You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I think the FBI investigation is a good thing.

If Avenatti's client was 20 years old, attended 10 different parties of 17 year olds, who were systematically drugging and gang raping children, to the point she saw the long lines of boys waiting their turn, and she was complicit and kept going to the parties, she needs to go to prison. END.

The New Yorker article was so ridiculous and flimsy no one would have even tried pinning that on Weinstein. The only reason Farrow put his name on it was a desperate attempt to stop the confirmation.

Feinstein should resign. She even supplied Ford with those lawyers who possibly were the leakers, were secretly helping dems fund raise on the case, and if you heard during the hearing, Ford said her lawyers had withheld information the Senate sent to her. She never knew Grassley offered to go to her to take her statement.

I pretty much believe Ford. I don't know if he was being a stupid drunk kid or was really trying to assault her, but I think something could have happened.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I believe she believes what she is saying.  However I don't know that I trust her memory of the events given that she recalls very little other than who she thinks was there; yet none of those there including her good friend verify that there even was a party they were at together.  Something probably happened to her.  She probably suppressed the memory and/or the memory is clouded by alcohol.  So I can't be sure that even the details she remembers such as who was there is "credible" in terms of holding things up.

I also believe she's been played this whole time by Feinstein and whoever else was in on it with her. They willingly threw her under the bus because they believe their cause is greater than any person.  That's why they have no problem throwing BK under the bus either and that's why they have no issues with the Clinton machine rigging the primary. 

My personal hope is three things come out of this:

1) BK does not get confirmed.  I am pro-choice and I am concerned that he may try to overturn Roe v Wade.

2) BK gets whatever the law can do to him if it is proven he did what was alleged. 

3) The sham that this was gets uncovered completely and the whole truth comes out as to who played a part in this.  Regardless of the outcome of the FBI investigation into BK, one needs to be launched into the handling of the whole situation. This cannot be the way politics are done going forward or very single one of us is fucked.  NOBODY in their right mind can support what has happened the last few weeks/months.  Nobody.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The irony is BK is a conservative-moderate and was not likely to overturn RvW. If he were replaced it would be a much more conservative judge who would... And at this point, he's not going to let go of that anger. I think the Dems made a life long enemy in a supreme court judge.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The irony is BK is a conservative-moderate and was not likely to overturn RvW. If he were replaced it would be a much more conservative judge who would... And at this point, he's not going to let go of that anger. I think the Dems made a life long enemy in a supreme court judge.

And what a great judge he will be if he makes decisions on the bench to obtain revenge.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I think this message board full of men who have always been willing to dismiss sexual assault in general.

Anyone who based a portion of his argument on how long it took for a woman to come forward about any alleged assault is starting from a place of ignorance.

I’m thoroughly disgusted with this entire country right now.

All we care about is the all mighty dollar. Keep that economy going. We see how on a daily basis old white men in power don’t give a shit about anyone.

This republican congress is only good for 2 things...tax cuts and indifference toward everything else.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Christ, it you would just tap down on the hysteria and hyperbole it would make this thread soooooooo much better and I'd take your posts serious.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

And what a great judge he will be if he makes decisions on the bench to obtain revenge.

That's what happens when you're called an evil rapist who will murder people which encourages people to threaten the lives of your family.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Christ, it you would just tap down on the hysteria and hyperbole it would make this thread soooooooo much better and is take your posts serious.

It’s nothing more than cynicism.

You like to throw that word hyperbole around a lot.

You don’t have to take my posts seriously but that doesn’t change the fact that this place is nothing more than an echo chamber of people who made in their minds long ago.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's what happens when you're called an evil rapist who will murder people which encourages people to threaten the lives of your family.

Now who’s engaging in hyperbole.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Now who’s engaging in hyperbole.

Democratic senators. Obviously you didn’t care to watch the hearing.

Board footer