You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

Mitch, the textbook definition of statistical significance is 5%.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statist … prov=sfti1

And that figure can be significantly lowered depending on the study. But let’s use the 5% standard. In many of the states you cited, they had a 5% or greater change from 2012. End of discussion.

Something like 35 people were killed by an assault rifle in 2017 out of 11,000 firearm homicides. 5 or 6 black men were shot and killed by police (to say nothing of the justification) and made the news out of 5,500 black men murdered in 2017.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And that figure can be significantly lowered depending on the study. But let’s use the 5% standard. In many of the states you cited, they had a 5% or greater change from 2012. End of discussion.

Something like 35 people were killed by an assault rifle in 2017 out of 11,000 firearm homicides. 5 or 6 black men were shot and killed by police (to say nothing of the justification) and made the news out of 5,500 black men murdered in 2017.

Are we talking about the media now...I'm having trouble keeping up.

One involves death and the other doesn't....that should count.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Are we talking about the media now...I'm having trouble keeping up.

One involves death and the other doesn't....that should count.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing...yes there is a very low statistical probability of occurrence but what are you trying to say? Are you saying that because they occur so infrequently that nothing should/can be done?

Anything the occurs and the end result might be death needs to handled very carefully. Guns are made for the sole purpose of killing.

I guess i just don’t know what else to take from your stats argument.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Yep...i don’t make any sense...I’m not consistent....but here you are not following through on an argument.

Yep...I’m all over the place...my arguments can’t be comprehended...

You had 2 days and said/did nothing.

You’re just a shit stirrer.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

Yep...i don’t make any sense...I’m not consistent....but here you are not following through on an argument.

No, Mitch.  I'm just ignoring you.  Because you embarrassed yourself, as you tend to do.  You came in here with some numbers that completely disproved your own point.  You tried to argue with Buzz, and then you tried to claim  we were all wrong about statistical significance, and that swings of 300k voters wasn't a big deal.

You're no longer interesting to me, so I'm not going to waste my time responding to you when the end result will be you screaming "Fuck Trump" and telling us how unhinged and unhappy you are.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

A few days out. Projections seem to be Dems win the House, GOP the Senate. NJ is a state to watch. Typically Dem but I dont think Menendez is a good candidate for reelection. Unlikely to be the deciding race, but if so itd be a terrible loss in a shoe-in state for Dems.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

No, Mitch.  I'm just ignoring you.  Because you embarrassed yourself, as you tend to do.  You came in here with some numbers that completely disproved your own point.  You tried to argue with Buzz, and then you tried to claim  we were all wrong about statistical significance, and that swings of 300k voters wasn't a big deal.

You're no longer interesting to me, so I'm not going to waste my time responding to you when the end result will be you screaming "Fuck Trump" and telling us how unhinged and unhappy you are.

No Flagg...the problem is you never had a point.

Never.

You have the personality and opinion of a drone.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So what have the far right domestic terrorists and traitors been up to over the last couple of weeks preceding the midterms?

1)  Right wing traitors attempted to set up special prosecutor Robert Mueller for sexual harassment. The case has been sent to the FBI for investigation. We don't know how deep this goes yet.

2) A deranged Trump cult follower mailed out pipe bombs in one of the largest assassination attempts in our nation's history. The FBI said these were meant to do harm, ignore these right wing liars who claim otherwise. The right wing propaganda machine wanted us to believe this was a liberal ploy at first. They all ran with it, including the nuts here.

3) An anti-Semitic white supremacist murdered a dozen Jews in a Synagogue because he believed the Jews were helping the migrant caravan coming here to invade us.

4) Another right wing white supremacist attempted to shoot up a black church, but when the loser realized he was locked out, went to the nearby grocery store and murdered two black people there instead.

5) A right wing chubby incel with a history of raging online (sound familiar?) went into a yoga studio and murdered two women and injured 5 others.

As I've said prior, right wing terrorism is more of a threat to our way of life in America than ISIS or those trying to escape crime ridden countries south of us. There is no "both sides" to this equation. We have a violent group of heavily armed right wing lunatics who are amped up by a president who admires dictators, calls our press an "enemy of the people" and champions physical assaults to his followers all while claiming he's the real victim.

The excuses and the hedging he partakes in as we witness sectarian and racial violence in our country is deplorable and cowardly. The right wing Congress have absolutely failed in their job to check this madman-they are complicit. The same can be said for everyday Americans who defend this behavior via "whataboutism", blatant lying or both (sound familiar?)

There are no more excuses to be made. You either stand for good, you stand for this country and what it was built on, or you make excuses while evil flourishes and our nation is destroyed.

Randall Flagg

Deleted

Randall Flagg

Deleted

Board footer