You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

The local news summed up the testimony as nothing we didn't already know and nobody changed their mind on what they believed going into it based on the testimony.  Fair analysis? 

Irish, there's really one person that is involved with that with few exceptions. Sometimes he's spewing it, sometimes it's directed at him, but he's almost always involved. I've been all for removing the bad apple since his racist rant a couple weeks ago.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The local news summed up the testimony as nothing we didn't already know and nobody changed their mind on what they believed going into it based on the testimony.  Fair analysis?

That's pretty spot on. Evidence of 10 counts of obstruction, yet some people refuse to acknowledge it occurred due to standing by Trumpers moronic 'No collusion, no obstruction' remark.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Irish, there's really one person that is involved with that with few exceptions. Sometimes he's spewing it, sometimes it's directed at him, but he's almost always involved. I've been all for removing the bad apple since his racist rant a couple weeks ago.

Not saying I would quit or post less in protest, but I think as a whole this thread would become less active, going days possibly a week or more without a post. Just seeing that written "Last post: Over a week ago" would cause alot of us to lose interest in the thread, and with it, this board.

In a weird way he holds alot of it together. No Guns new by the end of the year & it ends up DOA in January imho.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not saying I would quit or post less in protest, but I think as a whole this thread would become less active, going days possibly a week or more without a post. Just seeing that written "Last post: Over a week ago" would cause alot of us to lose interest in the thread, and with it, this board.

In a weird way he holds alot of it together. No Guns new by the end of the year & it ends up DOA in January imho.

I disagree completely. Look how active this thread was when people were discussing policy or events rather than responding to his nonsense. It poisons everything. You can see the site gets 10-20 logged in accounts a day, to say nothing of how many stay logged out.

We could be discussing immigration, but Mitch would pop in, call everyone a racist, say objectively false things, then toss some slurs around to top it all off. Can you blame people from being hesitant to engage?  Every conversation becomes about Mitch and the horrible things he’s saying today.

To tell you the truth, if Mitch doesn’t quit his behavior or be removed from this section, I don’t know how much longer I’ll stick around. I have a hunch this is more common than what you’re suggesting.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have no idea what the whole point of the investigation was now.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

I have no idea what the whole point of the investigation was now.

Yea, it seems they knew almost immediately that no one was working with Russia. The bulk of time (and all indictments for Americans or anyone arrested) were related to lying about things they did unrelated to the election. If Mueller thought Trump couldn’t be guilty of obstruction for a myriad of reasons that we’ve previously discussed, what was the point of such an investigation.

He was certain to reaffirm, even starting his 2nd testimony with the clarification, that he was not saying Trump would have been indicted if not for DoJ policy.

First it was collusion, then it was the emoluments clause, then it was campaign finance, and finally obstruction.

I know Barr will be immediately denounced as a hack, but I’m very interested in the IG report that evaluates how the Steele Dossier and certain officials played in all of this. I’ll never be able to prove it, but I’m inclined to believe this was a hit job from Clinton loyalist who knew what such accusations would result in, and how horribly Trump would handle it with a rabid, anti-Trump media.

Randall Flagg

Mueller testified today that he conducted his investigation unhindered. Comey testified that he knew and believed the President could legally fire him at any moment for any reason. Where is the obstruction in this?

Democrats have already moved on to claiming obstruction now means asserting executive privilege which has previously been affirmed by SCOTUS.  An appeals court ruled their emoluments case baseless. I mean, when does it become obvious this is political theatre to distract from the fact things are fucking awesome under Trump. Economy and all job metrics are the best they’ve been in a generation. Fewer soldiers have died abroad than any other year for decades. We’re in the least amount of armed conflicts in our modern history. What do they have to run on? Fucking mean tweets? Their presidential candidates are promising the world to appeal to people who think social media is reality.

Trump is a dick. But he hasn’t done anything that isn’t in the best interest of this country and its citizens. If you disagree, please give me an example. Even liberal media is calling today’s circus a “disaster” for Democrats. When does it end and when do they focus on a realistic message for 2020?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Mueller testified today that he conducted his investigation unhindered. Comey testified that he knew and believed the President could legally fire him at any moment for any reason. Where is the obstruction in this?

Democrats have already moved on to claiming obstruction now means asserting executive privilege which has previously been affirmed by SCOTUS.  An appeals court ruled their emoluments case baseless. I mean, when does it become obvious this is political theatre to distract from the fact things are fucking awesome under Trump. Economy and all job metrics are the best they’ve been in a generation. Fewer soldiers have died abroad than any other year for decades. We’re in the least amount of armed conflicts in our modern history. What do they have to run on? Fucking mean tweets? Their presidential candidates are promising the world to appeal to people who think social media is reality.

Trump is a dick. But he hasn’t done anything that isn’t in the best interest of this country and its citizens. If you disagree, please give me an example. Even liberal media is calling today’s circus a “disaster” for Democrats. When does it end and when do they focus on a realistic message for 2020?

You are so gross.

Nothing but subjective statements.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Enough. Cut that shit out. Everyone can have a civil conversation/debate until you show up. I don't want to see you banned but I hate seeing the thread get mucked up. Knock it off.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Enough. Cut that shit out. Everyone can have a civil conversation/debate until you show up. I don't want to see you banned but I hate seeing the thread get mucked up. Knock it off.

At this point it seems he's trying to get himself banned because he can't stop himself.

Board footer