You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 9/7/16 NISSAN STADIUM, NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES

AtariLegend wrote:

o.jpg

nissanrendition600-062515.jpg

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B005 … R_grid_709

Alot of sections, especially upper ones with unsold tickets and that's if you turn off resale.

SETLIST:

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Estranged
7. Live And Let Die
8. Rocket Queen
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Attitude (with "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" Intro)
11. This I Love
12. Civil War
13. Coma
14. Godfather Theme
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
16. Better
17. Out Ta Get Me (With Steven Adler on Drums)
18. My Michelle (With Steven Adler on Drums)
19. Wish You Were Here (Richard Fortus and Slash)
20. November Rain (with "Layla" Intro)
21. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
22. Nightrain
Encore:
23. Paitence (with "Waiting on a Friend" Intro)
24. The Seeker
25. Paradise City

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They are in a very unique situation. Too big for just a standard arena tour yet at the same time having some difficulties filling certain stadiums.

Promoters should be doing more to fill the remaining seats. A major Groupon campaign for the upper levels. Probably should've happened long before showtime. We live in an era where concert tickets in general are sky high so do a fire sale on nosebleeds and it'll move those tickets quickly. Scalpers are making all this shit worse. An artist can play a technically sold out show even though there are empty seats.

They are not the only artist/band having trouble on this issue. Def Leppard is having the same issue in sheds and supposedly Gwen Stefani's upcoming tour is only selling a few hundred tickets in some venues and they are having "4 tix for $40" sales in some areas.

James

James wrote:

One other thing......need more promo. I think they've done a great job handling things so far but it might be reaching the point where some members can hit the media circuit....Slash and Duff on some mainstream outlets and Dizzy, Fortus, and Frank hitting the online outlets and maybe even the forums. I also think its a missed opportunity not pushing Melissa to the moon. Other than Tracey and Roberta on backing vocals, its very unique for GNR to have a female member and Melissa is very marketable. Guys in general dig on chicks in bands and what bigger band in the world currently has a female member?

I get the mystery aura surrounding this tour.....surprises in store(we just witnessed one last night).....anything can happen....and it sure beats the Scooby Doo mystery act of the Chinese years but this lineup is firing on all cylinders so it should be given a push.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

There are a lot of seats left on this one...seems like even more than last week.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

One other thing......need more promo. I think they've done a great job handling things so far but it might be reaching the point where some members can hit the media circuit....Slash and Duff on some mainstream outlets and Dizzy, Fortus, and Frank hitting the online outlets and maybe even the forums. I also think its a missed opportunity not pushing Melissa to the moon. Other than Tracey and Roberta on backing vocals, its very unique for GNR to have a female member and Melissa is very marketable. Guys in general dig on chicks in bands and what bigger band in the world currently has a female member?

I get the mystery aura surrounding this tour.....surprises in store(we just witnessed one last night).....anything can happen....and it sure beats the Scooby Doo mystery act of the Chinese years but this lineup is firing on all cylinders so it should be given a push.

And I agree totally in regards to marketing.

Anything can happen! Who might show up? Guess who showed up last week?

Etc etc....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Adler playing tonight too!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Adler? Well, then those empty seats should fill up immediately then! 16

Feel terrible about missing this, but my mother had a gnarly accident recently so I'm having to take over her household and take care of my disabled father. I seriously hope this is just the first leg of an epic 3 year tour. I'm kicking myself.

AtariLegend wrote:

I won't be watching, but if you see any Periscope streams guys. Please post them here for the others.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Adler playing tonight too!!

Ok...now we know Cincy wasn't a one off...if he's not at some remaining shows, there's going to be some disappointed fans.  I know I'll be bummed if he doesn't show up in New Orleans.   Could even Izzy maybe show up...?

James

James wrote:

Unreal....

Board footer