You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

All signs are pointing toward Trump using executive power to build the wall making the government shutdown a complete and utter waste.

I guess that's what you do now...when you don't get what you want you throw a tantrum and shutdown the government hurtling countless lives and expenses.

Make you kinda wonder that all that uproar about executive order and power under Obama was really disingenuous.

No, him waiting and Democrats refusing to acknowledge the issue will help him in court. Homeland and ICE, the experts, all state there is a problem. Pelosi has said enforcing the current laws are immoral.

Trump has the constitution on his side, because it gives him the sole power to protect the border.

Democrats refusing to draft legislation or even acknowledge the experts opinion, including Obama’s head of ICE, will help show in court that Trump’s action wasn’t arbitrary.

Tens of thousands of migrants exploiting the immigration loophole every month by using children is a problem. The largest fentanayl shipment ever was caught.

Immigration is a popular issue for Trump. Democrats are derelict in their duties, and Trump has given them ample time to draft legislation.

The fundamental difference you fail to grasp, because you’re not at all academic or informed on the issue, is that the constitution didn’t grant the president the authority to change the laws. Obama did that, and that’s why DAPA was struck down, and why DACA will be too.

On the other hand, Trump’s “Muslim ban” was upheld because the president is the sole authority on national defense.

This will help get Trump re-elected in 2020. Just as democrats suddenly advocating for partial birth abortion and abolishing private healthcare will help.

The left has become completely unhinged.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

lol, it was up 25% Obama's first year,  Bwahahahha. Then another 10% his second year.  Thanks Obama! and that's before we started hitting record highs from 2013-2018!!

So, how is your 401k? Just had the best January in 30 fucking years. Thanks Obama! Lol

I dunno haven't checked since the new year. How old are you? You've been in the market for 30 years?

No this past January was the best January in 30 years. Remember when you guys were freaking out in dec I told you things would calm down in Jan.. I was right was usual. Lol

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

All signs are pointing toward Trump using executive power to build the wall making the government shutdown a complete and utter waste.

I guess that's what you do now...when you don't get what you want you throw a tantrum and shutdown the government hurtling countless lives and expenses.

Make you kinda wonder that all that uproar about executive order and power under Obama was really disingenuous.

No, him waiting and Democrats refusing to acknowledge the issue will help him in court. Homeland and ICE, the experts, all state there is a problem. Pelosi has said enforcing the current laws are immoral.

Trump has the constitution on his side, because it gives him the sole power to protect the border.

Democrats refusing to draft legislation or even acknowledge the experts opinion, including Obama’s head of ICE, will help show in court that Trump’s action wasn’t arbitrary.

Tens of thousands of migrants exploiting the immigration loophole every month by using children is a problem. The largest fentanayl shipment ever was caught.

Immigration is a popular issue for Trump. Democrats are derelict in their duties, and Trump has given them ample time to draft legislation.

The fundamental difference you fail to grasp, because you’re not at all academic or informed on the issue, is that the constitution didn’t grant the president the authority to change the laws. Obama did that, and that’s why DAPA was struck down, and why DACA will be too.

On the other hand, Trump’s “Muslim ban” was upheld because the president is the sole authority on national defense.

This will help get Trump re-elected in 2020. Just as democrats suddenly advocating for partial birth abortion and abolishing private healthcare will help.

Hilarious...if what you say is true then why bother with the government shutdown? Why not just do this in the first place?

OR...if they really wanted to solve this 'crisis' then why doesn't the government go after people that hire illegal immigrants?

Hmmm...that's a tough one huh?

Any alleged crisis that's occurring down there is one that Trump created and contrived.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Hilarious...if what you say is true then why bother with the government shutdown? Why not just do this in the first place?

OR...if they really wanted to solve this 'crisis' then why doesn't the government go after people that hire illegal immigrants?

Any alleged crisis that's occurring down there is one that Trump created and contrived.

Because as I stated weeks ago, Trump's ability to manage immigration is hamstrung without changes to the law.  He can't alter the law, just enforce existing law.  I don't want him to declare an emergency, and I certainly don't want him to attempt to create new legal statuses like Obama did.

Republicans have tried to get E-Verify passed for decades.  Your party opposes that.  They are going after people who hire illegals, but when illegals are using stolen identities, you can't fault the employer.  I want businesses that exploit migrants to be punished more than you do, but they have to follow the law too. 

You're free to believe having 22 million people illegally in this country isn't an issue, and that our current laws allow anyone with a child to enter our country essentially unimpeded (and all the child abuses that is associated with it), but you'd be a minority.

That's the key distinction between you and I.  I base my opinion on the information I can find, you just have an opinion and don't bother to validate it through factual observation.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Because as I stated weeks ago, Trump's ability to manage immigration is hamstrung without changes to the law.  He can't alter the law, just enforce existing law.  I don't want him to declare an emergency, and I certainly don't want him to attempt to create new legal statuses like Obama did.

Republicans have tried to get E-Verify passed for decades.  Your party opposes that.  They are going after people who hire illegals, but when illegals are using stolen identities, you can't fault the employer.  I want businesses that exploit migrants to be punished more than you do, but they have to follow the law too. 

You're free to believe having 22 million people illegally in this country isn't an issue, and that our current laws allow anyone with a child to enter our country essentially unimpeded (and all the child abuses that is associated with it), but you'd be a minority.

That's the key distinction between you and I.  I base my opinion on the information I can find, you just have an opinion and don't bother to validate it through factual observation.

Oh I certainly believe there are issues and concerns but not the ones that you and your ilk identify.

Plus the US government is now fine with children dying in their custody and saying...."oh but Obama and the democrats." So...I think everyone is just fine with abuse. This is a show down. And Trump can't look weak if he wants to win again. So you're right...he probably will declare the emergency. I predicted weeks ago that's what he would do.

But this emergency is contrived and it was intended to be that way...create a problem and then proclaim you're the only one that can solve it.

But we're being government by minority rule right now and the precedent you set by just using executive authority subverts democracy. I'm not so confident that the courts will uphold it. Furthermore, Trump's not offering anything in negotiations. I think he's completely hamstrung. He's not allowed to give up any ground by his supporters therefore there is no negotiation to be had.

Even still...his leadership has to come into question after holding the government hostage for 31 days and getting nothing...and then using executive authority to get it done. You can't pretend anymore that this is democracy.

Randall Flagg

He's supported DACA being legislated through congress.  I don't know what else you want.  No one is ok with children dying, but their parents are bringing them thousands of miles and crossing the desert illegally without food or water.  Rather than encouraging/rewarding that behavior by allowing these people to stay in the US once they cross, we should deport them and their children.  You just highlighted the problem of tens of thousands of illegals crossing each month, and the executive lacking the legislative support to provide for them. 

If you took your daughter on a 1500 mile hike in the desert without water, you'd be arrested and your child taken away from you.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

He's supported DACA being legislated through congress.  I don't know what else you want.  No one is ok with children dying, but their parents are bringing them thousands of miles and crossing the desert illegally without food or water.  Rather than encouraging/rewarding that behavior by allowing these people to stay in the US once they cross, we should deport them and their children.  You just highlighted the problem of tens of thousands of illegals crossing each month, and the executive lacking the legislative support to provide for them. 

If you took your daughter on a 1500 mile hike in the desert without water, you'd be arrested and your child taken away from you.

All I'm trying to get at is this has just always stunk to me...the guise of this issue is allegedly about safety and 'America First' (whatever that is). The roots of it contradict this notion. I do not see much evidence of the government going after the people who hire illegals. I don't see much evidence of a crisis other than the one that was contrived. The drama of sending US troop to the border is meant to escalate the situation. The lies about crime going away when we get rid of illegals...shutting down the government and using strong arm tactics to make something happen...

Trump has to do this because the wall is not popular. He is not popular and he represents a minority of the population. He certainly doesn't have the house and it doesn't appear that he really has the Senate on this issue either. The rules of law should be born in Congress.

Trump's in a real pickle (which I enjoy) because this is about winning a battle that's unpopular nationally. The way he has conducted himself is not playing well in the Midwest and the fact that the governorship of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania flipped is not a good sign for Trump at all.

I do not see all of those states going his way again. In fact, I find it quite likely that none of them will.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The largest fentanayl shipment ever was caught.

Wasn't that through a legal point of entry though? Asking for a friend, I have no dog in this fight.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
harmon420 wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The largest fentanayl shipment ever was caught.

Wasn't that through a legal point of entry though? Asking for a friend, I have no dog in this fight.

It was certainly something no wall would’ve stopped if that’s what you’re asking.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

To help the DACA kids, we must seal the border. To issue tax id’s to illegals here, the border must be sealed as good as possible. Once the border is sealed we can issue tax id numbers and get these folks out of the shadows and paying taxes. No amnesty.  But if you don’t seal the border you never know what the hell you have and nobody has an incentive to follow the rules.

Board footer