You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Nothing is going to happen to Trump. LET IT GO. Nothing will happen to Jesse Smolette either. And I don’t give a shot about Aunt Becky, I don’t want her to go to jail.

The President was under investigation, fired the head of the FBI, and attempted to fire the lead investigator, and had his press secretary lie about it to the press.

Im glad you have no problems with that.

He will not be removed from office so anything less is a waste of discussing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Nothing is going to happen to Trump. LET IT GO. Nothing will happen to Jesse Smolette either. And I don’t give a shot about Aunt Becky, I don’t want her to go to jail.

The President was under investigation, fired the head of the FBI, and attempted to fire the lead investigator, and had his press secretary lie about it to the press.

Who said they have no problems with that?

What I have a problem with are people like you who spread conspiracies about collusion for two years, and refuse to acknowledge how horribly wrong and damaging they were. That your conspiracy led to an investigation based on a lie Trump knew to be false. Can you imagine having an investigation into collusion with Russia being launched against you because your opponent colluded with Russia to create a conspiracy that you colluded with Russia?

You’ve already moved on to obstruction and refuse to acknowledge that any potential obstruction was to end the bogus investigation into collusion you helped spread. You’re the person literally doing Russia’s bidding, and you’re completely ignorant of it. The gaul.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who said they have no problems with that?

What I have a problem with are people like you who spread conspiracies about collusion for two years, and refuse to acknowledge how horribly wrong and damaging they were. That your conspiracy led to an investigation based on a lie Trump knew to be false. Can you imagine having an investigation into collusion with Russia being launched against you because your opponent colluded with Russia to create a conspiracy that you colluded with Russia?

You’ve already moved on to obstruction and refuse to acknowledge that any potential obstruction was to end the bogus investigation into collusion you helped spread. You’re the person literally doing Russia’s bidding, and you’re completely ignorant of it. The gaul.

They sick in the head. Let them be

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ I'm thinking Mitch might be right on his 70% redactions prediction. Maddow brought up a Barr '89 move where he made his own summary for HW Bush and covered up handling of Noriega & Panama. It was held from the public for like 5 years then leaked. Nowadays it won't make it that long & would likely leak within months or weeks imho.

Another PA Snow prediction that turned out to be completely wrong.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

^^ I'm thinking Mitch might be right on his 70% redactions prediction. Maddow brought up a Barr '89 move where he made his own summary for HW Bush and covered up handling of Noriega & Panama. It was held from the public for like 5 years then leaked. Nowadays it won't make it that long & would likely leak within months or weeks imho.

Another PA Snow prediction that turned out to be completely wrong.

Yeah i was gonna post admitting that.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Think about this, Trump asked WH counsel McGahn Sessions & Reince Priebus to obstruct.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

look at all the panic the truth is causing........

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Think about this, Trump asked WH counsel McGahn Sessions & Reince Priebus to obstruct.

On a crime so serious they'd resign before they'd act on it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the reason this is a problem, and by problem I mean a problem for you and not a problem for me.  For months if not years I have been telling you nothing is going to come of this.  We know Trump is a sleazeball.  We know he fired people and others quit.  A lot of them.  We know a bunch of people got questioned and indicted on a bunch of different things not related to what the whole point of the investigation was supposed to be.  All of that is bad and reflects poorly on Trump and the US.  I don't think anyone here has denied any of that.

What's bad is for years you've been promising something was going to happen.  It didn't.  For years you've been promising collusion proof.  There is none.  For years you said this was all worth it.  It wasn't.  It told us stuff we already knew for the most part and the things we didn't know don't really matter.  None of this accomplished anything, yet you guys still sit here today thinking there's more to come.  There isn't.  If there was, Mueller would have had a press conference or something would have leaked.  You got the gist of it and it's nothing that you thought it was going to be.  Maybe there's a detail here and there yet to be released, but it wouldn't change the overall context that Trump is sleazy and everyone knew it already.  He didn't get elected because he's pure at heart.  He didn't get elected to set a positive example.  He got elected because he wasn't Hillary, and that alone was good enough for a lot of people, including many Democrats that didn't bother to show up after she stole the nomination from their golden boy Bernie.  One voting base rallied and the other didn't.  That's it.  To this day, it doesn't seem that you even understand that much less why those things happened...and all that does is increase the odds of Trump winning again.  You better hope the economy tanks hard because if it doesn't, I'm not sure things are looking any better for the near future...especially if creepy Joe is the knight on the white horse.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the reason this is a problem, and by problem I mean a problem for you and not a problem for me.  For months if not years I have been telling you nothing is going to come of this.  We know Trump is a sleazeball.  We know he fired people and others quit.  A lot of them.  We know a bunch of people got questioned and indicted on a bunch of different things not related to what the whole point of the investigation was supposed to be.  All of that is bad and reflects poorly on Trump and the US.  I don't think anyone here has denied any of that.

What's bad is for years you've been promising something was going to happen.  It didn't.  For years you've been promising collusion proof.  There is none.  For years you said this was all worth it.  It wasn't.  It told us stuff we already knew for the most part and the things we didn't know don't really matter.  None of this accomplished anything, yet you guys still sit here today thinking there's more to come.  There isn't.  If there was, Mueller would have had a press conference or something would have leaked.  You got the gist of it and it's nothing that you thought it was going to be.  Maybe there's a detail here and there yet to be released, but it wouldn't change the overall context that Trump is sleazy and everyone knew it already.  He didn't get elected because he's pure at heart.  He didn't get elected to set a positive example.  He got elected because he wasn't Hillary, and that alone was good enough for a lot of people, including many Democrats that didn't bother to show up after she stole the nomination from their golden boy Bernie.  One voting base rallied and the other didn't.  That's it.  To this day, it doesn't seem that you even understand that much less why those things happened...and all that does is increase the odds of Trump winning again.  You better hope the economy tanks hard because if it doesn't, I'm not sure things are looking any better for the near future...especially if creepy Joe is the knight on the white horse.

The problem for you is that there was never any amount of evidence that would convince you. To say there’s no evidence is quite a leap.

Board footer