You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

So anyone who disagrees with Trump should leave, right?

How about Obama. 2008-2016. Obamacare. Should they have left too? The people who disagreed with it. Hannity, Rush, Tea Party. McConnell didn't like Merrick Garland, he should've just left. If a Dem wins in 2020, Republicans should just leave. Go somewhere else. Got it guys, way to paint yourselves into a corner 22

Reading comprehension is a skill.  I know I never said such a thing, but you're channeling your inner mitch now...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

How about Obama. 2008-2016. Obamacare. Should they have left too? The people who disagreed with it. Hannity, Rush, Tea Party. McConnell didn't like Merrick Garland, he should've just left. If a Dem wins in 2020, Republicans should just leave. Go somewhere else. Got it guys, way to paint yourselves into a corner 22

No, just people who openly hate this country and are either refugees or the children of refugees.

Who’d have thought in 2019, patriotism and love of one’s country would be decried as racism and xenophobia. Only in America.

Only 1 of them is a refugee. And AOC definitely isn't a child of a refugee as puerto ricans are born US citizens. Did you even bother researching the other two?

I’m aware of their parentage and am not advocating they be removed from the country. Simply pointing out that at least 2 of them (I didn’t research Presley because I don’t care) are refugees or the child of refugees.  They’re positions are extreme, ignored by their own party, and aren’t reflective of America at all. Omar has said objectively racist things repeatedly, and probably committed marriage fraud (which could cost her citizenship), while the other 3 idiots say outright lies and associate this country with Nazi Germany. They’re free to leave if they hate it here, as their views aren’t shared by a plurality of people and are as radical as anything Ron Paul ever said.

You’re free to align yourself with them and pretend anything Trump has said is remotely close to the overt racism Omar has said the past year. But what he said isn’t racist, and giving more time to these yahoos only hurt the DNC.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

PASnow, why won’t you condemn their violent rhetoric against a lawful government agency that resulted in some nutjob attempting to murder government agents this weekend in Tacoma? 

You’ve had no problem in the past assigning blame to others.

I worked Sat-Sun, probably didn't post at all if you check the thread.

Oh, I wasn’t serious. Just pointing out the double standard. I don’t blame others for the actions of strangers.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the way the House and Senate are set up?  If you do, you're asking a stupid question. If you don't, you should never open this thread again. 

It's set up the way it is to protect exactly what you want to happen from happening.

Of course i understand the difference....the house of all branches should reflect the will of the people.

Right now it’s the most worthless branch of government.

And fuck you for thinking so little of me that i wouldn’t understand that.

You still haven’t answered my question...why should i bother voting? The decisions have already been made and my vote counts 50 percent of what some others.

You didn’t know Democrats gerrymandered Maryland and there was a major SCOTUS decision 2 weeks ago. And I have serious doubts if you understand how our legislature works or the desire to understand it.

You’re the bigot you accuse everyone else of being. “Fuck flyover country and actual Americans who grow our food. But why aren’t you guys outraged that illegal immigrants aren’t being treated like citizens! MAGA!!!”

You openly hold our constitution with scorn, comparing it to the Bible. Why would anyone care what you think is right?  Your position is fundamentally unamerican.

The constitution is what unites us as Americans. Not skin color, but a shared belief and reverence of that document. And you openly detest it.

Yea yea yea....whatever Flagg...we are not united.

If you were so concerned about farmers in fly over country then you’d know that because of trumps policies, they are dying off you hypocritical, ignorant bigot.

And again, we are not united.

Fly over contributes very little and if they are so important why are they dying off?

Again....pot meet kettle you hypocrital bigot.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Do you understand the way the House and Senate are set up?  If you do, you're asking a stupid question. If you don't, you should never open this thread again. 

It's set up the way it is to protect exactly what you want to happen from happening.

Of course i understand the difference....the house of all branches should reflect the will of the people.

Right now it’s the most worthless branch of government.

And fuck you for thinking so little of me that i wouldn’t understand that.

You still haven’t answered my question...why should i bother voting? The decisions have already been made and my vote counts 50 percent of what some others.

And your team is in charge of the most worthless branch.  Interesting.

You’re right...let’s just dissolve it until it can be filled with more agreeable people.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The words racist and racism have no meaning anymore. People literally have no idea what they actually mean it's been so diluted.

3 of them were born in the US. I don't even know if AOC's parents were born in Puerto Rico, they very well may be from NYC as well. Heck, Trumps parents I believe were born in another country. Did Hillary yell "If you don't like it go back to where you came from!" in 2016 when he said the US was a mess?

And 1989 Axl Rose said 'Go back to your country' however 2018 Axl didn't even release that song on his $500 box set.

It doesn't matter...none of that makes it racist. It isn't an anything -ist (maybe USist, but that's what he's always claimed to be anyway), so your side has lumped everything as racist to make sound bad, but now that word has no meaning. If you don't like it here, GTFO is a perfectly acceptable response.  So is change the laws you don't like.  There are a lot of acceptable responses; accusing someone of racism because you think it makes them sound bad isn't one of them.  It just waters down the actual racism...

Not wanting illegal immigrants in the country is NOT racist.  Not wanting antisemitic people in the country is NOT racist.  Not wanting terrorists in the country is NOT racist.  Erring on the side of caution in all of these cases is NOT racist.  It's protecting the country, which contrary to popular belief these days is one of the top responsibilities of the President.  Should he say the things he says?  No, but much better that it's out in the open than behind closed doors like Pelosi. 

If this country was even 1/10 as racist as the dems have been trying to make it sound like it is...there's no good way to put it, but a lot of really bad shit would be happening.  We've come a long way.  We still have work to do (on all sides).  Accusing everything of being racist is taking us back in time far more than anything Trump has said though.

We’ve come such a long way...because we figured out that owning a slave was more expensive than paying them minimum wage.....MAGA!!!!!!!!

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Reading comprehension is a skill.  I know I never said such a thing, but you're channeling your inner mitch now...

That’s right buzz....keep straddling that fence where you say so much but really say nothing. That is what helps you claim innocence when anyone ever calls you out on anything.

Speak in vagueness....split hairs....redirect....do whatever you have to do so that you never really say a god damned thing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That’s right buzz....keep straddling that fence where you say so much but really say nothing. That is what helps you claim innocence when anyone ever calls you out on anything.

Speak in vagueness....split hairs....redirect....do whatever you have to do so that you never really say a god damned thing.

Better than spewing what you spew.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Some Americans, myself included, think refugees that were welcomed from third world shitholes should be a lot more grateful and a lot less angry and vocal about how horrible a nation their parents and themselves had no part in building or supporting. But I’m just the common man, and don’t pretend that the “squad” are intelligent, informed, nor represent any sizable portion of American beliefs.

This is exactly how i perceive the current political climate....entitled brats who are trying to take credit for what their parents, grandparents and great grandparents did.

The belief he is describing here is....”i was here longer so I’m entitled to things.”

It’s really nothing more.

So keep new people out who will contribute more than me bc that is threatening.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Better than spewing what you spew.

Let me summarize all your posts right here:
I’m really reasonable and i call things down the middle. I’m just a middle of the road guy.

Confronted with a real issue: obviscate, put off, criticize those who cannot defend themselves, speak in abstractions, claim to be an American through and through.

Next.

Board footer