You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: 9/7/16 NISSAN STADIUM, NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES

"...this might be our only new release for a while."

Well, he wasn't wrong.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Under no circumstances would a post UYI lineup featuring the 'big 3' have went that long without an album. For starters, they would have had zero resistance from the label. Once an album is handed in, album gets released.

Ahh but the label still wouldn't like a GnR album that didn't sound like Guns N' Roses.

Yup. I bet even IFOCS as a whole would've been "too Southern Rock" for Geffen as a Guns album, while it's a proper Slash solo album. The same argument could, arguably, be applied to Axl and CD. Take three best songs of both (Better, TWAT, Beggars...) and you have the spine for a good Guns album.

In retrospect, a good move for Axl could've been to collaborate with DJ Shadow or someone like that. Familiarize with the workflow, get the creative aspirations out of your system, release it and come back to Guns rejuvenated.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck me this is amazing. I mean, this is pretty much the AFD sound. Since Fortus is nailing Izzy for the most part and it isn't as distinct as Adler this is it. I mean, it is fucking amazing. Great video and audio.

Except Axl doesn't sound like Mickey Mouse on Appetite. tongue

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just feel that was the beginning of the rot.

Oh the seeds had definitely been planted. Its eerie actually. I don't remember if its in CD Whispers or if we just discussed it but there are quotes from 94-95(mainly from Gilby) that are a Chinese red flag waving. Then factor that in with Sorum/Duff quotes later on and its disingenuous updates, nobody knows what's going on and then a week later an album's ready, back to nothing, etc.

It just hadn't reached the insane levels that the CD project would reach. Nobody saw that coming. Remember, the fan base had endured some craziness during the wait for UYI.

What are they doing? Redoing the UYI tour down to godfather and attitude.

Yeah its surreal. They picked up where they left off in 1994.

"Zutaut arranged the whole thing and it was a great idea: it's an amazing, classic song, the movie was going to be huge, theoretically, it would get us all in the same room working again, and it would give the public "product" to tide them over. We weren't touring The Spaghetti Incident and we had no plans to start writing a new album, so Tom was being practical - this might be our only new release for a while." (Slash, Autobiography)

Just great.....another stop gap measure.....immediately after the last stop gap measure. Its a good cover but ill timed.

elevendayempire wrote:

"...this might be our only new release for a while."

Well, he wasn't wrong.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Seems like his handlers/Lebies' are still trying to stage manage every aspect of Axl's surroundings judging by this:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 … &source=48

t6ulus.png

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

In fairness Axl saw it and commented on it... So move on and let it go. I want Izzy too but after Axl saw it, it serves not purpose. The girl holding it was cute.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

YeaH I read he commented on it which was cool. 

If I was Axl's crew I would have just let it go tho, no good can come from their actions, particularly given that it didn't seem like Axl cared.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Aussie wrote:

YeaH I read he commented on it which was cool. 

If I was Axl's crew I would have just let it go tho, no good can come from their actions, particularly given that it didn't seem like Axl cared.

I agree!

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Great to see Adler continuing to guest on songs each gig.  It looks like it's going to continue to happen for the rest of the US tour?

I wonder if that's a test, then depending on how that goes maybe he gets to do a few more gigs & /or songs?

Board footer