You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Guns N' Roses MTV Moonman Award for Sweet Child O' Mine For Sale

Aussie wrote:

Ok, shameless self promotion here although it is GNR related.  I have thrown up my MTV Moonman for sale on eBay.  I will see if I can get a "reunion" price for it.

Kinda sad to let him go, but will if I can get a price too good to refuse.  It's in the ballpark for previous sales.  You don't see these come up for sale very often.  Yes it's stupid money for what it is!!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262542097771 … 1555.l2649

15nmyrd.jpg
2who8c1.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Wow I didn't think I'd ever see u consider selling this at any price

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I'll miss it a bit, but would just rather put the money to better use, do stuff for the family with the funds etc. That said it may not get close to what previous ones have so I might still keep it yet.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know that I could ever get rid of it if I had it, but I would never pay that much (in US dollars at least) to get it.  It's cool and all, but like you I could do so many other things with that kind of cash.  Good luck!  I hope you find a taker.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Man, the Michael Jackson Thriller moonman was estimated at 8-10 thousand. The bidding went to 50 thousand. But that had Michael's name on it. Good luck though.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Who are the stravinski brothers?  How many of these were handed out for the award that year?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Who are the stravinski brothers?  How many of these were handed out for the award that year?

I believe Alan Niven's management company was called stravinski brothers.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Stravinski was The name of Nivens management company. The only people that got a moonman are the 5 band members and the manager. Unlike a gold record where every man and his dog can get one.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

How did you come to possess this? Is there a story behind it?

Board footer