You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It's a shame this thread has become the defacto thread for all things in the current discussion, but with that in mind,  I'm glad to hear Disney hired James Gunn back.  This shit of trying to find dirt on anything someone has ever done to "punish" them for saying something contemporary we dislike, needs to end.  It's the same thing with any person of moderate fame who is threatened by the twitter mobs who somehow have convinced corporations to take their complaints seriously.  Louis CK is still funny, Kevin Hart is still allowed to make movies, and Carlson doesn't get kicked off Fox because he called in to Bubba years ago.  They tried to bully Stern into releasing the stupid shit Trump said on his show in the interest of good radio, and Stern told them to get fucked.

Right wing dipshits trying to harm Gunn because losers on the left make a hobby of this behavior, wasn't ok and Disney are the ones who walk away from this looking like assholes.

It’s not going to end until Trump is no longer President. This is the era he ushered in with his style of politics.

Look at today....trump immediately dismisses the will of Congress. There is no middle ground...you either take a side or you’re forgetten.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

Andrew Yang qualified for the June debates.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar … 693316.php

I hope his message is able to reach people. He’s the only one focused on the real threat.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 194049002/

And now half the country sees the Russian truthers have crossed a line. I’m glad to see that Cohen and Manafort’s convictions have proven to half of us the Steele dossier paid for by Clinton was a farce.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Andrew Yang qualified for the June debates.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/ar … 693316.php

I hope his message is able to reach people. He’s the only one focused on the real threat.


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 194049002/

And now half the country sees the Russian truthers have crossed a line. I’m glad to see that Cohen and Manafort’s convictions have proven to half of us the Steele dossier paid for by Clinton was a farce.

I stopped reading at ‘freedom dividend.’

The real irony is Nixon was impeached for less - which basically means we accept as Americans that there are no rules.

PaSnow
 Rep: 190 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Crazy. I at a business seminar and just last week the speaker mentioned, in time, this is where we'll go. Its more a safety net for ppl out of work due to AI, automation, imports & outsourcing etc.  Just ppl who cant learn new skill sets, work in factories ajd rural areas etc that eventually just cant find work. Universal Base Income he called it.

Surprised me, but made sense I suppose. I mean, the robots will do all the work for amazon, and amazon will kill off all the brick & mortar retail and shopping.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Crazy. I videostream CPA/accounting continuing education and just last week the speaker mentioned, in time, this is where we'll go. Its more a safety net for ppl out of work due to AI, automation, imports & outsourcing etc.  Just ppl who cant learn new skill sets, work in factories ajd rural areas etc that eventually just cant find work. Universal Base Income he called it.

Surprised me, but made sense I suppose. I mean, the robots will do all the work for amazon, and amazon will kill off all the brick & mortar retail and shopping.

You really think the crowd who hates Medicaid, social security and all the other state and federal social programs that act as a safety net is ever going to allow it?

They’d rather have people die off and population to go down.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Someone please explain to me why the fuck so many Republicans ran on the premise that Obama was running up the deficit....now the privileged white man is president and it’s ok to have deficits now?!?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trum … 33045.html

slcpunk
 Rep: 155 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Someone please explain to me why the fuck so many Republicans ran on the premise that Obama was running up the deficit....now the privileged white man is president and it’s ok to have deficits now?!?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trum … 33045.html

Think you'll get a straight answer? lol

Anybody see that Nunes is suing Twitter? Reminds me of another snowflake I know, who also likes to threaten the use of lawyers when his precious little feelings are hurt.

Are there any group of people more pathetic than the GOP at this point? Their "victory" is that Trump's campaign manager is going to prison for a shorter term than recommended, even with 16+ more state charges in the pipeline. They're bragging about this. Furthermore they are STILL claiming "no collusion" even though we have evidence on its face and the investigation is on going. No report has been submitted that we are aware of yet. But here they are, claiming victory.

So Mitch, you ask why they don't give a shit about fiscal responsibility suddenly? They are complicit in the criminality of the executive branch en masse. They give fuck all about deficits and they don't care about the law, the COTUS or freedom of speech. Trump's still going at McCain, a fucking war hero! Nary a peep from the GOP. The "real Americans"  and the macho constituency who love the military, stand quietly as this draft dodging softy bashes a POW hero.  I've said it before and I'l stand by it, the GOP stand for nothing.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Someone please explain to me why the fuck so many Republicans ran on the premise that Obama was running up the deficit....now the privileged white man is president and it’s ok to have deficits now?!?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trum … 33045.html

Think you'll get a straight answer? lol

Anybody see that Nunes is suing Twitter? Reminds me of another snowflake I know, who also likes to threaten the use of lawyers when his precious little feelings are hurt.

Are there any group of people more pathetic than the GOP at this point? Their "victory" is that Trump's campaign manager is going to prison for a shorter term than recommended, even with 16+ more state charges in the pipeline. They're bragging about this. Furthermore they are STILL claiming "no collusion" even though we have evidence on its face and the investigation is on going. No report has been submitted that we are aware of yet. But here they are, claiming victory.

So Mitch, you ask why they don't give a shit about fiscal responsibility suddenly? They are complicit in the criminality of the executive branch en masse. They give fuck all about deficits and they don't care about the law, the COTUS or freedom of speech. Trump's still going at McCain, a fucking war hero! Nary a peep from the GOP. The "real Americans"  and the macho constituency who love the military, stand quietly as this draft dodging softy bashes a POW hero.  I've said it before and I'l stand by it, the GOP stand for nothing.

Despite all this...no one can tell me in a few sentences or less how we are better off...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 424 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

The saddest part about all of this is you think the Dems stand for something and aren't equally complicit in everything that is going wrong in the US government.  You're so close...you have half of the equation figured out, but like so many you're blind to the rest of it.  You want so badly to believe in something...

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The saddest part about all of this is you think the Dems stand for something and aren't equally complicit in everything that is going wrong in the US government.  You're so close...you have half of the equation figured out, but like so many you're blind to the rest of it.  You want so badly to believe in something...

I can at least point to a handful of things Dems did that actually helped me...I can't point to any with the Repubs. Not one thing...none of this hysteria over the border, none of this bluster from this piece of shit human being who deserves the absolute worst in life...none of it.

I am not thrilled with the choices I have for Democratic nominee...I wasn't thrilled about Hillary. But I feel like there's only one political party that even remotely comes close to wooing me in any way.

I am so done with the system that makes Trump fatter, uglier, richer and more powerful. He does literally nothing but bully people with lousy business practices, his inherited money, and saves money by hiring sketchy lawyers and unethical accountants to fudge documents for him.

Why so many in this country are willing to make immigrants the issues while not seeing the whole segment of the population that makes themselves filthy rich like this is beyond me.

Quite honestly, the only thing that gets me through it is those knuckle dragging blue collar, evangelicals are falling farther behind while they cheer on this dipstick and this stupid fucking wall. They suffer a little more each year. And they fucking deserve it.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB