You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Metallica new song 'Hardwired', new album Nov. 18th

johndivney wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu … story.html

Kirk makes a comment about how GnR have "turned into somewhat of a nostalgia act, which to me is kind of sad".

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Furbush wrote:

The album leaked today. Good stuff. Some meh stuff and Spit Out The Bone. The song that every track on Death Magnetic wishes it was. Holy fucking HELL. That track could hang with ANY of the pre Black Album stuff. ANY of it.

Word is born.

Spit Out The Bone is good, but I don't think it's as good as people are proclaiming. It still sounds like modern Metallica trying to recapture old Metallica. Not a bad thing, but people saying it's up there with the likes of Battery and Dyers Eve are stretching the truth a bit...

That said, it's still got some really nice riffing and even some really good drum parts here and there as well.

I've yet to hear the rest of the album, as I'm waiting to get the album on Friday. It's nice to get some surprises when you first pop a CD in to listen for the first time, and I'm sure I'll give a review of the rest after a few spins.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Just heard Dream No More, and what a gloriously slow heavy epic number that one is, in the vein of Sad But True.

Was hoping for some more slow heavy epic ones like this ever since No Leaf Clover and Minus Human. Modern Metallica are so good at this style!

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Been listening to Dream No More on repeat all the way to work. So damn awesome. "Cthulhu Awaken!!!"

Nice nod to Thing That Should Not Be and Call of Cthulhu

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Kick ass tune Metallex.

johndivney wrote:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha badass. That is very cool. Uncle Axl would never do that. Ha

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

This album is one of the worst piles of shit I have heard in a long time if not the worst. Metallica should hang it up and save their legacy.

There comes a time when washed-up bands and artists should stop recording just because they can, does n`t mean they should. Shitallica is a prime example.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Ragnar wrote:

This album is one of the worst piles of shit I have heard in a long time if not the worst. Metallica should hang it up and save their legacy.

There comes a time when washed-up bands and artists should stop recording just because they can, does n`t mean they should. Shitallica is a prime example.

Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite metallica album and have you ever gone to a live show.  The reviews I have heard say the opposite of what you're saying.  My vinyl shows up tomorrow, so I am waiting to roll one and listen to it.  I like 2/3 songs they released before this week.  So I'm hoping I enjoy the rest tomorrow.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I disagree thoroughly. This album sounds like the embracing all of their eras and styles and mashing up the best of them all.
I'm highly impressed and I'm really enjoying it

Board footer