You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Axl and Buckethead/Robin?

misterID wrote:

Agree with Wagzilla, Axl went out of his way to say he has the recordings where he wants them and he's still a big fan of the old "new" line up. Slash will probably be on some songs, but so will Bucket, IMO.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is the best year in GNR history and we have people begging for Robin, Tommy, and Bucket to be back. I don't know weather to laugh or cry.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Agree with Wagzilla, Axl went out of his way to say he has the recordings where he wants them and he's still a big fan of the old "new" line up. Slash will probably be on some songs, but so will Bucket, IMO.

If he is really moving forward, erase Bucket's parts and let Slash put his ideas down since Slash and Fortus will be playing them. Or Fortus can play the bucket parts and if so, let Fortus re-record. To release shit from the old new band while you have this killer lineup would be very silly.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No.

Thxkbye

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is the best year in GNR history and we have people begging for Robin, Tommy, and Bucket to be back. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I think I'm laughing so hard it's bringing me to tears. Besides the band dropping some new music, I don't see how it could be any better time to be a GN'R fan right now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it comes down to the need to drop more music.

We either need a reunion album, or we need CD2 as it was, or CD2 altered by the reunion lineup, or hell, CD1 altered by the reunion line up.

The live show kicks fucking ass but I feel without new music of some variety it's hard to really feel like you're a fan of something moving forward rather than just reliving the hey-day - and god knows I love the hey-day - and I'm looking forward to these shows - but still....even a single or something would make this feel like its a return to form and there's a band.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The live show kicks fucking ass but I feel without new music of some variety it's hard to really feel like you're a fan of something moving forward rather than just reliving the hey-day

Yes, this is my feeling.

I'm happy to pad Axl's retirement fund but in a just world, the band would be recording and learning material while Axl is out with AC/DC and prep a release just before Christmas. The timing isn't ideal and the politics of the thing is a Gordian knot but Axl should pull an Alexander and cut through that thing.

I get people are excited and are having a blast but heaven forbid fans talk about fan things and new music. Gasp! Shock! Stone him immediately.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of removing Bucket either. For a few songs like they did with Ron? Its fine. Completely removing all his contributions? If its the ONLY way it would get a release, I'd have to support it but then you'd always wonder how it would've sounded originally.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I`m for erasing Buckethead`s parts because a) he left 12 years ago and b) it will be an absolute mess if Slash`s solos are pasted on top of Bucket`s. No need to bury songs beneath ten guitars. Cohesiveness is necessary.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I`m for erasing Buckethead`s parts because a) he left 12 years ago and b) it will be an absolute mess if Slash`s solos are pasted on top of Bucket`s. No need to bury songs beneath ten guitars. Cohesiveness is necessary.

This makes a lot of sense.

I think the major problem on CD was the lack of a cohesive guitar sounds.

When you listen to the stems from rockband its so jumbled. It was an interesting experiment to fuse so many things - but in the end I think the live versions came off better as it's more cohesive with a band - and I think they would have been even more so if you'd had one guitarist like Bumble or Bucket doing all the solos.

I figure they could always release some buckethead demos on a Deluxe Edition or B side or something...but at this point I think they should get the strongest of Axl's songs and add Slash, then get some of Slash's GNR style riffs and get Axl to do his Ac/Dc rasp over the top - wrap it up and release it as a new GNR record.

Board footer