You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 9/7/16 NISSAN STADIUM, NASHVILLE, TN UNITED STATES

AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt Axl went backstage and told security to get the Izzy sign.

Izzy's been almost every tour with whatever line-up, including the last set of shows in 2014. I have difficulty believing Axl thought that much of it.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Great to see Adler continuing to guest on songs each gig.  It looks like it's going to continue to happen for the rest of the US tour?

I wonder if that's a test, then depending on how that goes maybe he gets to do a few more gigs & /or songs?

That's what I'm hoping.  It'll suck if Adler isn't at the New Orleans show.  I read where he got on a plane back to CA after Nashville...not sure what that means.  Seems his two appearances went very well...now fans are going to be disappointed if he doesn't at least make an appearance.  They had to know that beforehand.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I doubt Axl went backstage and told security to get the Izzy sign.

Izzy's been almost every tour with whatever line-up, including the last set of shows in 2014. I have difficulty believing Axl thought that much of it.

I agree I think he probably thought nothing more about it after he made the comment.  I don't think for a second he went backstage and told security to act on it.

Not sure why his people don't take a similar attitude tho??.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just got inside info from my femal friend that hung out with the band in their hotel prior to the show... Here is what she told me

1)Axl was at a country singer's house so she didn't meet

2) Izzy was at hotel and I think sound check. She said he seemed annoyed and grumpy. Says they want him to play but was in a shit mood and wasn't playing. He seemed annoyed with Adler.

3) Melissa and Frank are buddies and have taken to Adler

4) Slash is the big brother and loves Alder being there and looks out for him. She liked Slash eventhough he wouldn't let his hair down for a pic. Was very nice and seemed to care about everyone in the band.

5) She talked to Duff for a while and he told her all the stuff we know and she was impressed with how professional he was and can tell he is a business man. Duff told her how close he and Slash were to death and how he went to school and learned about business etc. Says he is the one watching the money etc

6) She liked Melissa a lot. Said she had a great personality and said Frank is so nice and accessible. Like a real cool dude.

7) She said the band is so much better today than in their glory days of drugs and booze (her opinion). She was so blown away by live Slash (we all are)

8) She said Izzy only seemed to care about Duff and didn't really talk to anyone else. 

9) She met Richard too, I asked to make sure she wasn't confused. Richard was cool but didn't get to talk to him as much as the others.

The big news, IZZY IS IN THE MIX... I think he will warm up to playing soon enough.

My friend is a casual. Not hard core like us.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Awesome hopefully only a matter of time before Izzy plays with them

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I really hope Axl isn't blamed for taking the Izzy sign just like the Slash shirt fiasco of the Chinese years. Its clearly not his fault ot his comments onstage would have likely been harsh.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I really hope Axl isn't blamed for taking the Izzy sign just like she Slash shirt fiasco of the Chinese years. Its clearloy noy his fault ot his comments onstage would have likely been harsh.

I just posted above Izzy was at the show and you bitch about the sign. Why do you think Axl said "haha good question" in the video I posted about the sign??? CAUSE IZZY WAS THERE!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah I've seen the video but I think you're forgetting how GNR fans can take one sentence from Axl, analyze it to death, and take it out of context.

Whether Izzy is in Nashville or Timbuktu has nothing to do with security going after the sign.

I didn't bitch about the sign.....just brought up a similar incident in the Chinese years which fans also went overboard on.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Seems like his handlers/Lebies' are still trying to stage manage every aspect of Axl's surroundings judging by this:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 … &source=48

http://i68.tinypic.com/t6ulus.png

Pretty lame if you ask me.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah I've seen the video but I think you're forgetting how GNR fans can take one sentence from Axl, analyze it to death, and take it out of context.

Whether Izzy is in Nashville or Timbuktu has nothing to do with security going after the sign.

I didn't bitch about the sign.....just brought up a similar incident in the Chinese years which fans also went overboard on.

I know just busting balls. Probably has to do with blocking view of others even if between songs.

Board footer