You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Frontman Says GUNS N' ROSES Is Prime Example Of How Not To Act On Tour

Backslash wrote:

Axl wouldn't hang out with me... :wtf:  People write about us on the internet... :wtf:

Jeez... I hope all that crying doesn't smudge his mascara and eyeliner... that would be a damn shame.  Another thing, did Axl only sing for a half hour at any show that BFMV played?  No?  Well that's because he had do to 2+ hour sets to make up for putting the audience through the crappy openers.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Axl wouldn't hang out with me... :wtf:  People write about us on the internet... :wtf:

Jeez... I hope all that crying doesn't smudge his mascara and eyeliner... that would be a damn shame.  Another thing, did Axl only sing for a half hour at any show that BFMV played?  No?  Well that's because he had do to 2+ hour sets to make up for putting the audience through the crappy openers.

I seem to remember BFMV opening for GNR on at least one of the UK gigs I attended. Possibly London Hammersmith. There were 3 fangirls infront of us (5 rows from stage, dead center) who were only there for BFMV, totally oblivious to GNR. When Jungle started up they were in the middle of the pit and had to be carried away in tears before Its So Easy even began 14

Good times! Nothing beats the adrenaline rush of another fan passing out and everyone crushing to move in to the now vacant space 16

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I thought I'd already replied to this thread a looong time ago, but I guess not. Bullet for My Valentine can suck my dick. They're more of the "modern" American metal shit that's all but ruined Headbangers Ball for me. Funny, I don't remember GN'R playing any half-hour sets on the 06/07 tour. And let me tell you something else, Rob Zombie is a class act. Anybody who knows how he deals with the fans, who knows how he deals with the press, and who knows how he deals with his own crew and support bands knows that the shit they said about him was total, utter bullshit. I remember it well, and I'm glad the Zombie canned their fucktard asses. If they didn't like the way Axl treated his own audience (not theirs, since no one gives two shits about them), they should have manned up and confronted him about it while enjoying his good catering and the large audiences he drew for them to play, not to mention the opportunity itself. But they didn't. They tossed his name around on the internet and in interviews after the fact to get themselves some free press. And guess what? It worked. Here we are still talking about them, a mediocre mall metal band. Done.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I've never heard anything from these guys, but I'm guaranteeing you they suck if they have to name-drop Axl to get press.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I have to say, I don't understand why they just can't be cool with them, Axl [GNR]was once an opening band too.

Time and money changes people. Axl let the fame get to his head and has been an impatient egomaniac for the last 18 years, perhaps even longer than that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Actually in reading Slash's book....they were like this from day one...according to the book, the first tour they headlined, they treated Faster Pussycat pretty bad too

depended on how much they got along with the guys or respected them as muscisian's

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I've never heard anything from these guys, but I'm guaranteeing you they suck if they have to name-drop Axl to get press.

So many people do that and I just don't get it.

Do what? Name-drop?

Or, make assumptions about a band? Lemme hear them then, and I'll judge for myself.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer