You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:

I think the ultimate goal for Republicans should be to lose the popular vote by 6 million this time and win the electoral college.

Then...treat it like a mandate and completely ignore what the majority want.

In 12 years...republicans will have bastardized the electoral college so badly that they’ll win 400 EC votes and continue to lose the popular vote.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

If impeachment proceedings do not occur under Trump the precedent set will be that there is virtually no standard and impeachment proceedings should never occur again in this country.

The republicans proceeded with impeachment and had far less.

I’m so tired of the spineless democrats always taking the high road and losing.

Where do you come up with this nonsense. Seriously. Clinton lied under oath about having a relationship with Lewinsky. He was on record attempting to bribe Lewinsky to shut up, and used White House staff to smear her. If it wasn’t for the dress, nothing would have came from it and you’d still be calling Lewinsky a whore and Clinton an innocent man.

Those are facts. Clinton was impeached over perjury and obstruction of justice. Mueller repeatedly stated there is no evidence to suggest Trump or anyone colluded/conspired with Russia. Or did you not read the report or watch last week’s circus. I’m sure you’ll toss some insults my way and move on to more bullshit accusations, but you clearly don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

You’re free to say lying about a blow job doesn’t warrant impeachment. Maybe I’m inclined to agree with you.

But you don’t get to say absolutely false shit like there’s more evidence Trump obstructed justice than Clinton. Clinton obstructed justice trying to cover up his objective crime of perjury. Trump wanted to end an investigation he knew to be a democratic smear and which a 2 year investigation found no evidence to support.

You’re free to say this warrants impeachment. But you don’t get to lie and repeat falsehoods because you’re an ignorant partisan who parrots whatever talking point flashes in front of you during the whole two minutes you seek out information each day.

Call me names, scream MAGA. We’re all very impressed by your intellectual might.

Your party isn’t taking the high road. They’re swinging as low as they can with constant accusations of racism and weaponizing 30 year old sexual assault allegations that no one in the room supports.

Baltimore is a shit hole and the murder capital of the US. The mayor, who just resigned for corruption, was on tv last year saying exactly what Trump said. Rats, feces, garbage and incredible street violence. And rather than hold hearings on Baltimore and work to fix it, Cummings is going after Trump’s kids so people like you can chuckle and cheer on the charade. Seriously, on what planet do you get to claim any moral superiority. You cried about Benghazi, but how many committees are searching for something to deflect from the lack of policy and achievements from the current Democratic Party.

Pick up a book. Read an actual newspaper. You’ll be amazed at how wrong you are.

So when you talk about setting new standards for impeachment, it’s completely laughable. Clinton lied under oath and obstructed justice. You don’t get to claim he didn’t. The Democrats didn’t care and voted to acquit. Hillary mishandled classifies information (a felony which ruined Petraeus’ career) and then deleted 30k emails and destroyed evidence under subpoena. And your party did nothing, not even condemn it.

But Trump tried to end a completely bullshit investigation built on Russian intelligence Clinton paid for, and you have the gall to claim “double standards”. It’s just so absurd it’s hysterical.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Where do you come up with this nonsense. Seriously. Clinton lied under oath about having a relationship with Lewinsky. He was on record attempting to bribe Lewinsky to shut up, and used White House staff to smear her. If it wasn’t for the dress, nothing would have came from it and you’d still be calling Lewinsky a whore and Clinton an innocent man.

If this was all impeachable then, why shouldn't it be now? Now Trump may have avoided lying under oath by consistently not cooperating, but that's just as bad to me. Lewisinsky is a whore, and so is Melania.

Those are facts. Clinton was impeached over perjury and obstruction of justice. Mueller repeatedly stated there is no evidence to suggest Trump or anyone colluded/conspired with Russia.

This is not what Mueller said...I know it's what you want to believe he said, but he did not say this...show me word for word the quote where he says 'there is not evidence' of anything. This is a lie or at least a gross misrepresentation of what he said. He never said that once about anything.

You’re free to say lying about a blow job doesn’t warrant impeachment. Maybe I’m inclined to agree with you.

But you don’t get to say absolutely false shit like there’s more evidence Trump obstructed justice than Clinton. Clinton obstructed justice trying to cover up his objective crime of perjury. Trump wanted to end an investigation he knew to be a democratic smear and which a 2 year investigation found no evidence to support.

This is all subjective. Other than Clinton trying to cover something up. If you believe this is a pure smear campaign, then you get to believe that...but to peddle that is pure objective fact proves you to be exactly what you're accusing me of. NO EVIDENCE to support? Good god man, NO EVIDENCE? Now you sound like a propaganda machine. Did he or did he not say there were plenty of things he could be charged with once he's out of office that Mueller would not charge him with now or volley responsibility to Congress?

I don't think you realize how foolish you look when you say he found NO EVIDENCE. Mind boggling.

You’re free to say this warrants impeachment. But you don’t get to lie and repeat falsehoods because you’re an ignorant partisan who parrots whatever talking point flashes in front of you during the whole two minutes you seek out information each day.

Call me names, scream MAGA. We’re all very impressed by your intellectual might.

Your party isn’t taking the high road. They’re swinging as low as they can with constant accusations of racism and weaponizing 30 year old sexual assault allegations that no one in the room supports.

What exactly does no one in the room support? No one here supports holding men accountable for things they did even though they did them 30 years ago?

They're trying to take the high road by ignoring all that's been done and just focus on winning the next election.

Have you not seen the great measures that the Trump administration has gone to make sure election security remains as incompetent as it has been? The Senate majority is held by and represents something like 35% of the population and the Senate leader refuses to even hold votes on things that will improve election security. These things are not the high road.

The Republican Party is bloated with white men. White men who are holding everyone else accountable but themselves.

Baltimore is a shit hole and the murder capital of the US. The mayor, who just resigned for corruption, was on tv last year saying exactly what Trump said. Rats, feces, garbage and incredible street violence. And rather than hold hearings on Baltimore and work to fix it, Cummings is going after Trump’s kids so people like you can chuckle and cheer on the charade.

When was fixing it on the table? Trump's entire tenure has been about obliterating large cities and punishing them. You've framed this very dishonestly. You think it's cool that Kushner played a role in Baltimore? You think it's cool to slap Cummings on the wrist and absolve Kushner of any responsibility? You're very willing to hold the government accountable but not the private sector.

I see this pattern in you.

Seriously, on what planet do you get to claim any moral superiority. You cried about Benghazi, but how many committees are searching for something to deflect from the lack of policy and achievements from the current Democratic Party.

There are at least 100 bills the House has passed that McConnell refuses to take up.

Yea I cried about Behnghazi and the Clintons and all of it not because I was defending anyone. I cried about it because the Republicans wrote the fuckin' playbook on this shit. They literally wrote the playbook on ALL OF IT!!!

And now we have guys like you pissing and moaning about it when these tactics are used back at you. When these tactics have raised to a new level of scum. I defy you to tell me that the never ending investigation of Hillary Clinton had nothing to with anything other than chipping away at her voters and supporters. Who benefited from that? Donald the dipshit did.

Pick up a book. Read an actual newspaper. You’ll be amazed at how wrong you are.

No, I'm not wrong...I stay as far away from all of that stuff as possible. The alternative is you, who picks and chooses who he considers worthy of consideration and who isn't. Who is worthy of influencing your opinion? It's usually the people who reaffirm what you already think anyway.

So when you talk about setting new standards for impeachment, it’s completely laughable. Clinton lied under oath and obstructed justice. You don’t get to claim he didn’t. The Democrats didn’t care and voted to acquit. Hillary mishandled classifies information (a felony which ruined Petraeus’ career) and then deleted 30k emails and destroyed evidence under subpoena. And your party did nothing, not even condemn it.

Yea except many Republicans have been caught doing the same thing making these 'rules' essentially worthless. And those pursuing Clinton were hypocrites. The Trump administration uses private e-mail to communicate about government related business. Instead of delete e-mails or documents, the Trump administration just refuses to cooperate and share them. What's the fuckin' difference man?

There are no standards for anything and the Democrats are too feckless and spineless to do what Republicans would do ten times over.

But Trump tried to end a completely bullshit investigation built on Russian intelligence Clinton paid for, and you have the gall to claim “double standards”. It’s just so absurd it’s hysterical.

So long as you continue to believe it's complete bullshit then your opinion should not be taken seriously on this matter. From the shady characters surrounding Trump at every turn, to the indictments and prison sentences (all a joke to you, I'm sure)...from his behavior as a business man to his behavior in his personal life...from the countless documentations of Trump declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying taxes to his long record of hiring illegal immigrants himself....vanity, selfishness, calling out individual members of Congress , mostly women I might add...to tell them to leave the country...

I mean this shit just goes on and on and on....and you wanna sit here and split hairs about what Mueller said and opine about the Clintons...I don't think you could have a discussions about this without bringing them up.

Randall Flagg

“did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

Right from the report, Mitch. You just admitted you don’t read the news, and actively avoid it. This is why you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

The rest of your post is just noise with no attempt at rhyme or reason.

You make an audacious claim of new standards or more evidence existing for a charge, then when presented with reality you change the subject and talk about different things.

We’re all aware that Trump is accused of obstruction by Democrats. Mueller was sure to clarify his office has no stance on the issue, but you’re free to hope a democrat wins next year, and goes after Trump - the same shit you predicted Trump would do to Clinton (which never happened). Then you’ll pretend this is all new and somehow righteous.

It’s funny to me, because you’re completely ignorant of how ignorant you are.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

“did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

Right from the report, Mitch. You just admitted you don’t read the news, and actively avoid it. This is why you don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

You make an audacious claim of new standards or more evidence existing for a charge, then when presented with reality you change the subject and talk about different things.

We’re all aware that Trump is accused of obstruction by Democrats. Mueller was sure to clarify his office has no stance on the issue, but you’re free to hope a democrat wins next year, and goes after Trump - the same shit you predicted Trump would do to Clinton (which never happened). Then you’ll pretend this is all new and somehow righteous.

I see you're graduating from the Bill Barr school of revision....I think it's mostly accepted that Barr took that line out of context, conveniently.

You changed the subject....you started talking about the Clintons and fuckin' Baltimore. These topics were not relavant to my orginal point

Classic whatabout-ism

....jesus christ man...pot meet kettle.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I see you're graduating from the Bill Barr school of revision....I think it's mostly accepted that Barr took that line out of context, conveniently.

You changed the subject....you started talking about the Clintons and fuckin' Baltimore. These topics were not relavant to my orginal point

Classic whatabout-ism

I’m directly replying to your post, things you said. I’m seriously done with you. No one should engage with you, because you can’t remember what you posted 5 minutes earlier.

You’re a broken person who needs attention from strangers on the internet, and thrives off it.

This is why everyone ignores you or points out your idiocy. It’s very much deserved. Just go away.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Classic whatabout-ism

I’m directly replying to your post, things you said. I’m seriously done with you. No one should engage with you, because you can’t remember what you posted 5 minutes earlier.

You’re a broken person who needs attention from strangers on the internet, and thrives off it.

This is why everyone ignores you or points out your idiocy. It’s very much deserved. Just go away.

Aww poor RF

I said nothing about the Clintons or Baltimore in my last two posts prior to our engagement here.

You brought up Baltimore and the Clintons...they were completely irrelevant. You brought them up. You did that.

This is why you’re impossible to engage with.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Alright...if I’m wrong guys, tell me...is it a widely held belief that the Mueller report found no evidence of wrong doing? I know Barr cut and pasted that sentence fragment when he addressed the report some 48 hours after it was released, but how is it not clear that he was put there to say that no matter what?

If anything the Mueller report caused more confusion but RF claims the report proved the whole thing to be a farce.

It established many contacts with Russia. It did not make it clear what was legal.

It was a report...Mueller was never meant to be judge, jury and executioner.

Regardless of how this ends, i found Mueller to be an exemplary public servent.

In no way did this report exonerate anyone. It’s congrss’ Job to take it farther or not.

Randall Flagg

Guess who’s proving they can’t read once again! “ Let’s make up arguments because we can’t stick to the one we started with because we were embarrassed at our lack of knowledge.”

Warning: More insults forthcoming and unintelligible ramblings from the person who just admitted they intentionally avoid news.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Guess who’s proving they can’t read once again! “ Let’s make up arguments because we can’t stick to the one we started with because we were embarrassed at our lack of knowledge.”

Warning: More insults forthcoming and unintelligible ramblings from the person who just admitted they intentionally avoid news.

You didn’t prove a damn thing. You could have written a post on this topic on any number of occasions. Your stance was the same 2 years ago when you had nothing to go by. You should save your breath and just copy and paste the posts you made 2 years ago regarding this topic.

You have been and continue to be dishonest about the interpretation of what’s happened and your opinions are just that...opinions.

Your posts leap from one topic to another...i truly cannot follow your posts...they are incomprehensible. You do not explain how you believe everything is related.

For you to say there’s no evidence is pure dishonesty. The antithesis of what you say you are...you’re trying to make this seem black and white...and it’s a shut case.

Just because you’re arrogant and obnoxiously confident doesn’t mean you’re correct or accurate. You’re posing as an intellectual while regurgitating other peoples thoughts.

I’ve tried very hard to be civil with you today...but i honestly don’t understand what you’re trying to say. The syntax and style of communication leaves a lot to infer. Your reactions are inconsistent and rambling...you’re condescending in your tone.

Did Mueller exonerate Trump? I don’t believe that’s what he said. It’s a shame you have to cling so closely to the belief that you created way before you had a right to make any conclusion so steadfastly. Because you did that...I’ve never taken your opinion seriously.

Board footer