You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slither

misterID wrote:

Thanks to MSL at Truth
13412873_1017691968285603_7103674878950499238_n.jpg?oh=bfbc2673419c40025fdde08c1eb3f6b0&oe=57D57220

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is like so 10 hours ago lol. Yes pretty cool. I know some will be pissed because prior to the shows many said "why would Axl sing anything from VR or Slash, that isn't GNR and CD is".

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is like so 10 hours ago lol. Yes pretty cool. I know some will be pissed because prior to the shows many said "why would Axl sing anything from VR or Slash, that isn't GNR and CD is".

It wasn't posted here, so thought I'd post it

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It wasn't posted here, so thought I'd post it

Just giving you a hard time. I think Axl would sound great on it!

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I'm not pissed, but I do understand why CD songs are in the setlist and VR songs have not been as of yet - since they're GnR songs.

I'm not opposed to VR songs tho.   Slither is a great song with one of the better guitar solos from that era of music.    Lets hear it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

INteresting turn of events. They're really delivering the goods. It would be like Soundgarden doing Cochise....highly unlikely yet here in this case it is actually going to happen.

I wonder if the AC/DC thing helped sway him in this direction. He may be enjoying doing other songs after the CD years and its set lists.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Someone on Truth said it was supposed to be a tribute to Scott.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If we're headed into Scott tribute territory, Axl needs to nail this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu6fkjjAKog

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

misterID wrote:

Someone on Truth said it was supposed to be a tribute to Scott.

That was a headline generated for clicks.. no basis in fact.

All we know is that Slither is listed as an alternate on the setlist.     That means its been rehearsed, but they may or may not play it,  Perfect Crime has been there since 2007 as well.. yet to be played.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If we're headed into Scott tribute territory, Axl needs to nail this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu6fkjjAKog

[/embed]
Damn good tune.

Board footer