You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: On this day in 1988...

misterID wrote:

The Nightrain live blows the album version away. Never thought it was on the level of better songs on the album. It sounds like a song where they were learning how to write a song. Very Aerosmith and AC/DC feel.

Your favorite song from Appetite for Destruction

Welcome to the Jungle 14%
It's So Easy 14%
Nightrain 26%
Out Ta Get Me 0%
Mr. Brownstone 6%
Paradise City 6%
My Michelle 0%
Think About You 0%
Sweet Child O Mine 17%
You're Crazy 0%
Anything Goes 0%
Rocket Queen 17%
Total votes: 35
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I ended up voting brownstone because that was my favourite song during my whole teens basically.

However, I also have a VERY soft-spot for PC, Jungle and Nightrain

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nightrain is winning.

Well knock me over with a feather.....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Appetite is 5th on my ranking of GnR albums.  I prefer TSI to it, but mostly because that album is a blast to play along to on guitar for a hack like me.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I have a hard time picking favorites... if I'd never seen GNR before, I'd never turn down Jungle or Paradise, etc. but I chose Nightrain because it's been my anthem for well over a decade now.

I'm a little surprised at the odd person talking a bit of smack on the album, I think it's unfair, though. It's gotta be burnout or just getting deeper into the tracks. I can't really believe people who love GNR don't love Appetite.

I went through a time when I listened to too much GNR, it was right before I saw them in January of 2010. I remember being down because I thought the show would suck as I was tired of the songs... boy was I fucking wrong! To be fair, though, it was basically the first real arena rock show with pyro, huge screens, etc. I'd ever seen, it knocked me off my ass. I saw Weird Al at a fair once and Nazareth at an outdoor show, but that's not exactly the same. Since the Nazareth show, I have been addicted to concerts and the GNR cemented it.

January 22, 2010, I hadn't really seen a concert. By January 30ish, I'd seen Sebastian Bach open for GNR and then Airbourne and Joe Perry open for Motley Crue. That was a really great fucking week in my life.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Its so easy. Just because of the look on my mums face when I played it to her in the car when I was 15 back in 1990. I used to play it on my stereo in my room, and just have it on real quiet, then blast "why don't you just....." At my parents downstairs.

Such a baddass track, oozes filth & sleeze, yeah!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

One song is a tough choice but SCOM is my favorite song of all time ... so yea

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I picked a song that's not about drinking or drugs. It's a song about a walk in the park. This is a song called Nightrain.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

the whole album is perfect sans anything goes and you're crazy
i picked nightrain

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I seriously don't get Night rain. It's all a matter of taste, but it's one of the more pedestrian songs on the album. The live version is a whole other beast.

Board footer