You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

I ran across this one earlier, too. Most of the credit is given to higher minimum wages, which is a leftist policy. Correct me if i’m wrong, but there’s few Republicans calling for increasing minimum wage. Perhaps I’ve missed them. And there’s this.

“There is little or no evidence that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 had much of an impact on wages — and certainly workers haven’t seen the absurd $4,000 per employee windfall President Donald Trump’s economic advisers and political allies made before the tax cut was passed by Congress. As my Bloomberg Opinion colleague Noah Smith observed, there are no signs that tax cuts are trickling down to workers’ real wages. This isn’t a surprise, since the tax cut was geared to give companies and the wealthy the most of the breaks.”

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Good lord you’re posting opinion pieces now?

Now I’m surely convinced.

Deals with unions and raising of minimum wage. What are you trying to prove with this?

There it is SG....there are concerns about inflation and the Fed is stepping in to prevent this...

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Russian lawyer who infamously attended the "Russian Adoption Meeting" (lol, good one Hope Hicks, Real clever coverup you genius you) indicted for Obstruction. Seems it dates back to 2014-2015ish, a Russian Tax fraud of laundering Russian Tax money into the US (NY real estate). Might connect how her & the Trumps were long associates tho, and how she was an operative who reported back to Russian officials with Trumpian requests.

No Collusion tho, no collusion.


She's out of the country so will never face trial or charges. The timing of it being released today is curious. Almost like NY Prosecutors had this one sitting around since she'll never goto court so decided "Mehhh, let's drop this one now"

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Russian lawyer who infamously attended the "Russian Adoption Meeting" (lol, good one Hope Hicks, Real clever coverup you genius you) indicted for Obstruction. Seems it dates back to 2014-2015ish, a Russian Tax fraud of laundering Russian Tax money into the US (NY real estate). Might connect how her & the Trumps were long associates tho, and how she was an operative who reported back to Russian officials with Trumpian requests.

No Collusion tho, no collusion.


She's out of the country so will never face trial or charges. The timing of it being released today is curious. Almost like NY Prosecutors had this one sitting around since she'll never goto court so decided "Mehhh, let's drop this one now"


Didn’t you swear Trump would be impeached and out of office by 12/31?

I’m genuinely asking what it will take for you to drop the collusion shit?  It’s painfully apparent your opinion isn’t based on fact. The articles out there go to great lengths to state that her crime is in no way related to Trump, the Tower meeting, or the election.

Yet you completely ignore that and inject your own conspiracy theories. That’s all you and the other 3 have done for months.

So it’s clear evidence to support your opinions isn’t necessary. Even if the article you quote tells you that you’re wrong, you ignore it.

Is there any pathway where you acknowledge you were duped, you spoke in error, and were no different than Alex Jones and the people who support him?  Are you going to go full SLC on us and start linking to infowars?

Is your life so bad that the only happiness you find is derived from this fantasy? 

I understand why the other two post this nonsense. They obviously don’t know any better. But I thought you and BigBri different.

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Russian lawyer who infamously attended the "Russian Adoption Meeting" (lol, good one Hope Hicks, Real clever coverup you genius you) indicted for Obstruction. Seems it dates back to 2014-2015ish, a Russian Tax fraud of laundering Russian Tax money into the US (NY real estate). Might connect how her & the Trumps were long associates tho, and how she was an operative who reported back to Russian officials with Trumpian requests.

No Collusion tho, no collusion.


She's out of the country so will never face trial or charges. The timing of it being released today is curious. Almost like NY Prosecutors had this one sitting around since she'll never goto court so decided "Mehhh, let's drop this one now"


Didn’t you swear Trump would be impeached and out of office by 12/31?

I’m genuinely asking what it will take for you to drop the collusion shit?  It’s painfully apparent your opinion isn’t based on fact. The articles out there go to great lengths to state that her crime is in no way related to Trump, the Tower meeting, or the election.

Yet you completely ignore that and inject your own conspiracy theories. That’s all you and the other 3 have done for months.

So it’s clear evidence to support your opinions isn’t necessary. Even if the article you quote tells you that you’re wrong, you ignore it.

Is there any pathway where you acknowledge you were duped, you spoke in error, and were no different than Alex Jones and the people who support him?  Are you going to go full SLC on us and start linking to infowars?

Is your life so bad that the only happiness you find is derived from this fantasy? 

I understand why the other two post this nonsense. They obviously don’t know any better. But I thought you and BigBri different.

Says the guy who just posted an opinion piece attributing the strong economy to the raising of the minimum wage and unions.

Did you even read the article?

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

@RF - lol.  Yeah, I'm shaking in my boots that Trump will be cleared of everything. Heck, let's do a tally.

Sessions - Lied & recused himself from investigation.
Manafort - Guilty
Cohen - Guilty
Flynn - Guilty
Papadopalous - Guilty
Russian Lawyer - Guilty
Russian NRA infiltrator - Guilty
Rick Gates - Guilty

Did I miss anyone else?   Oh, Roger Stone. If your entire case is hanging onto him guess what, your in trouble. Maybe Jared & Jr are still not charged yet, so you have that going for you.  Look at all those who resigned?

Spicer
Scaramucci
Hope Hicks
Bannon
Preibus
Nikki Haley
Paul Ryan
Kelly
Mattis
Tillerson

Anyone else?  Granted, the last 3 more or less just got sick of him but I firmly believe the first several left to maintain their potential political future & distance themselves from Trump when he goes down. (I'm still curious about Scaramucci, hopefully someday it comes out. Personally I think he walked in like a tough guy and asked 'What happened and who knew what when?'  Then responded "WTF are you guys insane??  I'm out!"

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Convincing Randall. Convincing. (From summer 2016)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

@RF - lol.  Yeah, I'm shaking in my boots that Trump will be cleared of everything. Heck, let's do a tally.

Sessions - Lied & recused himself from investigation.
Manafort - Guilty
Cohen - Guilty
Flynn - Guilty
Papadopalous - Guilty
Russian Lawyer - Guilty
Russian NRA infiltrator - Guilty
Rick Gates - Guilty

Did I miss anyone else?   Oh, Roger Stone. If your entire case is hanging onto him guess what, your in trouble. Maybe Jared & Jr are still not charged yet, so you have that going for you.  Look at all those who resigned?

Spicer
Scaramucci
Hope Hicks
Bannon
Preibus
Nikki Haley
Paul Ryan
Kelly
Mattis
Tillerson

Anyone else?  Granted, the last 3 more or less just got sick of him but I firmly believe the first several left to maintain their potential political future & distance themselves from Trump when he goes down. (I'm still curious about Scaramucci, hopefully someday it comes out. Personally I think he walked in like a tough guy and asked 'What happened and who knew what when?'  Then responded "WTF are you guys insane??  I'm out!"


We’ve had this discussion countless times. I’m going to ask if any of those people are guilty of anything related to the election.

You’re going to ignore that question. Then you’re going to inject a bunch of “what ifs”, and predict you’ll be vindicated a year from now.

Sessions didn’t lie. The FBI came out months ago and acknowledged that. Sessions didn’t do anything wrong, and no one connected to the FBI or Mueller investigation has suggested otherwise. A bunch of very loud, unimportant congressmen have made that claim, but they’re neither on any of the committees connected, nor have provided anything to support their claims.

You want there to be collusion. So you ignore every actual expert or objective article on it. Just like you’re doing with the Russian lawyer. Every article makes it crystal clear her crime had nothing to do with the election or Trump. But you ignore that, and inject some conspiracy.

Can you name one person connected to Trump that has been charged by Mueller for any crime related to Russian collusion?  Just one person. Not your head canon on what might have occurred, just the facts.

The only possible crime that has been uncovered in 2 years is Trump paying off two women who attempted to extort him, took the money, and went public anyway.

There’s a hundred lawyers out there who argue that payment wasn’t illegal. You have Cohen, who was guilty for a shit ton of stuff unrelated to collusion or Russia or Trump, who plead to the campaign finance contribution. He claimed he helped Mueller tons. And what did Mueller give Cohen for all the “cooperation”?  Nothing. Mueller didn’t recommend any time off Cohen’s sentence.

Sounds to me like Mueller didn’t need or get anything from Cohen. He’s not going away for 3 years because of paying off Stormy. He’s going away for all the illegal shit he did that no one has alleged Trump had any involvement with.


Your argument is an inch deep. You think because these people are guilty of random, unconnected crimes, that somehow makes them guilty of collusion. It doesn’t.

You’re free to believe whatever you want.  But your argument isn’t an informed or intelligent one.

So good luck getting 218 congressmen to vote for impeachment because Trump paid off two women who blackmailed him. And even better luck getting 67 Senators to vote guilty.

Your argument is the definition of a conspiracy theory. You have nothing to base your thesis on, so you manufacture events or just inaccurately repeat them (Sessions lied and had to recuse himself).

Think on that last one. Lynch refused to recuse herself after meeting secretly with Bill Clinton. Comey testified he went public because of how that looked. Jeff Sessions did nothing wrong and didn’t lie according to the FBI. Yet recused himself because not doing so looked improper.

That’s the objective truth and reality free from partisan logic. Yet you ignore all of that, all of the pleas that have nothing to do with Trump, Russia or the election, and somehow think you’ve made a compelling argument.

Do you not see how weak your position is?  You’re objectively wrong, but refuse to acknowledge that because you want Trump to be guilty of this heinous thing.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB