You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: On this day in 1988...

James wrote:

3356.jpg

Went to #1 on the charts. I remember this well as I was already a fan. In every mag it was mentioned and I loved seeing the album cover in that #1 spot in the back pages of Rolling Stone where they listed the top 50 albums.

I added a poll to pick your favorite song from this timeless, iconic, album.

It's So Easy for me. When coming home from the mall to listen to the whole album(had only heard JUngle at that point), almost creamed my pants when hearing It's So Easy.

Your favorite song from Appetite for Destruction

Welcome to the Jungle 14%
It's So Easy 14%
Nightrain 26%
Out Ta Get Me 0%
Mr. Brownstone 6%
Paradise City 6%
My Michelle 0%
Think About You 0%
Sweet Child O Mine 17%
You're Crazy 0%
Anything Goes 0%
Rocket Queen 17%
Total votes: 35
BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I went with Nightrain. The 16 year in me wanted to say OTGM. It's So Easy was close but nothing gets the blood flowing like Nightrain.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Not fair. ONE SONG? Fuck. Paradise City Nightrain and Rocket Queen are the mandatory 3 for me. I guess PC

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The video for paradise city got me hooked.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sweet Child O' Mine, don't care how played out it is. I knew this band was different the moment I saw that video. It's a PERFECT song, as is Jungle.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

SCOM is fucking perfect. As is Nightrain, Jungle, RQ etc. fuck. What a badass album.

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:

There's absolutely no "filler" on this album...I guess You're Crazy comes closest to "filler" for me...and it's not.  Just an awesome album from beginning to end.

Sweet Child is my all-time favorite song, period, so I went with it...here's how I'd rank all 12 tracks.

12.  You're Crazy
11.  Anything Goes
10.  Mr. Brownstone
  9.  My Michelle
  8.  It's So Easy
  7.  Out to Get Me
  6.  Paradise City
  5.  Think About You
  4.  Welcome to the Jungle
  3.  Nightrain
  2.  Rocket Queen
  1.  Sweet Child 'O Mine

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I voted for Rocket Queen. This one song sums up everything legendary about Appetite. You have the Guns with kickass dirty rock and roll, including the trademark GN'R "groove" led by Steven Adler. You have the Roses with arguably Axl's most emotional lyrics/vocals ever at the end of this song:

I see you standin'
Standin' on your own
It's such a lonely place for you
For you to be
If you need a shoulder
Or if you need a friend
I'll be here standing
Until the bitter end
No one needs the sorrow
No one needs the pain
I hate to see you
Walking out there
Out in the rain
So don't chastise me
Or think I, I mean you harm
Of those that take you
Leave you strung out
Much too far
Baby-yeah

Don't ever leave me
Say you'll always be there
All I ever wanted
Was for you
To know that I care

It even has the actual sex sounds in the middle of the song, which just makes the song and the album even more iconic than it already is. In my opinion Rocket Queen is the greatest album ender song in rock history. The flip side is that Jungle is probably the greatest album opener in rock history as well.

You can't really go wrong choosing any of these songs. There are about 8 of them that are undeniable monster classics in the genre (Jungle, Easy, Train, Brownstone, Paradise, Michelle, Child, and Queen). Brownstone is straight up my own personal anthem. Never done any kind of drugs, but the lyrics about struggling to get out of bed. Yep, that's me. I am not a morning person at all, so those lyrics are spot on for me. Plus the groove of that song is amazing.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Good album for it`s time but overrated as shit Nighrain, Brownstone, SCOM and RQ are songs I would call " great", Jungle, Easy and PC are catchy, the rest ranges from mediocre to completely forgettable.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I went Jungle.

I was really hoping Chinese Democracy would be a lot like the Jungle music video, which made me a fan.

So basically Civil War. With industrial synth. tongue

Board footer