You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

He's real. At one time he was actually concerned he was coming off too abrasively.

I really love Pelosi's smackdown of AOC and her band of nitwits. She's right though, they're so powerful no one followed them on their mutiny of the boarder funding bill. Honestly, why is the press giving AOC a pass? Palin was literally called a bimbo without anyone blinking an eye. She was constantly called an idiot, for one, because she couldn't make a newspaper she read. AOC didn't know there were three branches of government and thought Congress just wrote and passed bills on their own. I mean, she's a moron.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think a key difference is Palin carried herself a bit among the intellectually elite as if she was a law school grad with a thorough understanding of a constitutional law and just a bit hoity toity kinda like "I'm here, and therefore I'm smarter than you"

I don't get that with AOC. She admits she was a waitress & bartender & is proud of it. Honestly I think she's a bit propped up by aides (Congressional Testimonies) & given things to say at times etc, but its when she goes off course or rogue she gets into trouble.

Still, I find that to be a crucial difference in the two, moreso than R v D.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

AOC represents the logic and drive of the modern Democratic party and leftist politics in this country.  Yea, she's cooky and says a lot of retarded shit  But she's sure of herself and feels like she's somehow making a difference being a complete dipshit that those in power regularly acknowledge.  She's the uninformed, but passionate liberal. 

Pelosi needs these people.  They vote for Democrats, so paying lipservice to absurd notions like gender fluidity and #metoo is a farce democrats will parrot to get the AOC's to show up in the polls.  As you said, the Republicans do the same sleazy thing with the Tea Party dipshits via Palin previously, and I can't think of anyone more full of shit than Trump.  People who take his rhetoric seriously and support it are just as bad as the people who feign outrage at every tweet.

It's all populism, pure and simple.  No side is better than the other at it.  Only nutters protest in the street.  How many of you have attended a rally for a social cause in the past 3 years?  I mean actually march in one or demonstrate - not casually observe from a safe distance as I often do.  People who protest are generally not very well informed.  Whether it was Occupy Wall Street or "Keep your government hands off my medicare", it was filled with stupid people.  The only smart people in any of these events, are the actual leaders and organizers, because they realize an angry mob is a powerful platform for their personal agenda.  Loud mouths on the internet who recite this nonsense from the comfort of their chair are just angry, bitter people who need an outlet to vent their frustration that the world doesn't align to their view.  Twitter is a cesspool, and any media outlet that cites it as an indicator of public opinion is a fraud. 

We are objectively better than we were 10 years ago - to say nothing of who deserves credit if anyone does.  Our quality of life is the best it's ever been in history.  And yet people want to get distracted and pretend they give a fuck about migrants they see on television living in better conditions than they were 6 months ago.  We all know the world isn't going to end in 12 years.  None of these people on the extremes offer a practical solution.  It's just passionate drivel that makes them feel like they're a good person - a better person than you - because they said some words.  You can see it a few posts up, someone claiming to be a better human being because they have an opinion on something they've not enacted a calorie of labor to manifest into reality.  This is what AOC represents, and why she's different than Palin.

No one took Palin serious after the 2008 election; arguably months earlier.  Once Palin opened her mouth to the world, anyone with an IQ over 100 and every personality on TV recognized she was a mouthpiece for uneducated, white conservatives who had the internet and cable telling them east coast liberals were coming to their farm to tell them how to live.    CNN wasn't running segments on how credible Palin was.  The Washington Post wasn't writing articles in support of whatever stupid agenda Palin offered between shopping sprees and raising a bunch of shitty, spoiled kids.  Palin wasn't taken seriously, so she could say retarded shit and we all knew it was just gibberish.  Now AOC can tweet her New Green Deal that would cost the GDP of the planet several times over within 10 years, and she's treated as credible in the mainstream media.  It was just a couple months ago every candidate for 2020 was pledging support for the fucking thing. 

Remember when the most outrageous thing Palin said as a "leader" was using bullseyes on vulnerable democratic districts for 2010?  The mainstream media feigned outrage at the absurdity of using a target symbol which was supposed to represent condoning murdering democratic candidates in cold blood.  Compare that to the antisemitic and absolute nonsense that comes from our 4 youngest and most intelligent female representatives every single day.   

The left can't win the debate intellectually.  You can't support the immigration, education, medical, and taxation policies of the Democratic frontrunners, and claim to have any foot in reality.  A 70% income tax on the wealthy isn't going to pass congress.  We're not going to welcome millions of illiterate migrants into this country and provide them with medicine and housing.  Free college for all isn't going to happen.  No rational person can believe any of this can happen between 2020 and 2024, using the legislative process.  So they've made a moral one, and you're now a bad person if you don't support the lunacy of their propositions that have no chance in every becoming real.  That's what AOC is, she's someone to tell people if they're good or bad based on how quickly and devoutly they spout utter nonsense.  Palin just spouted utter nonsense.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

AOC represents the logic and drive of the modern Democratic party and leftist politics in this country.  Yea, she's cooky and says a lot of retarded shit  But she's sure of herself and feels like she's somehow making a difference being a complete dipshit that those in power regularly acknowledge.  She's the uninformed, but passionate liberal. 

Pelosi needs these people.  They vote for Democrats, so paying lipservice to absurd notions like gender fluidity and #metoo is a farce democrats will parrot to get the AOC's to show up in the polls.  As you said, the Republicans do the same sleazy thing with the Tea Party dipshits via Palin previously, and I can't think of anyone more full of shit than Trump.  People who take his rhetoric seriously and support it are just as bad as the people who feign outrage at every tweet.

It's all populism, pure and simple.  No side is better than the other at it.  Only nutters protest in the street.  How many of you have attended a rally for a social cause in the past 3 years?  I mean actually march in one or demonstrate - not casually observe from a safe distance as I often do.  People who protest are generally not very well informed.  Whether it was Occupy Wall Street or "Keep your government hands off my medicare", it was filled with stupid people.  The only smart people in any of these events, are the actual leaders and organizers, because they realize an angry mob is a powerful platform for their personal agenda.  Loud mouths on the internet who recite this nonsense from the comfort of their chair are just angry, bitter people who need an outlet to vent their frustration that the world doesn't align to their view.  Twitter is a cesspool, and any media outlet that cites it as an indicator of public opinion is a fraud. 

We are objectively better than we were 10 years ago - to say nothing of who deserves credit if anyone does.  Our quality of life is the best it's ever been in history.  And yet people want to get distracted and pretend they give a fuck about migrants they see on television living in better conditions than they were 6 months ago.  We all know the world isn't going to end in 12 years.  None of these people on the extremes offer a practical solution.  It's just passionate drivel that makes them feel like they're a good person - a better person than you - because they said some words.  You can see it a few posts up, someone claiming to be a better human being because they have an opinion on something they've not enacted a calorie of labor to manifest into reality.  This is what AOC represents, and why she's different than Palin.

No one took Palin serious after the 2008 election; arguably months earlier.  Once Palin opened her mouth to the world, anyone with an IQ over 100 and every personality on TV recognized she was a mouthpiece for uneducated, white conservatives who had the internet and cable telling them east coast liberals were coming to their farm to tell them how to live.    CNN wasn't running segments on how credible Palin was.  The Washington Post wasn't writing articles in support of whatever stupid agenda Palin offered between shopping sprees and raising a bunch of shitty, spoiled kids.  Palin wasn't taken seriously, so she could say retarded shit and we all knew it was just gibberish.  Now AOC can tweet her New Green Deal that would cost the GDP of the planet several times over within 10 years, and she's treated as credible in the mainstream media.  It was just a couple months ago every candidate for 2020 was pledging support for the fucking thing. 

Remember when the most outrageous thing Palin said as a "leader" was using bullseyes on vulnerable democratic districts for 2010?  The mainstream media feigned outrage at the absurdity of using a target symbol which was supposed to represent condoning murdering democratic candidates in cold blood.  Compare that to the antisemitic and absolute nonsense that comes from our 4 youngest and most intelligent female representatives every single day.   

The left can't win the debate intellectually.  You can't support the immigration, education, medical, and taxation policies of the Democratic frontrunners, and claim to have any foot in reality.  A 70% income tax on the wealthy isn't going to pass congress.  We're not going to welcome millions of illiterate migrants into this country and provide them with medicine and housing.  Free college for all isn't going to happen.  No rational person can believe any of this can happen between 2020 and 2024, using the legislative process.  So they've made a moral one, and you're now a bad person if you don't support the lunacy of their propositions that have no chance in every becoming real.  That's what AOC is, she's someone to tell people if they're good or bad based on how quickly and devoutly they spout utter nonsense.  Palin just spouted utter nonsense.

You’re right...we need more fat, lazy, rich white men who spout nonsense and change the rules every time they don’t get their way.

Remember when AOC questioned why protocol was not being followed on the debate about the census question? What a dumb bitch. She ought to be raped and killed.

I personally find it ironic that someone who did get a free higher education is posting an article complaining about others wanting the same.

You sure got a lot of mileage out of those 10 minutes you were in Iraq.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

When there's no substance to your stance, you have no choice but to respond emotionally and try to guilt people into supporting it.  You can't have an intellectual discussion about it because you know you can't win. 

Let's just pretend for a second that all these liberal ideas are good ones.  Some of them are, some aren't but let's pretend they all have merit.   How are we going to pay for it?  Don't say tax the rich because the rich aren't giving up their money. What other ideas do you have?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

When there's no substance to your stance, you have no choice but to respond emotionally and try to guilt people into supporting it.  You can't have an intellectual discussion about it because you know you can't win. 

Let's just pretend for a second that all these liberal ideas are good ones.  Some of them are, some aren't but let's pretend they all have merit.   How are we going to pay for it?  Don't say tax the rich because the rich aren't giving up their money. What other ideas do you have?

I dont give a shit about changing your mind. You’re a lost cause.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ha, dude you’re the forum troll. The only defender you have after your racist tirade is the guy who used to link Alex Jones articles and still thinks Trump conspired with Putin. No one gives a flying fuck what you post or think. You’re a joke to every single poster here. Insult my military service, call me names, scream “MAGA”!  You’re a fool and every single poster here has called you on it.

Seriously, I think you should take a break. Otherwise your account will be banned soon. Maybe you can’t see this, but you’ve crossed the line too many times. This isn’t the forum for you.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ha, dude you’re the forum troll. The only defender you have after your racist tirade is the guy who used to link Alex Jones articles and still thinks Trump conspired with Putin. No one gives a flying fuck what you post or think. You’re a joke to every single poster here. Insult my military service, call me names, scream “MAGA”!  You’re a fool and every single poster here has called you on it.

Seriously, I think you should take a break. Otherwise your account will be banned soon. Maybe you can’t see this, but you’ve crossed the line too many times. This isn’t the forum for you.

Fuck off Flagg you little bitch. If I’m banned, I’m banned....but fuck you.

You’re the bigot. You’re the entitled. You’re everything that’s wrong with this country. You’re an embarrassment. My rant was an impression of you and your covert belief system.

I don’t need any defenders. I know I’m right and i don’t need anyone to validate that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Fuck off Flagg you little bitch. If I’m banned, I’m banned....but fuck you.

You’re the bigot. You’re the entitled. You’re everything that’s wrong with this country. You’re an embarrassment. My rant was an impression of you and your covert belief system.

I don’t need any defenders. I know I’m right and i don’t need anyone to validate that.

Nobody agrees with you, but you're right and we're all entitled.  Got it. 

You've lost it.  Get help bro before it's too late.

Board footer