You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Axl at the Chinese Exchange

CSS 2.0 wrote:
misterID wrote:

He’s Taking His Increased Workload Very Seriously
Saying he’s returned to his vocal coach after two decades, Rose explained why he’s sounding so good nowadays. “I do a lot of vocal exercises. … The Brian Johnson Back in Black stuff is really demanding. Sing it wrong and you might not be signing again.”

This is what pops out the most for me. Brilliant (although obvious) stuff.

Future certainly seems to be looking bright.

Now if only there was such a thing as a time machine...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'd really like to hear an Axl Rose film score, though I have no idea what form it'd take. Something like Trent Reznor's soundtrack work? Something lush and orchestral? Hell, I'm not even sure what sort of movie he'd like to score, since his tastes seem pretty eclectic and unexpected.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'd really like to hear an Axl Rose film score, though I have no idea what form it'd take. Something like Trent Reznor's soundtrack work? Something lush and orchestral?

If I were to guess, I'd say it'd be in the same vein as Madagascar, or the intro to TWAT... so likely orchestral.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think there would be electronica elements also.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I think I'd probably ask him about: The General (that song intrigues me), favourite Dennis Wilson / Brian Wilson tracks, what it was like to work with Don Henley, and if he isn't Fleetwood Mac.

I do know that Queen (what is left of it) wanted a go at Holy Man by Dennis Wilson, but, no idea what happened. I know the Ax digs the May & Queen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If I were going to ask about a song it would be Atlas Shrugged....it has a more interesting history than any of the other unreleased songs in the vault. Song had been talked about for years,  Ron lobbied for its inclusion on CD, it didn't make the cut and eight years later it appears likely it is going to be released in some form eventually.

Oklahoma would be my second choice. It has the longest history of the vault tracks and we know the story behind it but not why its working title was changed to Berlin.

What do you mean ask him if he isn't Fleetwood Mac?

Henley talked about the recording session with Axl eons ago. Said it was very intense. I wish the two had collaborated later on....the lack of collaborations another negative byproduct of the drawn out CD saga.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Anyone get the feeling he's putting it out there he is unwilling to change CD II? Slash could end up on a couple of songs, but he has been working to get the album where it is, he's a huge fan of the former line up, etc. If Slash doesn't replace Ron on the recordings I will be PISSED. The cool thing, we could hear Slash playing along with Bucket.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like Axl is indifferent is Slash is involved or not on CD2.... Like he doesn't care..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:
misterID wrote:

He’s Taking His Increased Workload Very Seriously
Saying he’s returned to his vocal coach after two decades, Rose explained why he’s sounding so good nowadays. “I do a lot of vocal exercises. … The Brian Johnson Back in Black stuff is really demanding. Sing it wrong and you might not be signing again.”

This is what pops out the most for me. Brilliant (although obvious) stuff.

Future certainly seems to be looking bright.

Now if only there was such a thing as a time machine...

Ron Anderson's back? Good news.

The band has been rehearsing for several weeks - minus Axl. "Part of the reason I don't go to rehearsals is, I like to go all out. If the band's not going out at the same intensity - they're concentrating more on getting the music right - I feel like an idiot, jumping around, taking it so serious," explains Axl, who does daily vocal exercises alone or with his vocal coach, Ron Anderson. The site of these rehearsals is an airplane hangar containing their massive, must-be-seen-to-be-appreciated new stage setup. Not to give anything away, let's just say intense is an understatement when describing it. - RIP 91

Still, why did he bail out of having a vocal coach in the first place? His voice got shot during the UYI tour and the upper register in 2001-2 made him patently Mickey. 2006-10 was pretty consistent, but after that, downhill again.

Newly-found professionalism is good, but it just makes it seem more plain what a pampered baby he's been across the years. If he showed up on tour, he may have been in shape. Lots of luck throwing Angus those temper tantrums, which have novelty value at the age of 5 - less so at 50.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Anyone get the feeling he's putting it out there he is unwilling to change CD II? Slash could end up on a couple of songs, but he has been working to get the album where it is, he's a huge fan of the former line up, etc. If Slash doesn't replace Ron on the recordings I will be PISSED. The cool thing, we could hear Slash playing along with Bucket.

If he's "staying the course" with CD II and only has minimal interest in Slash and Duff's involvement, I pray to sweet baby Jesus that he has ditched all work on the material post 2004 and is going back to the original project and will let Slash, Duff, Fortus, Melissa, and maybe Dizzy and Frank add a bit of layering/improvement to that material.

Notice how when they played the title track this year, it sounded better than it has since 2001. They took it back to its roots. The finished album of 2008 was a complete mess. Any adding of Ashba, Ron, etc. past that point would make the second album an even bigger mess. Axl himself may have realized they would simply make it worse which is why the 09-14 lineup never went into the studio. Why bother?

Due to the label, we never got to hear the real Chinese Democracy. What we heard in 2008 was the abortion version of his initial vision. If he unloads the second album while the world is watching, there will be a LOT of focus on it so why not go back to how it was intended?

Said it before but I'd be just as interested in hearing the real first CD as I would CD II. That 2001 lineup deserved to shine. Its no longer possible but releasing music that contains them but with only minor additions from Slash would be a godsend for hardcore fans like us.

Remove Ron from the equation completely. Frank is still in so keep him involved I suppose although I'd love for Brain/Freese to still be included, remove anything non essential of Pitman's and let Melissa fill that gap, and we've got a an album the public will be all over like Roseanne Barr on a loose meat sandwich.

Just make sure it has a hit single to kick things off. 9

Board footer