You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Are there any worse groups of voters in this country than the Evangelicals? Does it get any more self-righteous? Does it get any more hypocritical? Does anyone other group of voters set aside all the rules in order to win? The are so easily wrangled because they are so willing to let someone else tell them how to think and who they should vote for. While they continue to fall as a group in gross numbers over the decades, they maximize their efficiency by reaching the highest levels of turnout.

Due to the fact that the popular vote doesn't matter in this country, I figure the Evangelical strategy is to see just how much they can exploit that. They are already overly represented, but it will never be enough for them. No matter how small they become in numbers, I think their strategy for the next decade is to figure out how to draw voting districts to massively over represent themselves on a local, state and federal level.

Yes, because they are the only people taking advantage of the political system.  /sarcasm

Mitch, you've got half of the game figured out, but for whatever reason you believe that when the people you support do the exact things you bitch about all the time that it's justified.  Frankly anyone that supports either party is a hypocrite, but admitting that would require people like you to admit that about yourself. You're so self-righteous about so many things, so the hypocritical part of you proclaiming another group to be hypocritical is both hilarious and disturbing at the same time. The whole liberal approach of guilting/shaming people into doing stupid things is nothing but self-righteous bullshit. The whole immigration shitshow is the shining example of liberal hypocrisy. Months ago there was no crisis. Now there's a huge crisis. What's changed? Nothing really...both sides are using the situation for political gain with no regard for the people involved, but people like you will swear up and down that the dems REALLY care about these people. If they did, they wouldn't be using them as political pawns. Both sides think their solution is the only right one when both sides' solutions aren't realistic options. The truth is we can't afford either option, but the truth isn't as much fun as shaming people, right mitch?

I didn't vote in the last election, so how have I taken a side? You know what's just as hypocritical....sitting in the middle pointing at both the right and left calling them hypocritical while not really taking any real stances of your own.

Show me an example of the left gerrymandering. Show me an example of the left shutting down DMVs and polling stations in red districts. I live in white suburbia...do you know what happens when you go to vote here? No one asks for your ID. You just vote. You state your address and you vote.

Bet it's not that way in poor parts of this country. Bet it's not that way in minority dominated parts of this country.

But you go ahead and keep telling me you've got it all figured out buzz while you simultaneously do nothing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The left's version of gerrymandering is in the process of crossing the border in hoards. If you're going to post about the game, you should understand the game first.

I've sown my ID ever since I started voting again.  I'm as pasty white as they come.  But you keep believing whatever you want to believe because there's no changing your mind until you learn to open it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Is no one aware Maryland was sued for Gerrymandering by Democrats, and was just declared legal by SCOTUS 2 weeks ago?

So yea, there’s your example. And yes, importing millions of people and attempting to count them for representation under the constitution is as nefarious as it comes. Remember 22 years ago when the FBI pulled Ellian Gonzalez from a closet, and the Democrats cheered Clinton?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

This is mind boggling shit here...after a little research it’s clear Maryland votes overwhelmingly Democratic in most districts and in overall totals. Is this another one of the those situations where the person with less votes should win?

Mind boggling even more...the Supreme Court ruled that gerrymandering was legal. And you think that’s cool i take it? Why does anyone bother voting in this country? I mean it. What a farce. A complete Fuckin farce. That shit we do every 4 years is utterly meaningless.

What a joke.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the Electoral College at all?  Do you know why it exists?  Do you know why it will likely never go away (hint: it has nothing to do with what the majority want)?

Did you complain when the Supreme Court ruled the ACA was a tax? Roe v Wade? Or do you only complain when the voting doesn't go your way? Have you ever glanced through the constitution? I haven't, it's a long and boring read (I imagine), but I understand the basics of the cliff notes version. I understand there are laws that you don't like. There are laws I don't like too. Some of them (amazingly enough) might be the same laws. The Constitution outlines a way to change laws. Instead of just ignoring the laws you feel should be laws, you should ask your politicians to change the law in the manner outlined in the Constitution. Most laws that aren't changing the fundamentals of the country are (somewhat) majority rules. Now eliminating the Electoral College will force individual states to basically vote to give up their power...I don't think that's likely to happen in enough numbers to allow for that change. You see, for all the hating you love to do on rednecks, they have the right to be represented just as much as you do. This is a union of states. The states have a lot of power and they would have to decide in massive numbers to give up that power if that were to ever change. What do you think are the odds of that ever happening?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the Electoral College at all?  Do you know why it exists?  Do you know why it will likely never go away (hint: it has nothing to do with what the majority want)?

Did you complain when the Supreme Court ruled the ACA was a tax? Roe v Wade? Or do you only complain when the voting doesn't go your way? Have you ever glanced through the constitution? I haven't, it's a long and boring read (I imagine), but I understand the basics of the cliff notes version. I understand there are laws that you don't like. There are laws I don't like too. Some of them (amazingly enough) might be the same laws. The Constitution outlines a way to change laws. Instead of just ignoring the laws you feel should be laws, you should ask your politicians to change the law in the manner outlined in the Constitution. Most laws that aren't changing the fundamentals of the country are (somewhat) majority rules. Now eliminating the Electoral College will force individual states to basically vote to give up their power...I don't think that's likely to happen in enough numbers to allow for that change. You see, for all the hating you love to do on rednecks, they have the right to be represented just as much as you do. This is a union of states. The states have a lot of power and they would have to decide in massive numbers to give up that power if that were to ever change. What do you think are the odds of that ever happening?

The constitution is flawed as is the Bible.

I understand why it’s there. What i see in it’s modern day incarnation is that there are massive problems with how it’s defined and set up. And there will never be an opportunity to change it because as you stated, states who are overly represented will never elect representatives that would take away their over represented respective states.

You’re right...it won’t change...but that doesn’t make it right. Fly over country that contributes so little to the economy and so little to tax revenue is telling us what to do.

So your message here was there’s nothing to be done?

Why is it ok that 1/3 of the country’s population maintains a majority in the Senate due to poorly written rules?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Nice to see trump tell minority women in Congress to go back to their country.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the way the House and Senate are set up?  If you do, you're asking a stupid question. If you don't, you should never open this thread again. 

It's set up the way it is to protect exactly what you want to happen from happening.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the way the House and Senate are set up?  If you do, you're asking a stupid question. If you don't, you should never open this thread again. 

It's set up the way it is to protect exactly what you want to happen from happening.

Of course i understand the difference....the house of all branches should reflect the will of the people.

Right now it’s the most worthless branch of government.

And fuck you for thinking so little of me that i wouldn’t understand that.

You still haven’t answered my question...why should i bother voting? The decisions have already been made and my vote counts 50 percent of what some others.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Of course i understand the difference....the house of all branches should reflect the will of the people.

Right now it’s the most worthless branch of government.

And fuck you for thinking so little of me that i wouldn’t understand that.

You still haven’t answered my question...why should i bother voting? The decisions have already been made and my vote counts 50 percent of what some others.

You didn’t know Democrats gerrymandered Maryland and there was a major SCOTUS decision 2 weeks ago. And I have serious doubts if you understand how our legislature works or the desire to understand it.

You’re the bigot you accuse everyone else of being. “Fuck flyover country and actual Americans who grow our food. But why aren’t you guys outraged that illegal immigrants aren’t being treated like citizens! MAGA!!!”

You openly hold our constitution with scorn, comparing it to the Bible. Why would anyone care what you think is right?  Your position is fundamentally unamerican.

The constitution is what unites us as Americans. Not skin color, but a shared belief and reverence of that document. And you openly detest it.

Board footer