You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HEATH LEDGER DEAD

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, Ledger's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

'

I have to say something about this, why would he take all of them in one day.   That's muliple painkillers, anit anxiety and sleepaids.   I dunno about you but I would fear taking all of these meds in one day knowing that just can't be right and I would do some serious damage or death.   My husband is on a low dose anti anxiety and that is a 24 hour med.  My Cousin takes Xanax and I know she takes 2 at a time so I can understand that some people can do that, but that is just one drug, now combine painkillers and sleep aids?? I dunno, that's a receipe for disaster as this has proved.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yeah it's a tragedy for certain but he was stupid to take all those different drugs at once. If he was barely sleeping though it can make you do silly things, perhaps he wasn't aware of what he'd already taken when he took the next set of drugs.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

He did have pneumonia. That might have further added to his confusion along with his lack of sleep.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, Ledger's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

'

I have to say something about this, why would he take all of them in one day.   That's muliple painkillers, anit anxiety and sleepaids.   I dunno about you but I would fear taking all of these meds in one day knowing that just can't be right and I would do some serious damage or death.   My husband is on a low dose anti anxiety and that is a 24 hour med.  My Cousin takes Xanax and I know she takes 2 at a time so I can understand that some people can do that, but that is just one drug, now combine painkillers and sleep aids?? I dunno, that's a receipe for disaster as this has proved.

You've known me for 3 years, and know how I mix shit as well. Vicodon, valium, and drinking shots of codeine cough syrup. People do it. Some go a bit too far. As Clinton would say, "I feel his pain". While I take that shit for various reasons(the great high, a toothache), I have also had sleeping problems for many years.

Sometimes you need these drugs and become dependent on them to get by. He just made the fatal mistake of taking just a bit too much. He likely double dosed. Was already high, still couldn't go to sleep and wasn't interested in riding the high, and wound up taking more to go to sleep not realizing how much he already took.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think it was an isolated incident either where one day he suddenly took too many pills and *plop* he was dead. I'd guess he was flirting with danger over weeks/months possibly years of being addicted to some of these pills. I would think in past he came close to od'ing, but made it through, cooled down a bit, then started flirting with disater again. Similar to a heroin addict (Cobain, Staley, Brad Nowell).

Jameslofton wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

'

You've known me for 3 years, and know how I mix shit as well. Vicodon, valium, and drinking shots of codeine cough syrup. People do it. Some go a bit too far. As Clinton would say, "I feel his pain". While I take that shit for various reasons(the great high, a toothache), I have also had sleeping problems for many years.

Sometimes you need these drugs and become dependent on them to get by. He just made the fatal mistake of taking just a bit too much. He likely double dosed. Was already high, still couldn't go to sleep and wasn't interested in riding the high, and wound up taking more to go to sleep not realizing how much he already took.

Yes James and I have yelled at you for some of those things!

But you're right he definitely took too much and unfortunately made a very fatal mistake.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

more info on the tox report

(TMZ) The NYC medical examiner has finished the toxicology report following the death of Heath Ledger, and has just ruled that the actor's death was caused by acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine
The NYPD found five different medications in Ledger's apartment after his death, including anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan).

The sleeping medication Zopiclone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) -- which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" -- were also found

James you really need to go see a dentist sad

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer