You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns w/ Adler, Dodgers Stadium, LA - 08/19/16

monkeychow wrote:

I'm hopeful GNR could become vital again.

The smoke and daggers aside we know Axl has works which are untouched, and Slash has been pumping out Albums last few years - he's still creative.

Songs like Anastasia and Wicked Stone would be worthy of GNR with Axl lyrics.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I think GNR could play big hockey arenas and the like all over the world with Axl and Slash at the helm and as much as new music means nothing in today's day and age, they're both capable of it (Axl is... Axl). I think if Axl is insisting on playing CD shit to people who have never heard it, he's got to want to release more albums inside somewhere, and nothing could be easier for him than to have Duff & Slash tinker some with his old works. I still would prefer actual new songs from an actual reunited lineup. That could take a while knowing Axl, so.

I don't think GNR is washed up, I think their name as a whole is very solid, especially when ticket prices drop to respectable levels on further "normal" tours. Christ, I paid $100ish Canadian for third row at AC/DC, to compare.

AC/DC's new albums always hit the radio well, hell, you even hear stuff like Airbourne on regular rock radio. If GNR ever comes out with a new album with Slash & Axl... that shit will get airplay for sure. I'm not sure if it'll take over the world, but it will do well if they use the internet to their advantage like every other act. AC/DC's Rock or Bust video has 21 million official views on Youtube... music videos are still relevant.

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is great. I love seeing him up there... Six songs, NO FUCKUPS. WAY TO GO STEVEN!

Sorry if I'm slow but what songs did Steven play on other than my Michelle and OTGM?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think he means the same 2 songs successfully 3 times each.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Niterain wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is great. I love seeing him up there... Six songs, NO FUCKUPS. WAY TO GO STEVEN!

Sorry if I'm slow but what songs did Steven play on other than my Michelle and OTGM?

He's saying he has played six songs total on the tour over his three appearances. All OTGM and My Michelle.

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

Aha! tongue

Board footer