You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 9/7/16 NISSAN STADIUM, NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES

monkeychow wrote:

What about the Slash shirts? wink

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What about the Slash shirts? wink

That was blown out of proportion. My memory is hazy but wasn't this something that was twisted by Madison?

Some of the incidents surrounding Slash were not on Axl....it was on those in his "posse" or whatever. The HOB incident the perfect example. Slash shows up in Vegas to head over there and see him but he was stopped at his hotel and told not to appear. They may have assumed Axl wanted nothing to do with him so that was there response to the situation. Very little is known about it.

If/when GNR start doing interviews and if they're willing to discuss some of the situations during the Chinese years, I hope this incident gets brought up.

There are some situations where Axl may have been pissed off....and rightfully so. I would imagine it would get annoying hearing the Slash chants which peaked in 2002. I don't think his response to it(the rants) helped the situation but that's beside the point.

AtariLegend wrote:

Other than the RIR 2001 incident during It's So Easy, alot of the allegations in the mid 2000's were nonsense. I honestly think the RIR thing was a stunt. There have been plenty of people in Slash shirts/hats at shows wearing them despite allegations people were kicked out of every show for wearing them.

Speaking of silly allegations, anyone remember what the thread Axl jumped into when he appeared on MYGNR in 08 was all about? I'm sure people have been kicked out of shows for reasons, but alot of the forum rumors were complete nonsense. People make stuff up, especially on these forums.

378763_2470028157429_1454117788_32714159_2058886725_n.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Speaking of silly allegations, anyone remember what the thread Axl jumped into when he appeared on MYGNR in 08 was all about? I'm sure people have been kicked out of shows for reasons, but alot of the forum rumors were complete nonsense. People make stuff up, especially on these forums.

Don't remember what it was about but it had something to do with madison shoveling another load of horse shit on him. I thought he crossed a certain line with his post aimed at her but agreed with him on principle. Madison was out of control. He should've done that to her when she started censoring all Buckethead discussion in the main GNR section in 2008. That is still the most asinine stance ever taken in the history of GNR forums. You could talk about Chinese Democracy, the band, songs, solos, etc. but cant mention Buckethead or anything he did on the leaks or in concerts....but you could suck Finck's cock if you wanted to since madison loved him! She banned tons of people(including very active members) for talking about Bucket's contributions to the demos. It was an outrage. Many sites have certain agendas(always have, always will) but she was off the rails on a crazy train. Even after Axl made that positive comment towards Bucket(the Dr Pepper thing) and it had been confirmed he would be on the album, she still kept it going.

Ridiculous.

Yes....a lot of things back then originated in the minds of various forum members. Still goes on to this day obviously. I've always had a great bullshit detector. It came in handy over the years.

edit: That's not meant as anything derogatory towards Finck or his fans. Just used that as an example to make my point....and also because its true.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Nothing like pissing in the wind.

i would love to be like you mate. eat what was fed me & never ask for seconds. content as a pig in shit.
unfortunately i was born with a brain and the capacity for critical thought. it's a burden. count yourself lucky.

Ah, come on now,  maybe you're a little backed up, and your critical thought is constipated with your made up argument that just showed up out of nowhere. It's like wanting Adler, nothing wrong with it, no one is wrong, no one is wrong about wanting Izzy, but arguing over something that's not happening that's suddenly an issue for you... is like pissing in the wind. Nothing is being fed to me, I like the line up, but hey, someone on the internet is angry, so it must be a big deal.

Fortus%20amp%20Izzy.jpg

johndivney wrote:

I see the Fortus daisychain is still going strong.. Getting sloppy by now. Just the way they like it..

AtariLegend wrote:

Other than the RIR 2001 incident during It's So Easy, alot of the allegations in the mid 2000's were nonsense. I honestly think the RIR thing was a stunt. There have been plenty of people in Slash shirts/hats at shows wearing them despite allegations people were kicked out of every show for wearing them.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pfPMD … 6725_n.jpg

That guys away in the nosebleeds axl couldn't see him from the stage.

Are they still allegations if they actually happened?

I totally believe it's possible Axl had a word with the handlers and had the sign removed. It's not that big a leap is it?! The slightest provocation can set him on edge. Hell the slightest provocation can set some of you on edge..

It's a bigger leap to give him the benefit of the doubt which a lot of you are in a rush to do, given there is recorded history of similar events.. I bet he did it.. wink

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I tend to see John's point on that....

If it wasn't Axl personally who ordered it then  it was surely likely to be someone from team brazil who thinks they're doing the right thing. But not like the venue decides to suddenly care about an izzy sign.

No way the one on Rock In Rio was a stunt either IMO.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Don't remember what it was about but it had something to do with madison shoveling another load of horse shit on him. I thought he crossed a certain line with his post aimed at her

I disagree.

Axl cemented himself as one of my favorite people of all time for that post. I don't have any sympathy for power-loving bullies who insult and berate other people and don't change their ways after they're called out on their shit. Zero. None. Nada. I signed up for MyGNR in 2002 after getting into GNR and quickly stopped posting because of her and people like her.

IIRC she was trying to play insider at the Slash t-shirt scenario like she had special knowledge from management and Axl's post was letting everyone know she was full of shit and generally not highly regarded.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

The girl whose  sign was taken has identified Fernando:

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-13/gun … ign-claims

AtariLegend wrote:

Call me a cynic, but that just convinces me even more it's a forum nerd thing. Yep their are some females on these sites too... *scary* I know 18.

Board footer