You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: San Diego

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl is a combo of Bon and Brian...plus he is Axl!

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I`ve been blasting this all day

Get your lazy ass in studio and make music Axl!!!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Brett wrote:

It would be ridiculous for Angus to can AC/DC when Axl obviously wants on board in the worst of ways.

I disagree. Cliff is retiring. Angus is the last guy left and I wouldn't blame him if he decides to retire the AC/DC name.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The former AC/DC drummer is looking to stay out, apparently.

Rudd said he would not rule out a return to AC/DC but said for now he was focusing on his own music with "Badge and Spence.''

"If Angus wanted me to play then that is up to him... but I don't really want to play with Axl Rose... I don't really rate him."

Too bad for Phil, as he is the classic era drummer, with all but one Bon Scott albums and Back in Black.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Rudd has a lesser chance of returning in DC than Gilby of appearing on stage with Guns`.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Brett wrote:

It would be ridiculous for Angus to can AC/DC when Axl obviously wants on board in the worst of ways.

I disagree. Cliff is retiring. Angus is the last guy left and I wouldn't blame him if he decides to retire the AC/DC name.

We'll just have to see. I personally don't know after all the shit that's hit AC/DC over the years he'd give up now when he has a kick ass band right at his fingertips sans a bass player. Angus is only 61 and just a little guy, he'll probably live to be 100. Brian is 68 and Cliff is 66. I think Angus has a lot more in the tank and canning the name just means less money for the brand he owns. If new AC/DC didn't meet his standards, maybe, but I think he's very happy with the showing being played for fans. At least, I hope he is.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Normally I like Phil Rudd but he's way off base with those comments about Axl.

Axl is totally nailing these parts and doing (more than) justice to both Bon and Brian....and I say that as a massive fan of Brian in particular.

But Axl is just smashing this out of the park...so it's insane for someone not to "rate" him....I mean realistically I think Axl is probably the only person who could have pulled this off - very high quality covers with a star power charisma of his own that makes it still seem like an original act and not just a covers tribute.

Rudd is great...but basically he's dead wrong here.

Another interesting point is he clearly doesn't want back in as he also made a potshot at Malcolm - which is untouchable in AC/DC circles to fans and the band themselves I would bet.

I mean supposedly he wants back in Ac/Dc but then he takes a potshot at the singer who is saving the day, thus attempting to undermine credibility of the current shows, then he takes a stab at the founder of the band, a man who is currently in care for dementia, and who is the brother of the current leader of the band?

I don't see that as the way back in 16

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Yup, methinks it's sour grapes from Rudd and that he's using Axl as an excuse for his continued absence. Nevermind the legal troubles that put the tour in jeopardy - that was all Rudd's doing, and he was in house arrest to begin with, prompting the need for a replacement. Looking at how Angus manages the band, the door was swung shut for Rudd prior to the tour and it's looking to stay that way.

Meanwhile, Beta - of all people - has been chiming in on Instagram.

Beta wrote:

I’m sure all of you wishes Brian would be there, but Brian is sick and for God sake, just appreciate what’s up there and stop being so selfish. Grow up and stop complaining. This is also about Angus and his mates, have some respect for them. Brian chose to leave due to health issues and Axl is helping his idol. I guess haters will always be haters and have nothing better to do than shit on other people.

Beta wrote:

You are an idiot @guitar_boy111 and by the way, his name is spelled Axl.

Beta wrote:

Do them a favor, don’t come or watch any shows. They don’t need assholes like you around. You are an illness to both band.

Sheesh.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I personally think GNR could have reunited in 2005 if it wasn't for Beta turning away slash. It makes you think.

As for these comments, on one hand she's right about this stuff, on the other hand getting into flame wars with fans is not Ac/DC style and I doubt angus wants that type of publicity.

The first negative media article I saw about Axl being in Ac/Dc was caused by those comments. Well done.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I see she's still calling people idiots. 16

Board footer