You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

It’s Biden’s to lose. Whether that’s good or bad depends on how progressive you want to go.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Anyone other than Biden or Sanders will be an epic ass whipping by Trump.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Pete and Harris are going to really take it to Biden in the debates. Maybe even Warren. Sanders is really overrated. He gets rattled really easily. Hillary cleaned his clock in every debate, imo. People just really, really hated her.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

To me it all depends on two factors. Can the Democrats unite around a moderate candidate, and can Trump go another 18 months with a good economy and no real scandals. Collusion’s already been forgotten and now it’s trying to create a narrative on obstruction from the Mueller report or the debate between the House and the Executive. I don’t see either opinion swaying voters from their current position.

If the Democrats can nominate a non-divisive candidate, you can easily get voters out, and more votes means a Democratic winner.

I think Biden is their best bet in defeating Trump. Sanders is a coin toss at best, because he’s going to solidify any moderate and conservative to Trump on policy. Florida’s governor race last year shows a Sanders doesn’t do well against a Trump.

But Biden has enormous baggage, and the party can’t survive if the AOC branch of the party labels Biden a bigot and goes to a protest vote. I don’t think Pelosi and Schumer can keep their base in line, after Harris and Warren get desperate and draw first blood using Twitter mindsets. Clinton couldn’t unite the party, I hope Biden can.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

To me it all depends on two factors. Can the Democrats unite around a moderate candidate, and can Trump go another 18 months with a good economy and no real scandals. Collusion’s already been forgotten and now it’s trying to create a narrative on obstruction from the Mueller report or the debate between the House and the Executive. I don’t see either opinion swaying voters from their current position.

If the Democrats can nominate a non-divisive candidate, you can easily get voters out, and more votes means a Democratic winner.

I think Biden is their best bet in defeating Trump. Sanders is a coin toss at best, because he’s going to solidify any moderate and conservative to Trump on policy. Florida’s governor race last year shows a Sanders doesn’t do well against a Trump.

But Biden has enormous baggage, and the party can’t survive if the AOC branch of the party labels Biden a bigot and goes to a protest vote. I don’t think Pelosi and Schumer can keep their base in line, after Harris and Warren get desperate and draw first blood using Twitter mindsets. Clinton couldn’t unite the party, I hope Biden can.

Nobody in this crop will be trump. I was just saying Biden and Bernie would put up a better fight.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Nobody in this crop will be trump. I was just saying Biden and Bernie would put up a better fight.

I wouldn’t be so sure...even though i am also not thrilled with these candidates, trumps approval rating in swing states is pretty lousy. The right campaign could make a big difference...like someone who actually sets foot in those states

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It’s Biden’s to lose. Whether that’s good or bad depends on how progressive you want to go.

I think it would be foolish to rule anyone out yet. I don’t know enough about Beto to accept or deny him. Any democrat who garners that much of the Texas vote cannot be denied.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Beto is done.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Beto is done.

Maybe...I’ll decide in the primary if he makes it that far. If i decide it’s wirth voting anymore that is...2018 was the first one i skipped since i was eligible.

Again, any democrat that can garner that kind of support in Texas is worth a look.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Also...did anyone see trumps meltdown yesterday...was that really an unscheduled appearance where he just ranted?

Board footer