You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: HEATH LEDGER DEAD

James wrote:

Wow. He pretty much killed himself over his intensity to pull off The Joker.

This is going to be one of those roles for the ages. I can feel it.

If he was pretty damn sick from pneumonia, its possible he didn't realize how much of that shit he took, and he could have "double dosed" when in fact he had done the same thing earlier in the evening.

Drugs are serious business, regardless of whether its over the counter, sleeping pills,etc.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Well, the thing about sleeping pills is, you can easily imagine someone ODing on them. I mean, he was only getting an hour of sleep with 2 Ambiens? Holy shit, that's 16 per day just for 8 hours of sleep. I can imagine someone who is really tired (though their mind is still going) wanting to go to sleep and needing the pills, but the pills won't work so they keep taking them. And before they know it, they OD and possibly die. It's just so tragic, especially for his little daughter (just 2 years old) and his ex-girlfriend. His publicist said that their break-up was far from angry like the typical Hollywood break-up. He said that they genuinely loved each other and still did up until his death, just that for whatever reason they needed to break-up and that it was a difficult process for both of them. There were reports that she was given a sedative (understandable) and that she was on her way from L.A. to New York.

I really do think this will be the James Dean case of our time rather than another River Phoenix. The Heath Joker is going to blow people away. Even Chris Nolan himself called it an extraordinary performance and he's not the type to exaggerate shit like that. This whole thing will be very weird. The premiere night. Imagine Nolan trying to introduce the film on the red carpet, etc. in front of all the media people and trying to hold back the emotion that will surely hit him. I know for myself it will be brutal trying to watch this film.

James

James wrote:

I haven't watched a lot of his films. Still haven't watched Brokeback Mountain. I saw him in Monster's Ball, which was a good movie and he played that role well. I remember him in 10 Things I Hate about You years ago, but that was just a run of the mill teen flick.

I was looking through Netflix for his movies, and I moved a film called Candy to the top of my list. Should be getting that in a couple days.

Don't know about the Dean comparison, as he was more of an iconic image than known for any talent, but I do agree this performance could put him up there with the greats if it is nearly as good as some are claiming.

If it is a mindblowing performance, he better get nominated for awards even though he is dead. Hollywood is too full of garbage to ignore a great performance just because of tragedy.

He is like Phoenix in the sense that you will always wonder what else he could have brought to the table, regardless of which drugs were consumed. With Dean, no one really wondered that. He was just an image.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I know from personal experience that its very easy to double up on ambien.  The first few times you take it it knocks you on your ass.  I remember the first time I took it, I was hanging out with friends thinking okay this wont kick on for an hour or so.  Next thing I know I'm sitting down on the couch drooling everywhere. 

My only problem with it was that it looses its effect after prolonged use (just like most drugs do).  After awhile in order for it to help even a little bit you got to take more.  Its entirely possible he doubled up, then woke up an hour later... forgot he already took them, and hit the bottle again.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Agreed there James.

Now here comes something sickening. You know that dickwad church that pickets dead soldiers' funerals? Well they are promising to picket Ledger's funeral because of Brokeback Mountain.

heath.jpg

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Shocking. His career was just starting to take off.

James

James wrote:

Wow, that is disgusting. The guy isn't even cold yet and they are already slandering him.

What I always find funny about those types of groups is that most of them are closet homosexuals, and the way they deal with it is by putting it off on to other people. Just like how women who are hardcore anti abortionists are likely to have had abortions themselves.

Makes me sick. Let the guy rest in peace.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

if theres any justice in the world, some really pissed off fans will show up and put the members of that "church" where they belong.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Oscars are gonna be hard to watch now. When they do that memorial tribute thing like they do every year, I'm sure the outpouring will be overwhelming from the crowd. I'm still shaking my head/almost crying each time I think about the fact that he's actually dead. Still in denial I guess.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Hopefully his funeral is in Australia so that the idiots from that church can't afford to even show up.

Board footer