You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

The sky isn't falling until you open your other eye.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I can already see the republican senates line of questioning:

Senate: thank you mr trump, for being here today. Are you comfortable? Can we get you anything?

Don Jr: I’m fine thank you.

Senate: ok, let’s get started. In 2017 you gave some testimony under oath, do you recall that, sir?

Don Jr: I’m sorry no i do not recall that.

Senate: you do not recall giving testimony?

Don Jr: no i can’t say that i do.

Senate: hmm...well we can’t ooss hold you to something you don’t remember.

Don Jr: suppose not.

Senate: what would you say your favorite color is?

Don Jr: I’d have to say green.

Senate: no further questions

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Buzz, I'm not quoting your post because it's a page or so back, but I totally agree with most of what you say about healthcare. It's screwed up. I don't have an answer. I do know that I think the cost of health care, drugs, rooms, even getting an education that gets you into the industry is incredibly overpriced and rising at astonishing rates. Why? I wish I knew.

I don't have a suggested plan. Universal healthcare? Sounds good. Who pays? We all do with higher taxes. I don't think dismantling what we have without giving the people who rely on it something else is wise. COBRA is laughingly expensive, and that's what many of my friends have had to do before the ACA.

You clearly have a much more intimate look at this topic with a deeper knowledge. I can only speak to what my dozens of laid off friends and family members have gone through. It's been shitty and as you say probably will remain so.

I do know a lot about it, but I don't know everything, and admittedly I have my biases because I see things from a point of view that may not be a popular point of view.  Here's what I do know...the government can't do anything efficiently.  Ask a veteran about their VA experiences for example.  I don't trust them to be able to effectively run healthcare.  I know some disagree with that, but I've seen nothing that even hints they can do it.

How can you say this and call for price fixing? That is the definition of government getting involved.

Quite frankly I’m tired of this argument because it is so poorly thought out. OK government has a history of not running things very well, why does that imply or even serve as proof that the private sector is doing a good job? All the private sector serves to do is to accumulate more and more wealth in certain pockets of the country. Most of us continue to fall further and further behind. The goal is not to make sure we’re all fed and healthy and happy, the goal is to squeeze us until we submit.  Until we submit into indentured servitude. Until were all willing to work for the absolute bare minimum.

So yeah, when someone tells me the government isn’t running things right, then I look at the private sector and its like well it ain’t too great over here either.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Buzz, I'm not quoting your post because it's a page or so back, but I totally agree with most of what you say about healthcare. It's screwed up. I don't have an answer. I do know that I think the cost of health care, drugs, rooms, even getting an education that gets you into the industry is incredibly overpriced and rising at astonishing rates. Why? I wish I knew.

I don't have a suggested plan. Universal healthcare? Sounds good. Who pays? We all do with higher taxes. I don't think dismantling what we have without giving the people who rely on it something else is wise. COBRA is laughingly expensive, and that's what many of my friends have had to do before the ACA.

You clearly have a much more intimate look at this topic with a deeper knowledge. I can only speak to what my dozens of laid off friends and family members have gone through. It's been shitty and as you say probably will remain so.

I do know a lot about it, but I don't know everything, and admittedly I have my biases because I see things from a point of view that may not be a popular point of view.  Here's what I do know...the government can't do anything efficiently.  Ask a veteran about their VA experiences for example.  I don't trust them to be able to effectively run healthcare.  I know some disagree with that, but I've seen nothing that even hints they can do it.

How can you say this and call for price fixing? That is the definition of government getting involved.

Quite frankly I’m tired of this argument because it is so poorly thought out. OK government has a history of not running things very well, why does that imply or even serve as proof that the private sector is doing a good job? All the private sector serves to do is to accumulate more and more wealth in certain pockets of the country. Most of us continue to fall further and further behind. The goal is not to make sure we’re all fed and healthy and happy, the goal is to squeeze us until we submit.  Until we submit into indentured servitude. Until were all willing to work for the absolute bare minimum.

So yeah, when someone tells me the government isn’t running things right, then I look at the private sector and its like well it ain’t too great over here either.

Well since I didn't call for price fixing, I'm going to skip the rest of your post as I'm sure it reflects an equal lack of reading comprehension.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-dems-now … 25168.html

All but 2 sentences and 7 partial sentences of the Mueller report have been made available to the leaders of the house and senate. Of the 9 democrats with access, not a single one has chosen to view the document.

That context should be considered before parroting talking points of a constitutional crisis.

9 sentences have been omitted, and they haven’t even bothered to show up and read it.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think the solution has to start with controlling costs...any meaningful solution at least.

You’re right...i misinterpreted this i guess.

The problem will always be that quality health care is expensive and no one wants to pay for it but everyone wants it.

The private sector produced surgeons who used rusty saws in surgery and doctors who prescribed shots of whiskey.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

LOL @ these people attending Trump rallies cheering on the raising of tarriff's on China.  Half of them buy the cheapest garbage they can find at Walmart, of which are mostly Made In China and prices will go up.  The other half are farmers who likely export a good amount of their product to China, of which less will be bought & consumed by China.

So, they'll earn less, and spend more.  Yet they think "We'll win!!!" because we're not china, so the US wins, right?

Meanwhile the Dow has dropped 1,000 points in a week strictly on this news alone.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

LOL @ these people attending Trump rallies cheering on the raising of tarriff's on China.  Half of them buy the cheapest garbage they can find at Walmart, of which are mostly Made In China and prices will go up.  The other half are farmers who likely export a good amount of their product to China, of which less will be bought & consumed by China.

So, they'll earn less, and spend more.  Yet they think "We'll win!!!" because we're not china, so the US wins, right?

Meanwhile the Dow has dropped 1,000 points in a week strictly on this news alone.

This is exactly why i laugh at these rabid people everyday.

Also, this is what happens when it’s a cult of personality type. You cheer everything regardless of their affects on you.

These people deserve to suffer for this blind support.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Honest question:  Does anyone else feel it's occasionally somewhat implied that the russian lawyer who met with Trump & Kush & all might have been a setup?  Almost like a sting operation setup by the Feds. 

I've gotten that impression once or twice, and can't quite get a grasp on it.  If it was, I can't imagine her being much welcomed back in Russia.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think the solution has to start with controlling costs...any meaningful solution at least.

You’re right...i misinterpreted this i guess.

The problem will always be that quality health care is expensive and no one wants to pay for it but everyone wants it.

The private sector produced surgeons who used rusty saws in surgery and doctors who prescribed shots of whiskey.

When was this?  Last year?  Last week?

If you're not interested in a discussion, just skip it like all the other topics you don't have an answer for.  This isn't an easy subject anyway, so you're probably better off sticking to trump is orange posts.

Board footer