You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

This past weekend, near my home hometown of Eau Claire, WI....a college student was killed outside of a fast food pizza place after bar close - likely for being a foreigner....

If I was more tech savvy I would share the link but you can look bit up with the keywords UW Stout/Saudi Arabian kid.

This is too close to home and not acceptable in any way.

How many black children were killed by other blacks in your city this weekend?  None of that hit close to home?  I guess if someone of color is killed by someone without clear motive, it's appropriate to assume it was just a vicious hate crime assault.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Trump leads Florida in the real statistics, so all they can do is make up this "poll" to claim that all the Republicans voting isn't really voting for him. The last ditch effort.

haha, now you suddenly like polls again? I thought they were all "skewed"?

College of William and Mary  is "making up" this exit poll? Ummm, OK. roll

Smoking Guns wrote:

Exactly. Early voting is a fucking sham.

What's that even mean? Early voting is democratic.

buzzsaw wrote:

It's as valid as most of the other polls being quoted as fact.

The only poll that matters is the one this coming Tuesday.  If you believe everything you read, that one may not matter either.

I remember guys like you in 2012, before Obama kicked your ass and put the baby to bed before 11 PM. SAD!

If I had to choose between a data collection agency paired with a highly rated American college, or some guy off the internet who thinks he's a genius...guess who I'd tend to believe?

And this should be pointed out to you guys, since you're bad at math and don't like data: Hillary can lose Florida and Ohio and still beat Trump.

Even nutty right wing "Newsmax" is reporting this today:

But TargetSmart's Tom Bonier told MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell on Tuesday night his firm's methodology is more accurate because his pollsters call a random sample of the actual 3.6 million voters who already have cast early ballots and ask them how they cast their ballots, as well as obtain demographic data about them.

Also noted in this early voter exit polling is that these same Republicans voted GOP down ticket, just not for POTUS.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This past weekend, near my home hometown of Eau Claire, WI....a college student was killed outside of a fast food pizza place after bar close - likely for being a foreigner....

If I was more tech savvy I would share the link but you can look bit up with the keywords UW Stout/Saudi Arabian kid.

This is too close to home and not acceptable in any way.

How many black children were killed by other blacks in your city this weekend?  None of that hit close to home?  I guess if someone of color is killed by someone without clear motive, it's appropriate to assume it was just a vicious hate crime assault.

Never mind...you've convinced me....that foreign exchange student should not be cared for....

Probably got what he deserved....

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Well thanks for coming along and fucking my post up. Might as well delete is now.

Pay attention.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Early voting has too much chance to be manipulated and used to suppress votes by the media saying shit like "Democratic voters are way up in Florida, great news for the Clinton campaign"... I find sharing inaccurate polling results harms the integrity of the vote. What I prefer is a 3 day voting window so everyone can go but also the whole country is voting at the same time. Some people were voting before the final debate. Some people now want to change their vote from Hillary to Trump after the FBI news. Who is "protecting" these votes. There is more chance to fraud when you have these huge  voting windows... more time for people to come up with shady shit or vote two times etc. So again, I would make one day Holliday, and then have 2 more additional days. You can still absentee vote as well. That is what I would do. Make the whole country on the same page.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Trump leads Florida in the real statistics, so all they can do is make up this "poll" to claim that all the Republicans voting isn't really voting for him. The last ditch effort.

haha, now you suddenly like polls again? I thought they were all "skewed"?

Real statistics. Ballots returned.

College of William and Mary  is "making up" this exit poll? Ummm, OK. roll

Yeah, like that ABC poll you posted recently showing Hillary +12. Trump is now +1 in that very same poll. That lead for Hillary was obviously bs to begin with, and the subsequent swing for Trump statistically impossible = fake poll.

This new one likely is as well.

polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's as valid as most of the other polls being quoted as fact.

You might be right about that:

https://s18.postimg.org/9lqzohcix/m_FVx_DV.jpg

m_FVx_DV.jpg

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Well thanks for coming along and fucking my post up. Might as well delete is now.

Pay attention.

Should be fixed now.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

God damn, politics are dirty. Another October surprise?

Woman who accused Donald Trump of rape at 13 to come forward, reveal identity and talk about lawsuit.

And before anyone says this was dismissed before, it was clerical/technical issues, not based on evidence.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl … 94356.html

"The woman who accused Donald Trump of child sex abuse is expected to speak out for the first time since filing a lawsuit against the Republican presidential nominee.

Mr Trump has faced numerous sexual assault allegations following the release of audio that captured him bragging about groping and kissing women without their consent. In the last month of his presidential campaign, Mr Trump was accused of sexual misconduct by nearly a dozen women.

First reported over the summer, Jane Doe alleges that Mr Trump raped her at a 1994 party at a New York apartment belonging to Jeffrey Epstein – a billionaire investor convicted of soliciting an underage prostitute in 2008.

She is expected to hold a press conference in Los Angeles Wednesday afternoon.

"More than four months ago a woman using the pseudonym 'Jane Doe' sued DT for a series of sexual assaults that she alleges occurred at parties in New York in 1994. Jane Doe was just 13 years old at the time," a statement from the law offices of Lisa Bloom reads. " Jane Doe will break her silence today and speak out about her allegations."

The woman who accused Donald Trump of child sex abuse is expected to speak out for the first time since filing a lawsuit against the Republican presidential nominee.

Mr Trump has faced numerous sexual assault allegations following the release of audio that captured him bragging about groping and kissing women without their consent. In the last month of his presidential campaign, Mr Trump was accused of sexual misconduct by nearly a dozen women.
The sexual assault claims against Donald Trump

9 show all

First reported over the summer, Jane Doe alleges that Mr Trump raped her at a 1994 party at a New York apartment belonging to Jeffrey Epstein – a billionaire investor convicted of soliciting an underage prostitute in 2008.

She is expected to hold a press conference in Los Angeles Wednesday afternoon.

"More than four months ago a woman using the pseudonym 'Jane Doe' sued DT for a series of sexual assaults that she alleges occurred at parties in New York in 1994. Jane Doe was just 13 years old at the time," a statement from the law offices of Lisa Bloom reads. " Jane Doe will break her silence today and speak out about her allegations."

Cheney Mason, an attorney representing Jane Doe, filed a complaint in New York court and said that Mr Trump will have to face these allegations while under oath.

"This case, based on the sworn declarations of the victim and two corroborating witnesses, will be tried in court, where the defendants will be required to answer questions under oath and pursuant to the rules of evidence," Mr Mason said in a statement.

Mr Mason filed two witness statements on behalf of women identified as Joan Doe and Tiffany Doe in support of the New York businessman's accuser.

Joan Doe said that Jane Doe shared her accounts of the alleged assault a few months after she said they occurred between 1994 and 1995, according to court documents.

Tiffany Doe claims she acted as a "recruiter" to find young women and girls for Epstein's apartment parties. She claims to have witnessed Mr Trump rape the accuser multiple times.

Mr Trump has vigorously denied the claims.

"The allegations are reckless, irresponsible and categorically untrue," said his attorney, Alan Garten.

Additionally, Mr Garten called the allegations "an obvious publicity stunt aimed at smearing my client".

AtariLegend wrote:

His chances have risen by alot other the past week. I guess pollux's dream of a hate fulled Armageddon might actually happen.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 … -forecast/

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

The hyperbole is quite extraordinary. 16

At worst he'll be a lame duck. I've said it before, it's not an election for dictator.

Board footer