You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 6/7/16 PAUL BROWN STADIUM, CINCINNATI, OH UNITED STATES

misterID wrote:

We're arguing a fan's fantasy scenario, not reality. They're not going to have three drummers. I like the band as-is. Metronome not needed wink

I'm really happy for Steven, but this image plays in my head of this situation and what it could turn into:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They continue to impress with these posters.....

1htp45.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Now if you think Matt, is not negative and a saint, then why hasn't he guested? Also, why has he not been involved in many projects with Slash / Duff post: Velvet Revolver?

Admittedly he isn't in Slash's solo band - but then the point of that was that VR couldn't agree on a direction and Slash needed a band where he could captain the ship - under that logic we'd have to say Slash and Duff have issues cos Duff doesn't play in Conspirators either.

However - if they have bad blood why do they play together so often? Slash has joined Kings of Chaos with duff and matt on multiple tours in 2013-2015 and Duff plays with Matt in Hollywood Vampires live shows frequently.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Wow. That poster Adler came out great. Complete left-field, looking happy as a clam, and killing it with those two songs. I'm impressed.

misterID wrote:

I'm really happy for Steven, but this image plays in my head of this situation and what it could turn into:

I dunno. Adler just got a huge chip off his shoulder, as he outlived Farm Aid, that pathetic Civil War session, and a lifetime of bad choices - all in one quick swoop. Here's hoping he keeps up with his sobriety and stays away from past enablers.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank is on average bar band level and is the weak spot of the band. It is obvious to everyone. It doesn't bother me, 1it is what it is.  Adler too is superior from pure chops.

Well, I have to say. OTGM sounded killer with Adler. The rhythm section was oozing with groove.

Imagine Adler on Coma - shoud be interesting.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What Frank does bring however is no drama... Seems like a great dude and puts off good vibes and that is worth something.

Add up dependable and knows the entire back catalogue. He knows this is his lifetime opportunity, has been for a decade.

TheSundanceKid wrote:

a minority of fans know / care about not even an original drummer in the band named: Matt Sorum.

Yup. Who'd really be pining for Sorum over Adler, seriously?

If it would come down to picking one over the other, it'd be Adler - provided he can keep it real.

Based on that Cincy show, he can. 9

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

apex-twin wrote:

Wow. That poster Adler came out great. Complete left-field, looking happy as a clam, and killing it with those two songs. I'm impressed.

misterID wrote:

I dunno. Adler just got a huge chip off his shoulder, as he outlived Farm Aid, that pathetic Civil War session, and a lifetime of bad choices - all in one quick swoop. Here's hoping he keeps up with his sobriety and stays away from past enablers.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Frank is on average bar band level and is the weak spot of the band. It is obvious to everyone. It doesn't bother me, 1it is what it is.  Adler too is superior from pure chops.

Well, I have to say. OTGM sounded killer with Adler. The rhythm section was oozing with groove.

Imagine Adler on Coma - shoud be interesting.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What Frank does bring however is no drama... Seems like a great dude and puts off good vibes and that is worth something.

Add up dependable and knows the entire back catalogue. He knows this is his lifetime opportunity, has been for a decade.

TheSundanceKid wrote:

a minority of fans know / care about not even an original drummer in the band named: Matt Sorum.

Yup. Who'd really be pining for Sorum over Adler, seriously?

If it would come down to picking one over the other, it'd be Adler - provided he can keep it real.

Based on that Cincy show, he can. :mosh:

Good post.

And agree with the Sorum thing.

I was shitting on Adler before, but, he looks really happy and content. I don't think he would have a big egotistical problem.

The thing is with Sorum, the dude gives off a bad vibe.

If he is such good pals with Slash and Duff and they're on incredibly great terms and they're buds and they fish and chat about their girl problems than he would be involved with this lineup.

He ain't and we have a reason for that.

I would be truly surprised if Sorum is involved on any level.

Board footer