You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

The democrat i like the best if they were to run is Eric Swalwell (sp) from California. He actually seems like a smart, reasonable person.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Did I miss mitch's AOC corruption outrage?  I don't follow this every day, but I assume since he's so against corruption that he posted about it.

It’s funny that you’d even notice corruption anywhere....ever....

I didn't post anything about it because it's commonplace among all politicians regardless of party, but you just posted about how you hate corruption in the last couple days, so I wanted to make sure you weren't a hypocrite since it involved your party.  It's amazing how many politicians get rich for doing nothing other than being politicians...

I’m not sure what you’d expect- especially after citizens united....remember when jimmy carter got rid of his peanut farm as to dispel even the slightest notion that he’d be corrupt?

He’s considered a bad president- especially this day and age.

Trumps selling MAGA hats while in office that are made in China while putting tariffs on China.

That’s fucked up.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Did we miss that Eric Holder isn’t running. Flagg, I think he might have been your guy? Someone was talking about him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ It was Flagg, not knocking him. That one always seemed like left field to me. Interesting choice, but never quite made sense as a Prez candidate. Possibly would run in an effort to be a VP choice, ultimately tho I never thought he would nor would have much success.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Yea, I saw he quietly declined to run a couple weeks ago. Still think he would have been a heavyweight. Liberal, but not full retard liberal. Actually has real world experience and accomplishments, and didn’t personally prosecute thousands of minorities like Harris did. I don’t believe a white man can win the DNC primary with the exception of Biden, and even he’ll struggle. There’s a huge chasm between AOC and Connor Lamb in the DNC. Few will  be able to break that chasm.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Interesting. From what I recall of him he lacks the charisma or hype-man ability thats needed. Sorta straightforward, but over time it coulda worked.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Interesting. From what I recall of him he lacks the charisma or hype-man ability thats needed. Sorta straightforward, but over time it coulda worked.

That’s the path to victory- a boring Democrat if we can hold the party together

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:

I think he had charisma, though he was no Obama. But I’m operating under the assumption the American public will vote for any sane candidate that isn’t pushing some crazy agenda that will alienate middle America. Holder could do that and could go toe to toe with Trump. Warren lacks charisma as does Harris, and they’re both pitching extreme policies. “Build the wall” isn’t an extreme position regardless of what mainstream media says. Deporting every illegal or making them all citizens is extreme.

The sad part is Biden said the truth 20 and 40 years ago in the remarks that have recently resurfaced. If he sticks to that and points out how full of shit Trump is, he wins the general by a landslide. Someone who supports the green new deal won’t survive the general.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I think he had charisma, though he was no Obama. But I’m operating under the assumption the American public will vote for any sane candidate that isn’t pushing some crazy agenda that will alienate middle America. Holder could do that and could go toe to toe with Trump. Warren lacks charisma as does Harris, and they’re both pitching extreme policies. “Build the wall” isn’t an extreme position regardless of what mainstream media says. Deporting every illegal or making them all citizens is extreme.

The sad part is Biden said the truth 20 and 40 years ago in the remarks that have recently resurfaced. If he sticks to that and points out how full of shit Trump is, he wins the general by a landslide. Someone who supports the green new deal won’t survive the general.

Building the wall is an extreme position. That’s why both houses of Congress pushed it away.

Progressives are going to do their job of dragging you all forward kicking and screaming. Walls are expensive. Technology is cheap.

Randall Flagg

It's a shame this thread has become the defacto thread for all things in the current discussion, but with that in mind,  I'm glad to hear Disney hired James Gunn back.  This shit of trying to find dirt on anything someone has ever done to "punish" them for saying something contemporary we dislike, needs to end.  It's the same thing with any person of moderate fame who is threatened by the twitter mobs who somehow have convinced corporations to take their complaints seriously.  Louis CK is still funny, Kevin Hart is still allowed to make movies, and Carlson doesn't get kicked off Fox because he called in to Bubba years ago.  They tried to bully Stern into releasing the stupid shit Trump said on his show in the interest of good radio, and Stern told them to get fucked.

Right wing dipshits trying to harm Gunn because losers on the left make a hobby of this behavior, wasn't ok and Disney are the ones who walk away from this looking like assholes.

Board footer