You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Axl at the Chinese Exchange

war wrote:

I think Axl is being gracious with the coma thing. Words can be misunderstood. His actions say he put a lot of thought and effort into performing it and getting to the point where could do so properly. He could say"The baby made me do it" and he would still be showing commitment to Slash and the band by preparing for and nailing it every night.

As far as CDII It will still come of as Axl's album if it is titled along those lines and if it is the same songs, further more. Don't see any friction from anyone within the current state of gnr regarding Slash and Duff replacing Guitars and Bass.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They talked about this on the radio today. Here's how they put it: Axl sees new music with both GNR and AC/DC, he's shown Slash and Duff new songs that they really like, Angus is strumming up new ideas for songs on tour, feels protective over Angus and doesn't want to let him down, he has no plans or interest in a solo album, but would like to do instrumental soundtrack work. That was a pretty good summation.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Under no circumtances will the "second half of Chinese" be called CD II. Hardcore fans simply labeled it as such since no album title was ever given for it.

I doubt the label would want the title used and I doubt he would either. While he clearly loves playing the songs he also mentioned years ago what a nightmare the project was. Nothing good can come out of using that name.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I agree, but irony s that no matter what it's called it will be called CD II by the fanbase. 16

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I liked that "Legend of the Red Panda" name. 

I didn't really care for "Stay of Execution" if that was an album title. A little too try hard.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

The next album clearly should be titled: "Slash / Duff are back, Hell Ya! - Love / LOL Axl"

And you're like oh man, how can I take that album title serious? But, you find the best songs on it. And you'll be like hey man, have you listened to "Slash / Duff are back, hell ya! - Love / LOL Axl" it is so good.

Nice comedic play and mocking of millennials and today's day and age of text speak.

Or my other suggestion is: "Hell Freezes Over...It's Not the Eagles album, gawd!"

ComeUpRoses
 Rep: 3 

ComeUpRoses wrote:

You guys are probably right. If Axl wanted to be a Dick he would have.

He's not exactly known for great subtly when he's in dick-mode. Still, I can understand people feeling like any misplaced word or questionable gesture could be misconstrued, leading to this reunion blowing up before it even gets off the ground. Personally, I don't think that's going to happen. I think Axl has grown up a lot.

(*knock on wood* If I jinx this whole thing, I'm going to feel terrible!)

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

I don't think Axl was being an asshole with his comments, in fact i thought he was very nice towards Slash. It seems to me through all the crap that happened in the 19 years between the two, Slash was the biggest asshole the whole time. He gives his honest opinion because, like many former and now current bandmates have stated, hes brutally honest. Just my opinion.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think what might be rubbing people the wrong way is that he's not saying there was miscommunication, both were in the wrong, they decided to bury the hatchet and forget the past, he's sticking to his guns that he was wronged and the feud wasn't his fault. It says a lot that he said this to Slash, and is perhaps why no one is saying anything to the press (Duff & Slash) as to not rock the boat. Slash, his first and only word on the subject is that they got rid of the negativity. That's all that matters. And Axl probably did let a lot go. It says to me he was waiting 20 years for Slash to say he was sorry.

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think what might be rubbing people the wrong way is that he's not saying there was miscommunication, both were in the wrong, they decided to bury the hatchet and forget the past, he's sticking to his guns that he was wronged and the feud wasn't his fault. It says a lot that he said this to Slash, and is perhaps why no one is saying anything to the press (Duff & Slash) as to not rock the boat. Slash, his first and only word on the subject is that they got rid of the negativity. That's all that matters. And Axl probably did let a lot go. It says to me he was waiting 20 years for Slash to say he was sorry.

Exactly.

Board footer