You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Nahh I don't think so. I think it likely was just that. Well, maybe he traveled with some of them, and did similar acts in other countries, but I'm not sure it was an entire 'ring' or club. I do find one thing curious. Obviously it's possible or several people might speculate somehow this traces back to Cohen (NYC, millionaires, SDNY). Now I'm not saying Trump here, but I read about Epstein that he seemed to give these girls $200-$400 dollars. Lets be real, not alot of money. Spending money for the mall it seems, although, I can understand how a 14-15 year old girl might take it.

Years later however, they'd likely come up with alot of regret, and alot of guilt over it. I wonder if Cohen was somehow involved in 'hush money' payments to them years later, of far more substantial amounts. $50K-$100K etc.  Could also explain how Cohen could pull off attempting to be such a tough guy, threatening to break legs, kill family etc. A 22 year old might get scared and accept the payoff amount and keep quiet.

Again, not indicating Trump here, just that Cohen was tied to the rich. Anyones guess really. I also wonder if cocaine trafficking gets involved in this (not to the girls, just the FL/NYC millionaires connection). If it gets that huge this countries isn't ready for whats coming imho. That would be a fiasco.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

Acosta's toast. Completely unemotional, no sympathy for the girls, claiming he did right and proud he did something as opposed to letting Epstein walk free. Blaming the process & other people, making it seem like he didnt have other options.

A few pretty long pauses after some questions asked.

He'll be gone Friday.

Damn, you were spot on

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/12/labor-s … -case.html

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Acosta should run for President

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Acosta's toast. Completely unemotional, no sympathy for the girls, claiming he did right and proud he did something as opposed to letting Epstein walk free. Blaming the process & other people, making it seem like he didnt have other options.

He'll be gone Friday.

Damn, you were spot on

Yeah, he called it right on. I thought it would drag out for weeks.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He'll be gone Friday.

Damn, you were spot on

Yeah. saw this. Needed to be done, its just him stepping down, we're not talking about prosecuting him.

My guess is Hannity & Fox News tried to spin it or alieve him of blame, but you figure ghose guys get angry emails and phone calls behing the scenes, plus social media, and much support just wasnt there. Then word got back to Trump it was just becoming indefensible.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Are there any worse groups of voters in this country than the Evangelicals? Does it get any more self-righteous? Does it get any more hypocritical? Does anyone other group of voters set aside all the rules in order to win? The are so easily wrangled because they are so willing to let someone else tell them how to think and who they should vote for. While they continue to fall as a group in gross numbers over the decades, they maximize their efficiency by reaching the highest levels of turnout.

Due to the fact that the popular vote doesn't matter in this country, I figure the Evangelical strategy is to see just how much they can exploit that. They are already overly represented, but it will never be enough for them. No matter how small they become in numbers, I think their strategy for the next decade is to figure out how to draw voting districts to massively over represent themselves on a local, state and federal level.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I saw it said Mike Pence lasted only 90 seconds in a detention center?  It seemed the second one he visited, I'm not sure if the press questioned that the first one looked too staged or what, but not sure why he visited & why they hadn't cleaned it up & emptied it out.  Mostly, it seemed that it was caused by the detainees saying they hadn't showered in 10-20 days. Just a putrid smell in there, and he couldn't tolerate it. Had to be rank.

Leads into the theory that myb Pence won't be on the ticket in 2020, wonder if Trump is eyeing someone up. Previously ppl said Haley but I'd think she's hoping for a chance at 2024.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Are there any worse groups of voters in this country than the Evangelicals? Does it get any more self-righteous? Does it get any more hypocritical? Does anyone other group of voters set aside all the rules in order to win? The are so easily wrangled because they are so willing to let someone else tell them how to think and who they should vote for. While they continue to fall as a group in gross numbers over the decades, they maximize their efficiency by reaching the highest levels of turnout.

Due to the fact that the popular vote doesn't matter in this country, I figure the Evangelical strategy is to see just how much they can exploit that. They are already overly represented, but it will never be enough for them. No matter how small they become in numbers, I think their strategy for the next decade is to figure out how to draw voting districts to massively over represent themselves on a local, state and federal level.

Yes, because they are the only people taking advantage of the political system.  /sarcasm

Mitch, you've got half of the game figured out, but for whatever reason you believe that when the people you support do the exact things you bitch about all the time that it's justified.  Frankly anyone that supports either party is a hypocrite, but admitting that would require people like you to admit that about yourself. You're so self-righteous about so many things, so the hypocritical part of you proclaiming another group to be hypocritical is both hilarious and disturbing at the same time. The whole liberal approach of guilting/shaming people into doing stupid things is nothing but self-righteous bullshit. The whole immigration shitshow is the shining example of liberal hypocrisy. Months ago there was no crisis. Now there's a huge crisis. What's changed? Nothing really...both sides are using the situation for political gain with no regard for the people involved, but people like you will swear up and down that the dems REALLY care about these people. If they did, they wouldn't be using them as political pawns. Both sides think their solution is the only right one when both sides' solutions aren't realistic options. The truth is we can't afford either option, but the truth isn't as much fun as shaming people, right mitch?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I saw it said Mike Pence lasted only 90 seconds in a detention center?  It seemed the second one he visited, I'm not sure if the press questioned that the first one looked too staged or what, but not sure why he visited & why they hadn't cleaned it up & emptied it out.  Mostly, it seemed that it was caused by the detainees saying they hadn't showered in 10-20 days. Just a putrid smell in there, and he couldn't tolerate it. Had to be rank.

Leads into the theory that myb Pence won't be on the ticket in 2020, wonder if Trump is eyeing someone up. Previously ppl said Haley but I'd think she's hoping for a chance at 2024.

Making a bunch of assumptions based off of what may or may not have happened is reckless.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Making a bunch of assumptions based off of what may or may not have happened is reckless.

1. Yeah, cause the RNC is likely to slap a libel suit on a poster from a Guns N Roses message board.

2. I'm never wrong:

Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He'll be gone Friday.

This>>>>>>>Damn, you were spot on<<<<<<<

Board footer