You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: European Tour 2017 Thread

johndivney wrote:

Fuck Coldplay:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah looks like they either let the info slip out or GNR were plan B and they had that ready to go just in case.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

If GN'R play Download, it appears it will be the Sunday with Alter Bridge second. AB is set, but I am still getting that GN'R are not over the line yet. There has also been rumblings about Sonisphere looking into GN'R playing for them next year, which we guessed earlier anyway. There has also been further gossip that GN'R will play Vincente Calderon in June. I am not sure where it originated though.

GN'R are expecting the same kind of money that Bruce Springsteen expected for his 2016 tour, so there could be some parallels there.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

sp1at wrote:

If GN'R play Download, it appears it will be the Sunday with Alter Bridge second. AB is set, but I am still getting that GN'R are not over the line yet. There has also been rumblings about Sonisphere looking into GN'R playing for them next year, which we guessed earlier anyway. There has also been further gossip that GN'R will play Vincente Calderon in June. I am not sure where it originated though.

GN'R are expecting the same kind of money that Bruce Springsteen expected for his 2016 tour, so there could be some parallels there.

Huh. Wonder if that means Slash will pop up to play a few tracks with Myles (or vice versa).

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Ok, so we are coming up to the period when the earlier gossip suggested that announcements might start happening for Europe (end of October/when the SA tour starts), so we will see what happens. Obviously the Hellfest info suggests the middle of November, and other gossip suggests December. I still think Hellfest will not happen.  I think they have had a good look at it, but there was a story out today about budgeting, and from what they were saying I am not so sure. I think they have gone with someone else, but we'll see.

The dates that we listed from that ticket web site seem to have taken on a life of their own. I think they are educated guesses, but some of them will probably be right, probably more June than July, but we will see. I think if you throw in some of the venues that 'f**k Coldplay' are playing, and that Bruce Springsteen played last year, then we will have something closer to the truth. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Can we get a summary of what this tour may look like? Seems there are quite a few potential dates

johndivney wrote:

Croke Park rumours picked up steam yesterday
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=guns+ … e&ie=UTF-8

johndivney wrote:

Edit. Never mind. I had misread last years Download line up as this years..

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Another one, Olympiastadion, Munchen, Germany, 13th June 2017

http://www.concerts-metal.com/concert_- … 34797.html

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Still can't believe there won't be at least one stand alone date in the UK, regardless of Download.

No whispers on this sp1at?

Board footer