You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HEATH LEDGER DEAD

I just watched on the news that Heath Ledger was found in Manhattan dead.

No reasons are given as of yet.

Heath Ledger TMZ has learned that Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams. He was set to play the Joker in the upcoming Batman film "The Dark Knight."

Story developing...

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/heath-ledger-is-dead/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow sad

RIP heath

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Most likely a drug overdose or suicide, although with his career about to hit a high point with Batman's release, I doubt he killed himself.

Hollywood has got to reign in this drug culture and how the media rewards it. Blacklist these fuckers who use drugs and the problem will decrease.

This is fucked up. I have not seen all of his movies, but he was definitely talented. Way too young to die.

This will definitely affect the Batman franchise. Hopefully he at least finished filming the current one.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

On the news they're saying it's probably drug related... overdose...

I'm really shocked and sad. He still had so much to offer...:(

This is very, very sad, he was so young and a little girl.

The drug thing is waay of control.

James

James wrote:

NEW YORK '” Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in what authorities say is a possible drug-related death, the NYPD said. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne told The Associated Press that Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment that is believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there, and found him dead at 3:26 p.m, Browne said.

The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain," where he met his wife, actress Michelle Williams, in 2005. Ledger and Williams had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.

Ledger's roles include the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball" and had starring roles in "A Knight's Tale" and "The Patriot." He was to appear as the Joker this year in "The Dark Night," a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins."

James

James wrote:

That was a pretty good performance in Monster's Ball.

Whats sad about talented actors like Ledger dying so young(and River Phoenix), is you just know they had some amazing performances left in them, and because of their mistakes the world will never get to see all that potential become a reality.

nugdafied wrote:

What?

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

It's shocking...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Wow, I'm in shock, RIP Heath. Like others have said he had so much left to give.

I think he'd finished filming for Batman, who knows what they'll want to do now though.

Board footer