You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's what happens when you're called an evil rapist who will murder people which encourages people to threaten the lives of your family.

Now who’s engaging in hyperbole.

Democratic senators. Obviously you didn’t care to watch the hearing.

I think your mind was made up before any hearings or facts were made available ...that’s what i think

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Christ, it you would just tap down on the hysteria and hyperbole it would make this thread soooooooo much better and is take your posts serious.

It’s nothing more than cynicism.

You like to throw that word hyperbole around a lot.

You don’t have to take my posts seriously but that doesn’t change the fact that this place is nothing more than an echo chamber of people who made in their minds long ago.

This is the last thing from an echo chamber, a term you throw around a lot. I'm not sure what I made my mind up about months ago...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Now who’s engaging in hyperbole.

I think your mind was made up before any hearings or facts were made available ...that’s what i think

No, I’m very interested in what happened. Dr. Ford’s testimony was convincing. As was Judge Kavanaugh’s. With zero evidence, and the obvious timing and politicization of the claims by Senate Democrats, I don’t believe anyone can claim to definitively know any answer on to what occurred. But as adults in this country, innocence is pressumed.   

Saying Brett Kavanaugh isn’t the right pick because of his jurisprudence is fine. Accusing him of sexual assault to end his nomination isn’t. It’s despicable. I don’t believe BK will overturn Roe v Wade. That’s a claim from hysterics who shouldn’t be taken seriously. Like the allegations of evil from senate democrats.

You’re a partisan shill whom has publicly celebrated accusing a good man of horrendous crimes to win a political gamesmanship. And I don’t give any weight to your opinion on the matter.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

No, I’m very interested in what happened. Dr. Ford’s testimony was convincing. As was Judge Kavanaugh’s. With zero evidence, and the obvious timing and politicization of the claims by Senate Democrats, I don’t believe anyone can claim to definitively know any answer on to what occurred. But as adults in this country, innocence is pressumed.   

Saying Brett Kavanaugh isn’t the right pick because of his jurisprudence is fine. Accusing him of sexual assault to end his nomination isn’t. It’s despicable. I don’t believe BK will overturn Roe v Wade. That’s a claim from hysterics who shouldn’t be taken seriously. Like the allegations of evil from senate democrats.

You’re a partisan shill whom has publicly celebrated accusing a good man of horrendous crimes to win a political gamesmanship. And I don’t give any weight to your opinion on the matter.

Likewise... I don’t even have to watch Fox news anymore I just get all of my fox news takes from your posts.

I’ve already stated on more than one occasion that I have no intention of voting anytime soon. I no longer have any skin in the game.  I truly do not give a shit who wins the Supreme Court seat.

What i find stupid is Republicans whining and bitching now about Democrats using the same tactics that Republicans did to obtain their political power.
We’re not in this together. If you go down go fuck yourself. If I go down go fuck myself that’s all there is to it in this country.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Can you please enlighten me as to whose lives the Republicans ruined?  The Democratic count on just this event alone is at least 2 with more to be determined. 

You lose any credibility when you equate (just as I said you would) ruining people's lives to not voting on someone.  I'm also pretty sure the Republicans didn't rig their own primary because if they had, Trump would not have been the winner.

Kudos for trying mitch.  I mean you throw out more talking points than anyone here, and you also accuse more people than anyone else of just throwing out talking points.  That's pretty impressive.  The next original thought you have in this thread will be your very first.  I promise (if I see it) to celebrate that moment.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahaha Matt Damon

Randall Flagg

Mitch, let me know what’s wrong with the new NAFTA deal. I want to make sure I can refute whatever bile I come across on other forums. Is “Fuck Trump” the extent of your thorough and objective analysis?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Seems its essentially same as the old deal. Just a new name. "The worst deal in the history of the US" will now be called 'The greatest deal in the history of the US".

It's like 'Clean Coal', it's the same thing as "Dirty Ol' Coal" just with a new name.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I do not like the drug costs/generic protection. Doesn't really help bring down costs.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

I do not like the drug costs/generic protection. Doesn't really help bring down costs.

It's essentially copyright theft that Canada uses to provide care for their people.  I understand the premise, but as Canadian scientists and researchers aren't developing these medicines, they have no right to steal them and provide them to generic competitors, paying an arbitrary royalty to the patent owner as deemed appropriate by Canada.  If Canada ever invented anything, I'm sure their companies would be outraged if the US took their patents, handed it over to Bayer and paid them $.50 royalties per pill made.  If America reigned in its own pharmaceuticals, that'd be fine.  But these companies are charging Americans a per diem to recoup the loss of Canadian theft.

My understanding is the new deal limits Canada's ability to do this without penalty to some extent, but I haven't confirmed that or seen anything cementing that argument.  We bitch about China stealing our IP all day long, but for some reason, we ignore it when it's done by our neighbors to the north.

Board footer