You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

What if Obama (either Barack or Michelle) was the Vice on the ticket?

Can that happen or is there a rule against that like there is for president?

I just think Biden comes off way too goofy.

No, Barack Obama can’t be VP because of the 25th amendment.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m hoping Andrew Yang is able to get automation into the discussion from both parties. Automation is our greatest threat, more so than climate change. And no one wants to talk about it.

This.

I really, really like Yang but he has a smaller chance than Amy. They never give him any time.

And it doesn't matter how bad Gabbard is, Google shouldn't do this to ANYONE.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’m hoping Andrew Yang is able to get automation into the discussion from both parties. Automation is our greatest threat, more so than climate change. And no one wants to talk about it.

This.

I really, really like Yang but he has a smaller chance than Amy. They never give him any time.

In fairness tho I've run Adwords, and it's entirely automated. Granted, for very very large buys it probably or should have some manualr intervention. Still, Google states it was a fraud detection which occured, which could be plausible. Consider this, Tulsi runs $5k buys for weeks, then holds off waiting till after the debate, then bumps it up to $150K.  Google might trigger alarms that it was hacked or a fake credit card (again, automated, not saying someone in a cubicle saw it and thought 'Whoa, Tulsi Gabbard $150K ad buy. No way!' STOP...)

A local restaurant or fencing company or car dealership probably may not make such a drastic change.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yangs minimum base $k kinda got called out with the VAT tax.  People will get $4k each, but essentially pay $4k in way of his federal sales tax.

Over time with automation this will likely occur, I just thing he hasn't hammered everything out yet. Kinda like Ben Carsons 2012 9/9/9 tax (Federal sales tax, income tax, corporate tax). Kinda rushed for campaign speak.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This.

I really don’t see how you go from trump and these hard right republicans to Yang and free income.

How do you go from fuck $15 minimum wage to this?!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This.

I really don’t see how you go from trump and these hard right republicans to Yang and free income.

I don't support Trump.

Yang is the only one talking automation, but like I said, he has about as much chance as his UBI idea has to actually passing a Congress and Senate vote. Wherever that $15 minimum wage has been implemented, the cost of living in that area has skyrocketed completely undermining its benefits.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I thought that only applies to President.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The amendment clarifies that should the President die, be incapacitated or removed, the VP assumes the presidency.  As the amendment also prohibits a person from serving more than 6 years through 2 terms as President, it would also prohibit them from the position of VP.  I guess you could argue that so long as Obama didn't take over the Presidency with more than 2 years left in Biden's term it could be legal, but most scholars view it as a blanket prohibition.

Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The amendment clarifies that should the President die, be incapacitated or removed, the VP assumes the presidency.  As the amendment also prohibits a person from serving more than 6 years through 2 terms as President, it would also prohibit them from the position of VP.  I guess you could argue that so long as Obama didn't take over the Presidency with more than 2 years left in Biden's term it could be legal, but most scholars view it as a blanket prohibition.

Oops, the bolded portion is actually from the 22nd amendment, not the 25th.  Goof on me.  The 12th Amendment says anyone not eligible to be President, can't be VP.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This.

I don't support Trump.

Yang is the only one talking automation, but like I said, he has about as much chance as his UBI idea has to actually passing a Congress and Senate vote. Wherever that $15 minimum wage has been implemented, the cost of living in that area has skyrocketed completely undermining its benefits.

Why wouldn’t the same occurr with free money from the government?

Not taking a side here...but if you’re going to take the stance that you do here about minimum wage then why would it be any different?

Board footer