You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Official band pic

I still remember half of you saying Bucket/Ron/DJ/Finck was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Has James gone back and deleted any post before 2016 yet.  16

That being said, I have nothing against their contributions and think Robin was a great addition to the band.  Better is an awesome song and kudos to them for putting up with all the BS for over a decade in some cases.  But I'm glad to have Slash back.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I still remember half of you saying Bucket/Ron/DJ/Finck was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Has James gone back and deleted any post before 2016 yet.  16

That being said, I have nothing against their contributions and think Robin was a great addition to the band.  Better is an awesome song and kudos to them for putting up with all the BS for over a decade in some cases.  But I'm glad to have Slash back.

I think this has always been a huge misunderstanding. all those guys did their best, just for some reason they never got a proper chance to shine. I really liked every single guy that ever got a part of the band. but in the end, all that matters is - releasing fresh stuff. nothing has been done for 8 years, so we'll see yet. altough yeah, now it seems something could really happen. maybe.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's nice to have the band back to Axl and Slash as their chemistry is one of those unique creatures - like Joe/Steven, like Keith/Mick, it's one of those special things you can't really duplicate and it's what made the band in the first place.

That said, I feel for guys like Bucket and Bumble who are absolutely phenomenal guitarists but never really got a proper shot to demonstrate how they might shine in the Slash role due to the imposition of the 3 guitar policy. Add to that whatever the business and psychological issues are that prevent the release of new material and cause GNR to be unable to function like it's peers and you have a real lost opportunity.

Nothing was going to recapture the lightening in a bottle of the old band, however, in an alternate world the new band could have been a fulfilling and creative solo endevour for Axl - much like how some of Ozzy's most memorable things happened outside of Black Sabbath. It's a shame - however of course it's nice to have the magic back now.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. GREAT sign. The fact they would even do this speaks volumes. The lineup is rock solid and they're letting the world know it.

Nice touch not placing Melissa in the background which they so easily could've done. She is right up front with the big enchiladas.

They should've put her at the back. She's useless up there. I see her dancing around flopping her stupid blue hair playing keyboard parts I can't hear, for songs that don't need keyboards.

Yep, I'm not a fan of hers

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. GREAT sign. The fact they would even do this speaks volumes. The lineup is rock solid and they're letting the world know it.

Nice touch not placing Melissa in the background which they so easily could've done. She is right up front with the big enchiladas.

They should've put her at the back. She's useless up there. I see her dancing around flopping her stupid blue hair playing keyboard parts I can't hear, for songs that don't need keyboards.

Yep, I'm not a fan of hers

Yea, I don't understand what she brings to the band either.  I don't mind her backing vocals, but she sings the interlude to Better with this stupid grin on her face while Duff is handling it like a pro.  Nothing against her, I just don't see what she brings other than a pretty face.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

2001-2002 incamations were my favourite lineups of " New Guns N`Roses ". Each new, subsequent iteration was a derivative and inferior version of what could have been, would have been and should have been a definite " New Guns` " with Bucket and Brain.

johndivney wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious why Melessa is given a prominent place in the pic..

Axl looks ghastly. Looked much better in the older pic.
Frank looks like he's photobombing. Fortus looks like a tranny.
I do love the insignificance of Mother Goose in the older one and Diz I this new one.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm happy with Slash back in GNR.

But this is in my mind not even an argument;

Slash's work the past decades vs Ashbas work with Sixx:Am?

Ashba any day.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

yes, but it's really tricky to compare these two (or any two guitarists who ever happened to be GNR members). in this particular case, I agree because I consider Slash's solo stuff (that is post-VR) absolutely terrible, while I quite like Sixx:AM, especially the first album. but on the other hand, there's stuff like Snakepit or VR, which is above Sixx:AM. and then there's the first Beautiful Creatures album, which I adore. really difficult comparison, and that's only these two guys.
I'd just say - be happy for whoever is in the band now, if it means something new and hopefully some release. no bad blood against anyone.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

are you guys comparing the songs as a whole or just the guitar leads?

ashba has to resort to single finger tremolo picking when he decides to add climax to his solos but is a good writer. hard to compare the two because they have different strengths. same goes for comparing axl and slash after breakup and comparing cd with vr in order to do so. axl doesnt play guitar/slash doesnt sing. axl shines on cd and slash on some vr and solo stuff. slash shined on some spaghetti and snakepit too but you need more than the one in rockn roll to be the best.

six am is slightly different music. my 6 yera old could play some of their stuff but it still appeals to that kind of listener.

Board footer