You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Nah...I’m happy to pay state taxes....they are small and paltry compared to federal taxes. Plus I’m more than happy to contribute to my neighbors.

It’s that 55 percent parte of the federal budget that goes to the military really sticks in my craw.

Taxes are bad....mmmmkay right Flagg?


55% of our budget goes to the military!??

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ … r2=piv-web


That image says less than 1%.  The federal budget for 2018 was 4.1 trillion. You think we spend over 2 trillion dollars on the military?

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

55% of our budget goes to the military!??

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ … r2=piv-web


That image says less than 1%.  The federal budget for 2018 was 4.1 trillion. You think we spend over 2 trillion dollars on the military?

This is what i meant to share....

Discretionary spending

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ … r2=piv-web

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That image says less than 1%.  The federal budget for 2018 was 4.1 trillion. You think we spend over 2 trillion dollars on the military?

This is what i meant to share....

Discretionary spending

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ … r2=piv-web

Ok no matter the link i post it shows something from 2016....

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That image says less than 1%.  The federal budget for 2018 was 4.1 trillion. You think we spend over 2 trillion dollars on the military?

This is what i meant to share....

Discretionary spending

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/ … r2=piv-web

Ok no matter the link i post it shows something from 2016....

I think it's a slide in there, but the URL doesn't change so it links the same way.  If you click the right arrow its about 5 slides over. It says "Presidents Discretionary Spending'.  Not sure exactly what that means & how its so drastically different from the others.

Although, I'm not sure exactly what these are.  They look like something created on Google Slides in someones Dropbox account or Yahoo Storage, I really don't think these are credible. Somewhat informative at least, puts things in perspective & maybe in the ballpark.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, Pelosi is cold as ice & handling this like a boss!

I saw it's rumored Kushner & Lindsay Graham offered to negiotiate a bit with Dems to see what they would need to support the walls funding. She told them nothing we're not going to vote for it, now reopen the government, and that Trumps now painted himself into a corner. LOL, the one possible bargaining chip they hoped to have (offering Dems a carrot) is now gone & not negotiable. Polls definitely must be showing Americans don't care about needing the wall all that much if she held out.

Also, Democrats put forth legislation demanding we reopen government forcing GOP to vote FOR the shutdown, 8 peeled off and sided with Dems lol. Cracks are beginning, and tomorrow employees go without paychecks.

There is no way around it, Trump HAS TO back down & reopen government, and that will be the only ending to this. She is not backing down on this, and it won't go well for Donald lol. It's like the dingbat in chess moving his Queen all around just to get 'Check' only to be blindsided and have her taken away by a bishop or knight.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I bet this becomes Trumps exit strategy. It's his only shot at it.  "End the Pelosi/Shumer shutdown in order to SAVE the farmers!" and push a 'Democrats don't care about farmers" message to maintain the rural America constituency.
_____________________________________________________________________________

'Everybody is impacted': The shutdown is ruining Trump's big farmer bailout

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ever … 17790.html

Farmers affected by the U.S.-China trade war tariffs thought relief was on the way after the Trump administration extended the deadline for financial aid.

But the government shutdown means these farmers are not receiving their payments. On top of that, farmers can’t even apply for loans for next season.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s farmer bailout program involved two installments. The first round of payments, approximately $4.7 billion, were distributed in September 2018; the second round of $9.57 billion began in December.

The deadline to apply for this aid was initially Jan. 15, 2019, though this was extended due to the government shutdown. (The program is based on the impact to an agricultural industry’s export sales.) But applications can’t be received if the USDA is closed.

“In order for a [crop] producer to apply for the program, they have to go to their local USDA office, where those people are furloughed,” Andrew Novakovic, a professor of agricultural economics at Cornell University, told Yahoo Finance. “Until those people are back on the job, there’s no one to give the application to.”

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow, Pelosi is cold as ice & handling this like a boss!

I saw it's rumored Kushner & Lindsay Graham offered to negiotiate a bit with Dems to see what they would need to support the walls funding. She told them nothing we're not going to vote for it, now reopen the government, and that Trumps now painted himself into a corner. LOL, the one possible bargaining chip they hoped to have (offering Dems a carrot) is now gone & not negotiable. Polls definitely must be showing Americans don't care about needing the wall all that much if she held out.

Also, Democrats put forth legislation demanding we reopen government forcing GOP to vote FOR the shutdown, 8 peeled off and sided with Dems lol. Cracks are beginning, and tomorrow employees go without paychecks.

There is no way around it, Trump HAS TO back down & reopen government, and that will be the only ending to this. She is not backing down on this, and it won't go well for Donald lol. It's like the dingbat in chess moving his Queen all around just to get 'Check' only to be blindsided and have her taken away by a bishop or knight.

You’d think he would have seen this coming. The time to do this was a year ago....with Dems taking control of the house there was no chance he would get his way.

His strategy of bullying and prime propaganda speeches did nothing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You’d think he would have seen this coming. The time to do this was a year ago....with Dems taking control of the house there was no chance he would get his way.

His strategy of bullying and prime propaganda speeches did nothing.

I think either Republicans went the whole 2 years without telling him they never got him his wall, as they didn't want it to become a 2020 voter issue, then snuck out of town without telling him. Or Trump & the GOP didn't want it to become a 2020 issue, so they chose to play hardball and FORCE dems to vote for the wall, so that they can't make the fact Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall and lost big time on it. That's why Pelosi's holding out and saying no. They had this in their pocket leading up to the election on Trumps failed promise, so Trump wants to take this away and strongarm them into voting FOR it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You’d think he would have seen this coming. The time to do this was a year ago....with Dems taking control of the house there was no chance he would get his way.

His strategy of bullying and prime propaganda speeches did nothing.

I think either Republicans went the whole 2 years without telling him they never got him his wall, as they didn't want it to become a 2020 voter issue, then snuck out of town without telling him. Or Trump & the GOP didn't want it to become a 2020 issue, so they chose to play hardball and FORCE dems to vote for the wall, so that they can't make the fact Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall and lost big time on it. That's why Pelosi's holding out and saying no. They had this in their pocket leading up to the election on Trumps failed promise, so Trump wants to take this away and strongarm them into voting FOR it.

Even still though....Trump didn’t chess this out (shocking i know). Every day this goes on, the spotlight gets brighter. And when he backs down it’ll be all that much more painful.

You can’t belittle and intimidate people into your course of action. When he ultimately backs down, he will look like such a bitch.

PaSnow
 Rep: 197 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, tomorrows gonna be a big day & take this to stage 2 when ppl actually miss their first paycheck and go an entire weekend of doing so and news cycle covering it. His support has gotta be dwindling and as such, Dems has very little reason if any to negotiate on this. Seems that they are now in a point blank "Reopen the government" mode with zero interest in negotiating anything in return.

It's over.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB