You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: San Diego

Ragnar wrote:

Holy fucking shit, this is fanfuckingtastic. This is Axl fucking Rose. Where the fuck has he been for the last 6 years.

I`m not a big AC/DC fan at all but right now I`m more excited about what Axl/DC has in store than about Guns`. AC/DC has n`t been this good since Bon passed away. Angus is energised like never before. He apparently intends to continue and I think Axl landed a permanent gig. I say bring on Axl/DC album as soon as possible.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Holy fucking shit, this is fanfuckingtastic. This is Axl fucking Rose. Where the fuck has he been for the last 6 years.

I`m not a big AC/DC fan at all but right now I`m more excited about what Axl/DC has in store than about Guns`. AC/DC has n`t been this good since Bon passed away. Angus is energised like never before. He apparently intends to continue and I think Axl landed a permanent gig. I say bring on Axl/DC album as soon as possible.

I am fine with an AXL/DC album but I still want new music with Slash/Axl/Duff. He sings AC/DC like a boss.

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I am fine with an AXL/DC album but I still want new music with Slash/Axl/Duff. He sings AC/DC like a boss.

I want music from Guns` as well but Axl/DC seems far more realistic at this point.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I want music from Guns` as well but Axl/DC seems far more realistic at this point.

I agree with that.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

The cool thing is Axl/DC can just have Angus writing songs like he always has, or they could let Axl loose with the lyrics if he so chooses and he could bring the tone of the band back down to the Bon days. There literally are no naysayers, the stadiums are packed and the shows rocked... it'd be ridiculous for Angus to can AC/DC when Axl obviously wants on board in the worst of ways.

Axl, Bon & Brian are my favorite singers, so I'm in heaven here. I'd never want Brian to step aside if he didn't have to, but in my heart, I know Axl singing would produce a much better AC/DC album than with Brian and he kills the old tracks live. That's pretty exciting. The only worry is just how long AC/DC is gonna go between albums. The Rock or Bust World Tour was significantly shorter than other tours they did, perhaps they are gonna churn out another album faster than before, especially since a lot of these were unreleased material of Malcolm's.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I'd love either...which will come first is a coin toss...

Ac/Dc seems easier as Angus can write it thus avoiding Axl's writing/producting stress. (Hell Axl did covers for Baz in a matter of hours in the studio). Then again post the Rock or Bust cycle it would be normal for ac/dc to go silent and retool for 3-4 years before the next album.

GNR on the other hand has somewhere along the lines of 2 albums that Slash and Duff could work up within a week, not including anything new they might come up with on the road.

At this stage I'd be surprised if GNR doesn't strike first.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

How many more Axl/DC dates are there?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

How many more Axl/DC dates are there?

Finishes up Setember 20th

GUR hit peru 27th October

So there's kinda a month off there.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Ten to one, that month will be for Axl's recuperation. He's touring his ass off this year, have to give him that.

Looking at the big picture, I have feeling Guns have a progressing plan in the line of 'if all goes well'. The reformation needed to be established as a stable, professional lineup (via Coachella and the other warm-up shows), to placate the US promoters. A stadium tour in this day and age is a big monetary risk. They've delivered and now have control of their own destiny.

Just that, imagine how many people in and around the camp gulped at Axl's metatarsal. It could've thrown an immense spanner into everything. Ditto the Axl/DC tour. The Euro tour may be the last leg, and after that, all bets are off. Expectations for new (unreleased) music are growing and they'll have a leg to stand on with the label. But who knows. In case new things come about, I would imagine Axl & co. would make themselves available for promo.

Ragnar

Ragnar wrote:

Angus will be stupid if he hangs up AC/DC after this successful tour. Axl is the best singer/frontman DC ever had. Neither Bon nor Brian were/are in Axl`s league.

Board footer