You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns w/ Adler, Dodgers Stadium, LA - 08/19/16

apex-twin wrote:

Adler's big game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqjuFBmn1A

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is great. I love seeing him up there... Six songs, NO FUCKUPS. WAY TO GO STEVEN!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Hmm I wonder why they couldn't get him doing all the AFD tracks?  If they wanted to test him out it seems like he has passed with flying colours so far.

Or maybe he might get a full gig after they have flogged this tour into the ground and look to double dip by doing another with the original 5 lineup.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

This is a nice moment for Steven and the fans.

This is the last lineup of Guns N' Roses.

I suppose an Izzy guest appearance once or twice is possible but I really doubt it.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I know an AFD reunion is a good idea in theory... but it seems like an idea that would apply to a more washed up band to celebrate an album. I mean, they already play everything good off AFD right now, Izzy in the mix would be great, but you still have an issue on drums for the UYI shit, so it's still kind of a gong show.

I think the regular fans just want to see the best GNR show they can get, the reunited lineup is still new, to like, have one album (as great as AFD was) dictate the whole show when it's already and always has been heavy in the set list.

Apollo
 Rep: 1 

Apollo wrote:

I don't think the casual fan really cares that much. They mainly want to see Axl and Slash together again. Duff is the third most recognizable member - so that's an extra bonus for most.  Only us die-hards really care that much about Izzy/Adler.

Most of the whining and moaning I see on music forums are by people who wouldn't go to a GnR show no matter who was involved. "It isn't GnR without Izzy!!!!" - says random poster who wouldn't by a ticket if Izzy was touring with GnR.

It's cool that Adler is making some guest appearances.  Would be nice if Izzy, Gilby and Sorum all showed up at least once.

Would love to see a new album from this band.  I really think Axl should have released CD2 and did a small tour with the nu-GnR line up so they could get one last big paycheck.  Then a classic line-up reunion (including Izzy/Adler) comes back in 2017 with a new album and reunion world wide tour.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's really absurd having adler sitting out the back listening to the songs he wrote the drum parts for being performed by frank.

It's great he comes out for a handful of songs, but at this stage, there's no reason that he shouldn't drum every single AFD track they perform.

Frank can remain in the group and play the CD, and UYI tracks. This also allows for a back up should adler's health or sobriety falter.

However the default at this point should be adler for AFD. This guest on a song or two thing is nonsense.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It's also a shame that he gets to play on the weaker AFD tracks and not any of what I consider are the better tracks. I would love to hear his swing and groove on songs like PC and Jungle etc.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'd love to hear Adler take on Rocket Queen.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I`ve been known for my staunch anti-Steven stance but I have to admit they sound so much better with him behind the kit.

Board footer