You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I like this AG selection. Clearly he is qualified.

Why bother hiring sessions if you just fire him for no reason?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sessions was a bad hire. That was a loyalty appointment. This guy is a legit AG.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sessions was a bad hire. That was a loyalty appointment. This guy is a legit AG.

That doesn’t explain why you get to fire him for nothing.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yeah, in 1992.

I'm unsure about it. I agree the Sessions firing was borderline illegal, and Trump has both the Russia collusion case, AND the obstruction case (firing of Comey) among others. I'm not confident he absolutely will step aside/& or recuse himself fully from the results or make them public (I say he won't). Also, will he support past Trump EO's like the muslim ban or do something to states who have legalized marijuana use.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

He's doing a bad job answering specifics about the Mueller investigation. (Would you make the results public, Could the President be charged with obstruction, If the president asked you to end a specific investigation knowingly about himself or his associates would you follow thru and seek to end it etc)... Barr: "I can't answer that I would need to know the context."

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wow.

[/embed]

Damn!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Ain't bad.   (Not a fan of the upside down flags tho)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yeah, in 1992.

I'm unsure about it. I agree the Sessions firing was borderline illegal, and Trump has both the Russia collusion case, AND the obstruction case (firing of Comey) among others. I'm not confident he absolutely will step aside/& or recuse himself fully from the results or make them public (I say he won't). Also, will he support past Trump EO's like the muslim ban or do something to states who have legalized marijuana use.

I don’t think his firing of Sessions is considered by the mainstream to be “borderline illegal”.  Trump’s interim replacement as AG was questioned by some, but a court either today or yesterday refused to intervene on the opponet’s behalf.

I only care that he’s made it clear he won’t interfere with Mueller. Which he has, and which no one in a position of power has advocated against. Arguing the merits of the deviation from Russian interference or the basis of the FBI’s original use of the Steele dossier isn’t the same as advocating Mueller should be impeded in anyway from completing his investigation.

I’d assume he’ll continue to defend the “Muslim ban” since SCOTUS ruled it constitutional. I’d hope you’d want an AG to enforce laws SCOTUS has ruled constitutional.  I’d hope that’s something we’d all agree on, even if we dislike the law. I sure wouldn’t want an AG that refused to enforce the ACA.

I doubt he’ll have the hardon for weed Sessions did, but I also don’t recall Sessions sending agents to raid state dispensaries either.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I agree the 'borderline illegal' were my words, partially based on unwillingness to search more a more descriptive term (being that we're only on a Guns N Roses message board).

That said, Trumps done A LOT of self serving things to arrive at this point. (Fire Comey, Belittle Rosenstein & Mueller, Fire Sessions, Call the investigation a Hoax & Fake News)

Board footer