got is precious time..

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I remember how well this worked for Beyonce.

beyonce-super-bowl-banned-from-internet.jpg

AtariLegend wrote:

He's right. He doesn't even need to get the photo removed from everywhere, just from it being the first picture you see when you search for Axl Rose on google. The picture that showed up on google was sourced from a youtube troll video, of course posted by morons at MYGNR.

-edit-

Actually it looks like it's gone anyway, it's no longer the top photo!

Good for him.

Even if more people see the photo now thanks to media sources picking up on it, it'll blow over and be forgot about. It being the first picture you see however was much more damaging.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:

He should concentrate more on being fit for this tour where people will say "wow...he looks nothing like that pic on the internet now!"

No one is expecting 1988 Axl to show up...but lose any ridiculous facial hair and work with the personal trainer and lose as much weight as possible.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm on Axl's side on this issue. It was a terrible pic that trolls used to post for their own amusement. He should have dealt with this years ago but during the Ashba years very few people were paying attention.

Those morons were intentionally looking for photos to show Axl looking as bad as possible.....yet claim to be fans. Those types need a new hobby.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

I don't understand how people can say he's making the right move. This is a monumentally stupid thing to do: there is no way you can scrub the internet of a photo like that and you're just drawing attention to something you don't want people to see. It's internet 101 in a way, what goes onto the internet can't be taken off. And just the idea of whining that someone is being mean to him on the internet... oh woe is me!

Hell, there's even a name for what he'll run into: the Streisand Effect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect).

I get it, I wouldn't be happy either if I was the butt of a joke like that, but it's just dumb to think any good will come out of fighting this. Grow up, and man up, and people will move on. And like chad4bama says, shut these trolls up by getting fit instead.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I feel axl's pain on it.

I've had some medical issues that made me stack on the pounds past year or two and it's amazing how people treat you differently when you are heavy to when you are regular etc

That said I agree with The Mole that it's a fools errand to remove a picture from the net.

I think the best he can do is to date it. Grow his hair long so he doesn't look the same. Keep working on his weight like he seems to have been. Keep kicking ass in shows like he has with Ac/Dc and GNR recently. Eventually the story becomes about how good he looks now compared to his low point. Compared to how bad he was in 2011 compared to the 1987.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yep there was a time when the awful photos from 02 were the first thing you saw. In time they've dropped away and now you need to search for them.

That said I can see why you wouldn't want that photo as the first one people see. Not sure trying to get it taken down will work though.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

No, the best thing (only thing) to do would be to start some sort of grassroots fan campaign to drive a decent pic of him to the top of the Google search results. All this does is guarantee that 4chan and their ilk will ensure that every single Google Image search result is the Fat Axl picture. They hate being censored, and the picture's already out there – this is a monumentally stupid decision.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's a bit late too. Like I mean it's been a meme for like 3 years or more. The time to strike was long ago if even trying to attempt it. I agree it's giving it even more publicity. My facebook feed is mostly music/rock stuff and there were several articles about it today - when the focus had been on the Ac/Dc success and the possibility of wider GNR touring.

Board footer