You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I saw a report he could re-open gov't and then demand Wall funding be put into an infrastructure bill. Dems could always not put it in, to which Trump vetoes etc, rinse & repeat, but it could temporarily get him out of this mess & place his base's hate back onto Dems. Probably his better option.

It still requires him to cave and sign something he could’ve had from the beginning and before any shutdown.

Either way he caves...he will definitely attempt to spin it of course.

This part i admit he’s good at....however, his base seems to think they’re on the verge of getting this wall...i can only speculate how this will come off.

Trump can change his strategy but i just don’t see him getting his wall unless he’s ready to make serious concessions in return. He’s not really negotiating- he’s strong arming.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Mueller already covered this one. Gee whiz, ya think Donald lied on this part of the written exam?

[/embed]

I’m going to guess he was just not forthcoming. Which is a form of lying imho

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Lawyers never ask questions they don’t already know the answer to. Mueller knows if Trump told Cohen to lie.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Lawyers never ask questions they don’t already know the answer to. Mueller knows if Trump told Cohen to lie.

YES! That’s the whole point. They aren’t shooting in the dark with any line of questioning.

That’s what i wish some people would realize...Mueller is an assasin....if there’s nothing to hide then he won’t get the opportunity to get very far. As frustrating and slow as the legal process is....most times they get it right. It might be slow and frustrating on purpose...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Yeah, it's also a very specific question (esp the Felix Sater part, noteven sure who he is), which to me would tell me, if I were Trump, that Mueller knows what communication I had with those named about this.

I'll bet his answer was that they all spoke about a possible deal which ending once he really began running. Which probably was a lie & the talks continued well into the campaign, and Trump/Guiliani will try to say he forgot, or he assumed his associated knew to end it. Or that he never asked about it & thought the idea was nixed etc.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics … index.html

Never let a good story that remotely validates a conspiracy get in the way of reality.  I guess when Mueller calls Buzzfeed's Cohen story bullshit, he must be covering up for Trump too.  At what point do the people peddling this shit just get ignored?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

For realz. Every story you guys have talked about for months has been total bullshit. At what point do you recognize how reckless it is for media to spread this shit. All the talk of stoking hate?  This is clearly propaganda executed in bad faith. Particularly when you consider how favorably they showed Obama’s many, many objective and factual fuck ups. It’s just absurd that not only this is happening, but how many devious people embrace it because they’re not intelligent, informed or even decent. It’s truly shameful. I can’t fathom how anyone can trust these outlets.

They are quite literally fake news.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Hmmm, sorta like the Steele Dossier tho, not false, just unsubstantiated.

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate,"

Curious how its a bit of wordplay that "specific statements"... are not accurate. Just read the Buzzfeed article, there's a lot of specific, small accusations which, if individually are false, aren't a complete bottoming out of the meat of it.

Although, it's possible they got bad info & possibly intentionally. That'd be quite a swindle tho. We'll find alot out on Feb 8th or whenever Cohens testifying, that's for sure.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

For realz. Every story you guys have talked about for months has been total bullshit. At what point do you recognize how reckless it is for media to spread this shit. All the talk of stoking hate?  This is clearly propaganda executed in bad faith. Particularly when you consider how favorably they showed Obama’s many, many objective and factual fuck ups. It’s just absurd that not only this is happening, but how many devious people embrace it because they’re not intelligent, informed or even decent. It’s truly shameful. I can’t fathom how anyone can trust these outlets.

Real news is anything trump says right?

It’s weird how CNN is fake news until it says something RF wants to hear...

X

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Such projection. You've been wrong on just about every single fucking thing. Seriously...everything.

They didn't say it was false in its entirety. They said it wasn't accurate. Otherwise they would have said it the entire report was wrong, which they did not.

You're a right wing stooge, so again you're looking for a slam dunk to support your partisan bias. So predictable. I knew you'd be here saying this. Like clockwork. Even after everything that's come to light, you won't back down. And here's my prediction, once the shit hits the fan and the report is issued, you'll slice it, dice it and play semantics to prove you were right. Even if Trump gets 86d. That's just who you are I guess.

Board footer