You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl and the Haunted Piano at Houston

apex-twin wrote:

The grand piano surprises Axl during November Rain by offering up additional high notes.

"I don't mind ghosts or gremlins, but they should probably learn the fuckin' song!"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

He took it pretty well - stuff like that must be frustrating as a performer as it can make it look like you're not playing it right.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah he handled that perfectly. He really seems to have matured and another factor is he's probably enjoying this tour more than any of the previous tours.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Pitman sabotaging shit. I knew he'd be back for revenge.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if its maturity or medication TBH but it seems to work for him.

johndivney wrote:

Medication.
It's certainly working well for his bank balance. In terms of performance & behaviour you're seeing a shadow, a diluted facsimile of the man. The ghost of a man.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

You sure? Really, I'm genuinely curious as to how you reached that conclusion.

The 2012 interview with Jimmy Kimmel saw him slur and generally run on a low gear. If ever he was on medication to cool his nerves, I'd say it was that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4nN0Ua6eI

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm not buying that. I mean he could be on meds but it's not coming across that way to me. Consider Axl of 06, biting guards and fighting fashion designers, or perhaps 09-14 punching paps, fluctuating weight, phoned in performances, festival cancellations via twitter. Then compare that with Axl of 16 fronting a reunited GNR to stadiums, fronting AC/DC and sounding his best for at least a decade.

It's not the latter that's needing meds if you ask me and if you say the Axl of 16 is the result of meds then they're clearly fucking miracle pills and he should have been on them years ago.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Part of what made him so aggressive in the first place was surely the 'last man standing' syndrome. Now that's settled and he's also got AC/DC going for him - he surely knows by now that he's on his biggest hey-day since 2001. One'd think that would placate him and push him to work for it.

Board footer